ADVERTISEMENT

Alright metric and NET defenders, let’s hear the excuses for Nevada!

KennyHeisman8

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2021
It’s almost like anyone with the slightest amount of common sense could look at the mwc’s metrics and know they were bs.

Clemson, even rutgers, they should be livid. And yes I know they lost but the deflation of not making the tournament is tough ti overcome

Reactions: Zepley09 and gary2
It’s almost like anyone with the slightest amount of common sense could look at the mwc’s metrics and know they were bs.

Clemson, even rutgers, they should be livid. And yes I know they lost but the deflation of not making the tournament is tough ti overcome
You won't hear any excuses from me. I had Nevada and NCSU amd Providence out of the tournament and Rutgers and OkSt and Clemson in.

Ps. Oklahoma State was the "first team out".... not Rutgers or Clemson.... and is the team with the biggest beef about being left out.

You won't hear any excuses from me. I had Nevada and NCSU amd Providence out of the tournament and Rutgers and OkSt and Clemson in.
This is only one game, but the problem is that I’d say the MWC goes 1-4, then the big gets 2 teams to the sweet 16 and none to the FF will things change?

I’ll guess no

Clemson just got eliminated from the NIT by Morehead State.

This is only one game, but the problem is that I’d say the MWC goes 1-4, then the big gets 2 teams to the sweet 16 and none to the FF will things change?

I’ll guess no
Don't be surprised if the MWC goes 0-4 for the second straight year.

I’m sitting out here in Vegas next to a group of guys that have watched a lot of ASU games. They can’t believe it because they say ASU usually looks terrible.

Must be those 2 or 3 guys on ASU that are transfers from Nevada having extra motivation tonight.

Clemson just got eliminated from the NIT by Morehead State.
That let-down could be why North Carolina chose to pass. Success is hard to achieve if the players don't really want to be there.

On the other hand, Morehead State might be good. I didn't watch the game.

Ps. Oklahoma State was the "first team out".... not Rutgers or Clemson.... and is the team with the biggest beef about being left out.
OklatSt is probably feeling fortunate they’re onto the 2nd round of the NIT right now. Losing to Youngstown St all game with YSU looking like the better team, but overtaking YSU late and pulling out the W.

OklatSt is probably feeling fortunate they’re onto the 2nd round of the NIT right now. Losing to Youngstown St all game with YSU looking like the better team, but overtaking YSU late and pulling out the W.
Still better than what Nevada is doing, lol.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
That let-down could be why North Carolina chose to pass. Success is hard to achieve if the players don't really want to be there.

On the other hand, Morehead State might be good. I didn't watch the game.
It was a close game, Clemson had an 8-10 pt lead in the 1st half, Morehead closed the gap and then it was close rest of the way.

Maybe beat South Carolina and Louisville.

Really don't see how anyone has sympathy for bubble teams. They are on the bubble for a reason.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
In that Rutgers Al thread, one of the respondents said “if you don’t want to be marginalized, stay out of the land of the marginal”, or something to that effect. It’s so true. There should be no beefs.

In reality, there’s a case for and against all the bubble teams. I wouldn’t have been shocked if it would have been us.

For me, looking at Nevada’s team sheet, I had them as my predicted team to be left out, and I had Rutgers in. However I never looked at Rutgers team sheet and just assumed they should be in based on what everyone else was saying. Then Monday I looked at their team sheet and it sucked too. But the MWC suck factor is huge.

Pitt (+4) lost to Duke by 234 points in the ACC tournament...schitt happens...odd, you bring up Rutgers as possibly being more worthy but don't go into their after-the-fact loss in the NIT to Hofstra...

Who cares? They can't be perfect, and I want representation from all over instead of trying to micromanage and get the 68 perceived best teams, I DON'T CARE if the 50th best team is left out and the 100th best team gets in.

I do not like to cherry pick these things. I think ASU was on fire and before Nevada knew it they were down by 12, over.

Sagarin had Nevada #89 and Pomeroy had them at #59. NET was an outlier. Not sure why the committee went with them over Rutgers but I agree I can't feel too bad for any bubble teams because they're on the bubble for a reason.

Pitt (+4) lost to Duke by 234 points in the ACC tournament...schitt happens...odd, you bring up Rutgers as possibly being more worthy but don't go into their after-the-fact loss in the NIT to Hofstra...
234?

I don’t remember it being that bad

More like 223

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT