ADVERTISEMENT

Alan Saunders reporting ox is gone

Madden says his sources within the school are telling him there was a gigantic blowout between OX and Coach Duzz at a Pitt BBQ recently. He says former players have since emailed him to confirm this today. Madden ended segment saying, "Duzz may turn out to be a good football coach for Pitt, but he is a bad person, hard to work for."

I know he's fat, ugly, and needs to stick to hockey. Just passing on what was said about this on his show today.
There are a lot of reasons HCPN might not work out at Pitt, but being difficult to work for, for the equipment manager is not going to be one of them. This has entitled 31 year employee written all over it. Probably thought he was as important as the $3M+ head football coach.

I have mixed feelings. I like Ox as do many players and staff. However, sometimes a change is needed for both parties. Guy did a ton of stuff for the program, but also witnessed times when wrong cleats were on and our team was slipping all over the place? Who does that fall on? Just asking?

If it was a flip out emotional response, does it change my mind? Not sure. But Pitt is trying its best to hire the best people. Like Salesi, it sucks to see an institution leave, but maybe it was time?

What Pitt desperately needs is stability in the head coaches and someone skilled in fund development. A true connection with the past players.

Another question: do we have the Right Person doing that job? With the former greats we should be rolling in the dough. Not getting much out of that current person.

1. You get to that point in life where change is inevitable. A change in scenery, a change of wardrobe, a change in the structure of things. It's a step that's necessary in order to move your plot forward. up, down.
I find change to be positive, 31 yeas is a long time to be in one job.
Narduzzi is the new football CEO and he'll manage things his way to be successful.
Sometimes people in jobs for a long time like 31 years are resistant to change, new ideas and hold organizations back!

I worked for a start-up and the owner never cared for the way the company that cleaned the office cleaned. One night he asked the guy to go around and make sure all the waste baskets were empty because they often aren’t and things get left in them for weeks. The man responded with “don’t you have arms ?” To which my boss said a couple days later with he fired them “yes I do have arms, I used them to find a new company and sign your pink slips”

I read this thread and assume you all are joking. Who gives a f if narduzzi wants to fire this guy? Seriously? I’m sure he has his reasons, and the way it sounds on this thread, he has every right to.

Also!!! Our equipment always sucked. We were always the team slipping all over the field while the competition didn’t. He should have been fired long ago

Madden just gave another detail about the Ox vs Duzz dust up. Apparently Duzz order OX to clean up after everyone recently at the yearly BBQ. OX refused, leading to the disagreement and his firing after over 30 years with the team.

That is pretty damn sad for Duzz to do that to such a respected guy.
Heard he left on his own

Because when old players come back or anybody associated comes back, they go see Junko and spend hours with him. Force him out and not let him call his own shot when he wants to go.....you won’t have anybody looking at this program. Bad news travels and people don’t like seeing people they care about disrespected.

It’s not about what he’s doing to get kids here, it’s about what he does after they get here. Go ask any player who’s played at Pitt for the past 30 years and you’ll hear it. I heard it again a few weeks ago from 4 former players at a family function. He’s loved more than any coach on the staff by far.

the "former players" have been pretty much useless here; Kristofic & Apke being exhibits 1A & 1B.

Reactions: pittmeister
Ok guys...we know nothing here. It could be he wanted to retire. It could be he was let go because of Lyke cleaning house.

But what makes no sense is Narduzzi hosting a team barbecue at his house (plenty of social media posts last week showing the guys at his house) which easily is a mini mansion and then firing/forcing out ox because ox was brought to the barbecue to clean up. That makes zero sense at all.

Now is it hypothetical that all coaches were asked to stay and help out with cleanup and he didn't and this is a long list of not pulling his weight. But for Mark super genius Madden to state this as a fact doesn't seem feasible in my opinion.

That doesn’t make sense has to be other issues inside the program and it boiled over between him and the coach.

Reactions: pittmeister
Why would Alan or Dipaola not report about the blow up by Duzz? Are they scared of losing their media access? Pansies.

Dipaola reported that Ox resigned per the university. Madden and Gorman didn't "report" anything. They passed on a rumor.

I'm glad others also picked up on Pitt seemingly playing on roller skates all the time, especially at home. Crazy how often it happened at home when your home field should be your advantage.

Not like it's going to be hard to find someone else.

No Pitt players appear to be making large donations. That’s part of the problem.
How's your donation coming there Ski?
Check's in the mail! Oh it got lost???
How can you talk about players donations when you don't give a dime to PITT.
You don't by PITT athletic tickets and you don't attend games.
Typical "talking out of both sides of your mouth" kinda guy!
PITT needs more fans just like you!
Critical of the program yet you do nothing to help!
You and people like you are part of the problem for PITT athletics and will never be part of the solution!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: BigHound11
You and people like you are part of the problem for PITT athletics and will never be part of the solution!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

I'll donate to athletics the day Pitt starts paying players. Until then, I'm directing 100% of my contributions to academics. I've been pretty darn consistent there.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

To be honest, it is pretty weak to call out alums who didn't play and especially profit from sports if those who did don't contribute. Don't you think?

Madden just gave another detail about the Ox vs Duzz dust up. Apparently Duzz order OX to clean up after everyone recently at the yearly BBQ. OX refused, leading to the disagreement and his firing after over 30 years with the team.

That is pretty damn sad for Duzz to do that to such a respected guy.

And you really believe Madden? The guy who creates controversy out of nothing to help his ratings.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Who the F throws a BBQ at their house and makes a guest clean up after other people? I love Duzz more than anyone, but thats a prick move.

I ain't buying that.... The more plausible explanation is that Narduzzi asked all the non-players to help clean up after the party and Ox refused for whatever reason... I also don't believe this was the only issue that caused this friction between Ox and Narduzzi... Ox probably didn't feel appreciated and decided to resign.

When there's smoke there's fire. I'm sure it wad completely made up and Duzz did nothing wrong.
You're taking the pendulum to the other extreme simply because I asked a question when you made a declarative statement.

You stated it as if it were fact. I simply asked if it had been substantiated.

I didn't imply or suggest that Coach Narduzzi had or didn't have any fault in the situation.

Madden has stated multiple times that certain members on Narduzzi's staff do not like him. Whether it's true or not is always the question. He says the same unsubstantiated BS about the Steelers, Pirates, and PSU.

On the surface, firing an equipment manager isnt a big deal. However, Ox is a loved member of the Pitt football family. Narduzzi may have had a very good reason for doing this. We will never know but like prosecutors say, there isn't one piece of evidence that tells the tale, its like putting puzzle pieces together. If you consider the putrid local recruiting along with whispers /rumors from the families of local recruits, and now what seems to be a petty firing, its starting to look more and more like there is a problem.

He had been promised a raise each of the last two offseasons. Didn't get it again this year. Had been thinking about leaving for a few months if it did not happen.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I ain't buying that.... The more plausible explanation is that Narduzzi asked all the non-players to help clean up after the party and Ox refused for whatever reason... I also don't believe this was the only issue that caused this friction between Ox and Narduzzi... Ox probably didn't feel appreciated and decided to resign.
Ok, then why are several former Pitt football players openly upset about the firing? I'm sure its a total coincidence and you're completely right!

Ok, then why are several former Pitt football players openly upset about the firing? I'm sure its a total coincidence and you're completely right!

Being upset because a likable guy leaves vs some rumor evil narduzzi forced poor underpaid employee to come to his house to clean it are two completely different things

Yes, they are upset because he's no longer there. Was he fired?

Let's go on the assumption that he was forced out....

I can't believe that refusing to clean up at a barbecue would cause his dismissal. There has to be other issues.

If that's the case then we can conclude a couple of things:

1. Lyke is stupid. There is no indication of that.

2. Narduzzi is a tyrant. There is no indication of that either. All the players and the parents I have spoken to love Narduzzi. The alumni love him as well.

So you can draw your own conclusions...

I believe that Ox didn't feel appreciated and resigned or this is a matter of complacency and entitlement that reeks in the athletic department for years and Lyke is continuing to clean house....

Probably because they aren't very smart, but they were close to the guy. Far, far, far more players have said nothing and don't care at all.

Reactions: Ski11585
Yes, they are upset because he's no longer there. Was he fired?

Let's go on the assumption that he was forced out....

I can't believe that refusing to clean up at a barbecue would cause his dismissal. There has to be other issues.

If that's the case then we can conclude a couple of things:

1. Lyke is stupid. There is no indication of that.

2. Narduzzi is a tyrant. There is no indication of that either. All the players and the parents I have spoken to love Narduzzi. The alumni love him as well.

So you can draw your own conclusions...

I believe that Ox didn't feel appreciated and resigned or this is a matter of complacency and entitlement that reeks in the athletic department for years and Lyke is continuing to clean house....

Everything is pure speculation but your post makes more sense than any

Reactions: Las Panteras
I would believe the guy who signed up today to post something that actually makes sense, rather than the other nonsense people are insinuating.

You very may be right. You have been right on other like conversations. It's just hard to tell with so many posts from trolls signing up daily.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT