ADVERTISEMENT

All-American Middle Blocker Transfer Target visits Pitt

Ofoegbu's 143 total blocks were the most in the Big West this season and 31st best in the country. She was second in the Big West in hitting percentage (.372), third in blocks (1.28) and points (4.31) as well as sixth in kills (3.39).

The two-time Big West first-team honoree holds two of the top 10 season block assists records at UCI and her 312 career block assists are fifth all-time.

Reactions: jctrack
UC IRVINE
2021 (Sophomore)

First team All-Big West
Ranked 15th nationally in hitting percentage (.409)
Second in the conference in blocks (1.26), fourth in total points (4.01) and eighth in kills (3.18)
Hit .786 against Sacred Heart which was the best mark in the conference
Totaled the most block assists (123) and total blocks (144) in the league
Played in all 114 sets
Ended the year fifth in block assists in a season (123), third in hitting percentage (.409) and seventh in solo blocks (21)
Had a career-high 10 block assists versus UC San Diego, which was tied for 10th for block assists in a UCI match
Big West Offensive Player of the Week

Reactions: UptownPrivileges
UC IRVINE
2021 (Sophomore)

First team All-Big West
Ranked 15th nationally in hitting percentage (.409)
Second in the conference in blocks (1.26), fourth in total points (4.01) and eighth in kills (3.18)
Hit .786 against Sacred Heart which was the best mark in the conference
Totaled the most block assists (123) and total blocks (144) in the league
Played in all 114 sets
Ended the year fifth in block assists in a season (123), third in hitting percentage (.409) and seventh in solo blocks (21)
Had a career-high 10 block assists versus UC San Diego, which was tied for 10th for block assists in a UCI match
Big West Offensive Player of the Week
Thanks for finding this and posting it.......fingers crossed we see her in the Fitzgerald this fall wearing blue and gold!

Never underestimate Fisher and the transfer portal.
He's a California guy too, so that should help here.
This would be a great addition to an already solid roster.
Pitt reloads, doesn't rebuild! THAT is a program!!
I think I read on the football board that Fisher and Narduzzi high fived at the basketball game- great to see the programs helping each other recruit !

I think I read on the football board that Fisher and Narduzzi high fived at the basketball game- great to see the programs helping each other recruit !
Indeed.
And they should both be grateful that Pitt basketball has come back to life and reinvigorated the fans and the Pete.
Enough positive Pitt vibes at the Pete yesterday for any coach or recruit to get drunk off of!

All American middle blocker Onye Ofoegbu has announced she is transferring to Oregon.
Read on a message board that it was an academic decision. She is going g to enroll in a Master’s program that both Pitt and Oregon offer. But, she then decided she wants to redshirt in 2023 to focus in academics and then play in 2024. Pitt needs someone to play this year. Oregon was willing to accommodate her.

Reactions: UptownPrivileges
ADVERTISEMENT