ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate uniform next year?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Seems obvious we are going back to the Gottfried era colors/uniforms next year but anyone think we'll also have alternate uniforms that everyone seems to have? What would you suggest?

I think Pitt has to incorporate black and/or gray/silver in some type of alternate combo. Pitt sells a lot of the royal blue/yellow/black and it looks sharp. You see the coaches wearing these combos also. I would go with black jerseys, blue pants and a gray or silver helmet.

What about a royal blue helmet, yellow jersey, and blue pants?

Should we keep navy and gold alive by using this as an alternate? How about a chrome gold helmet that seems to be in style?

Not next year. Make the royal and yellow flip and let jerseys sell off of that.

Then after about 2 years, come with an alternate forcing people to buy again.

Reactions: Celtsfan
If you saw the wrestling unis this weekend, my guess is black becomes a 3rd alternate color. If done right, this will look awesome in my opinion

Yes black helmet, jersey pants, with yellow logo outlines in blue, same with numbers yellow outlines in blue and pants stripe yellow outlined in the blue.

But if the royal blue pops enough being outlined by yellow go for that.

I think blue as primary and yellow as the stripe color is best only of the royal stands out over the black... I didn't like the black basketball unis with the navy numbers outlines in gold but the lighter colors may work

Seems obvious we are going back to the Gottfried era colors/uniforms next year but anyone think we'll also have alternate uniforms that everyone seems to have? What would you suggest?

I think Pitt has to incorporate black and/or gray/silver in some type of alternate combo. Pitt sells a lot of the royal blue/yellow/black and it looks sharp. You see the coaches wearing these combos also. I would go with black jerseys, blue pants and a gray or silver helmet.

Should we keep navy and gold alive by using this as an alternate? How about a chrome gold helmet that seems to be in style?
That’s a great idea, puts you next in line for a bigly job inside the Ath Dept

What a brilliant brilliant plan...using the schools ACTUAL colors as ALTERNATIVE

I bet right now Nike is lining up all its top clients to make that exact marketing pitch.....

Yes introduce a black uniform, but only wear it maybe once a year. Like a Thursday night home game

That’s a great idea, puts you next in line for a bigly job inside the Ath Dept

What a brilliant brilliant plan...using the schools ACTUAL colors as ALTERNATIVE

I bet right now Nike is lining up all its top clients to make that exact marketing pitch.....

Black jerseys, come out to ac/dc back in Black, call it a blackout.

Use every ‘90’s cliche we can think of. Johnny majors can come back,

Our colors are navy & old gold. Anything else is bad.
And all those nighttime hosts and news readers dress like Jehovah's Witnesses. I fully expect David Muir or Jimmy Fallon to ring my doorbell with the latest Watchtower in his mitts.

Our colors are navy & old gold. Anything else is bad.
And all those nighttime hosts and news readers dress like Jehovah's Witnesses. I fully expect David Muir or Jimmy Fallon to ring my doorbell with the latest Watchtower in his mitts.
But the kids like it

Good NTOP good

A bit warmer down here in GA but we still get some cold days here and there

The "black and white" unis of the nhl all star game kind of have me warming up to the idea of something similar. Before that though...ugh, no

I think Pitt has to incorporate black and/or gray/silver in some type of alternate combo.

I hate the idea. I'm not one of those who is freaking out over the specific shade of blue or gold, but I draw the line at incorporating OTHER colors. Several years ago, my other alma mater started wearing BLACK alternate uniforms, and during this past football season they introduced some GRAY s#!t. WTF??? And so, for the bowl game, they came out in a combination thereof, and looked like refugees from the neighborhood McDonald's. Not the look I want for Pitt.

For the first few seasons after the change they need to stick with the following.

Helmets - Gold as the primary and Blue as the alt.
Jerseys - Blue as the primary home, White as the primary road and Gold as a home or road alt.
Pants - Gold as the primary and Blue as the alt.

Come 2021 or something let Nike make fauxbacks based on the Jock Sutherland era or the 1963 no bowl team.

I hate the idea. I'm not one of those who is freaking out over the specific shade of blue or gold, but I draw the line at incorporating OTHER colors. Several years ago, my other alma mater started wearing BLACK alternate uniforms, and during this past football season they introduced some GRAY s#!t. WTF??? And so, for the bowl game, they came out in a combination thereof, and looked like refugees from the neighborhood McDonald's. Not the look I want for Pitt.
I used to feel similar, but given we are struggling more than ever in recruiting, at this point, any straw that's within the grasp to get some notoriety with kids in a cost efficient way that won't make our chancellor shriek like Ned Flanders, it's worth considering, at some point.

But like others, I also would not immediately consider it, assuming we have all-new full-time throw backs coming this fall. Then again, we haven't actually seen them... we can't assume theyll not be some bastardization of the current ones. We all know what Pitt is capable of...:eek:

I'd kinda like to go at least next season with the new unis before trying to figure out what the next best thing should be.

For the first few seasons after the change they need to stick with the following.

Helmets - Gold as the primary and Blue as the alt.
Jerseys - Blue as the primary home, White as the primary road and Gold as a home or road alt.
Pants - Gold as the primary and Blue as the alt.

Come 2021 or something let Nike make fauxbacks based on the Jock Sutherland era or the 1963 no bowl team.
Ditch the gold jerseys....all of them. I like the blue hats, a lot. And no more white pants.

I don’t want to see a gold jersey either. That would almost certainly look terrible.

I think a black alternate uniform is a virtual certainty and I also think you’ll very likely see an all white uniform combination. I’m not crazy about either one of those ideas but that’s the nature of the game nowadays.

I think blue pants could look pretty good and if done well (matte), a blue helmet might be interesting as well. However, an all royal blue uniform would probably look pretty tacky — like a blueberry.

I don’t want to see a gold jersey either. That would almost certainly look terrible.

I think a black alternate uniform is a virtual certainty and I also think you’ll very likely see an all white uniform combination. I’m not crazy about either one of those ideas but that’s the nature of the game nowadays.

I think blue pants could look pretty good and if done well (matte), a blue helmet might be interesting as well. However, an all royal blue uniform would probably look pretty tacky — like a blueberry.
Blueberry....lol I love it.

The kids will like it with yellow....

Uhhh...we have a matte blue helmet, now. We need 2 hats...2 shirts....2 pants. Got it covered

I oddly want to see what a matte yellow would look like . Didn't Arizona State do this? I know Akron did an Matte Gold, which would have matched our pants perfectly but sadly never got to see a matte or chrome gold lids at Pitt

Bieber is the Nickleback of the Bay City Rollers

You’ll never find a single person who admits to liking any of them
You’re a music guy so I respect your thoughts...even though you’re a Rush guy.

When and how did Nickelback jump the shark? I’m not a fan but when I think of them, I think of their one song as the theme for the WWE attitude era. I kind of imagine Nickelback today the same way as being the same of people looked at Winger in the 90’s, but that was due to Beavis and Buttheads “buddy” Stuart wearing the Winger concert tee.

So what was it for Nickelback?

I like the idea of a yellow gold jersey, but if they do that, don't go all gold. Wear the gold helmets but wear white pants with the primary blue stripe to match the blue numbers and stripe on the helmet with the yellow outline. Just like they did in Syracuse in 15 but with the new colors.

Side note this is my favorite color combo I use on my NCAA 14 with my created Pitt team, this and despite what many say the all white head to toe with the lighter colors really pop nicely as well.

You’re a music guy so I respect your thoughts...even though you’re a Rush guy.

When and how did Nickelback jump the shark? I’m not a fan but when I think of them, I think of their one song as the theme for the WWE attitude era. I kind of imagine Nickelback today the same way as being the same of people looked at Winger in the 90’s, but that was due to Beavis and Buttheads “buddy” Stuart wearing the Winger concert tee.

So what was it for Nickelback?
I made a joke about Nickleback a while back. I have a buddy who is an unashamed fan. He shot back, "they're a dam good group. Check out their cover of 'Sharp Dressed Man' on Youtube". To which I barely resisted the comeback, "That's it? 'Sharp Dressed Man' is your argument for them?

You act like people care about the "actual school colors" it's all about selling more shirts.
Tell that to fans of real programs Michigan , Bama , USC exec and they’d laugh in your face.

They don’t f with ACTUAL colors w every whim of a bunch of ADept flunkies and college kids who basically don’t know shite from shinola

Tell that to fans of real programs Michigan , Bama , USC exec and they’d laugh in your face.

They don’t f with ACTUAL colors w every whim of a bunch of ADept flunkies and college kids who basically don’t know shite from shinola

2013-notre-dame-irish-football-uniforms-675x380.jpg

5791189e866fa.image.jpg

notre-dame-shamrock-series-yankee-pinstripe-uniforms-twitter-reaction.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT