ADVERTISEMENT

Ama Sow Montour

Legit 6’8 215. Stupid stupid athlete long as all get out. Needs to play about 200 basketball games before he should play HM. Cal/Antigua were in town for Pitt HOF ceremony and stopped by.

he is 25 and cal said he has a chance. He’s right. Needs to play a ton of basketball just to learn the game first though

Sounds like a kid who would be best served by getting out of the WPIAL.
Doesn’t know enough basketball to play at any “basketball school”. So fundamentally behind in the basics of basketball, needs to dominate at WPIAL level for 2 years and play a ton of AAU, summer league etc, before he moves to a “basketball school”.

Reactions: pittchagg
Was thinking about it more from the perspective of getting games in. Do any prep schools have the equivalent of JV teams? I know Our Saviour has a national team but then also a few teams that just play regional.

Then again, I don’t even know if one of those schools even plays substantially more games than Montour would.

Was thinking about it more from the perspective of getting games in. Do any prep schools have the equivalent of JV teams? I know Our Saviour has a national team but then also a few teams that just play regional.

Then again, I don’t even know if one of those schools even plays substantially more games than Montour would.
The organization and level that Montour will provide will be sufficient for the next 2 years. Depending on development maybe he should move after that. He’ll play a local AAU schedule most likely next year before going to a circuit team the summer after. That’s if the kid is listening to anyone smart 😉

Reactions: pittchagg
ADVERTISEMENT