ADVERTISEMENT

Amanda West WSOC

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
Out for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus. She is the best player in program history so this likely cooks the rest of this season with the ACC gauntlet upcoming. It sounds like she is planning to return for 2023.

• Wow
Reactions: singregardless
Out for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus. She is the best player in program history so this likely cooks the rest of this season with the ACC gauntlet upcoming. It sounds like she is planning to return for 2023.
Who is Kedon Slovis's girlfriend? Didnt she transfer?

Is a return needed? She’s already a proven high level player, gets time at Canada national camps, and she’s probably one of top 10 best goal scorers in the country. She will be a pro player.

Terrible news. She’s really struggled with injuries.

Is a return needed? She’s already a proven high level player, gets time at Canada national camps, and she’s probably one of top 10 best goal scorers in the country. She will be a pro player.
Couldn't she make more at an SEC school next year than making 20K for the Houston Dash?

Not to go too far down this path - but the pay in womens sports for the average player isn’t great. Lots of NWSL players share apartments to save money. I’d get all the education you can - being a marginal NWSL player might give you paycheck for a few years but it won’t be life-changing.

Not to go too far down this path - but the pay in womens sports for the average player isn’t great. Lots of NWSL players share apartments to save money. I’d get all the education you can - being a marginal NWSL player might give you paycheck for a few years but it won’t be life-changing.
Right I mean how much could she possibly make in NWSL? 30K???

In college, even without NIL, she'd probably make 8K/year in cost of attendance stipend plus free food and free housing. So college is the much better move financially.

Right I mean how much could she possibly make in NWSL? 30K???

In college, even without NIL, she'd probably make 8K/year in cost of attendance stipend plus free food and free housing. So college is the much better move financially.
Maybe she wants to move on to life as a pro. Or maybe she wants to enjoy one final year at Pitt.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Couldn't she make more at an SEC school next year than making 20K for the Houston Dash?
I don’t believe the SEC has a womens soccer league. I know the men don’t. Kentucky plays in the Sun Belt. So does WVU since the B12 also doesn’t have a league.

it might be different for the women because the schools need teams to comply with Title 9. Anyone know for sure?

SEC has a very strong womens conference. If title IX is getting rewritten maybe that changes things and the SEC gets mens soccer.

I don’t believe the SEC has a womens soccer league. I know the men don’t. Kentucky plays in the Sun Belt. So does WVU since the B12 also doesn’t have a league.

it might be different for the women because the schools need teams to comply with Title 9. Anyone know for sure?
When WVU went to the Big12, the men didn’t have a home because the Big12 doesn’t have mens soccer. So the men went to the MAC and have since switched to the Sunbelt. The women play in the Big12.

the SEC is the same. They have woman’s soccer but not mens soccer. It’s a title IX casualty. Remember Abby Wambach famously played at Florida? A couple WPIAL girls are headed to Kentucky as well. As an example, USC women play in the SEC, while the mens team plays in the Sun Belt.

Here’s another nugget, Nikki Izzo Brown, the legend coach at WVU, is a friend of mine along with her husband. Their daughter Sammie commited to Auburn to play soccer. She’s there helping auburn with their team GPA.

Last edited:
When WVU went to the Big12, the men didn’t have a home because the Big12 doesn’t have mens soccer. So the men went to the MAC and have since switched to the Sunbelt. The women play in the Big12.

the SEC is the same. They have woman’s soccer but not mens soccer. It’s a title IX casualty. Remember Abby Wambach famously played at Florida? A couple WPIAL girls are headed to Kentucky as well. As an example, USC women play in the SEC, while the mens team plays in the Sun Belt.

Here’s another nugget, Nikki Izzo Brown, the legend coach at WVU, is a friend of mine along with her husband. Their daughter Sammie commited to Auburn to play soccer. She’s there helping auburn with their team GPA.
This is the first year for Sun Belt Men's Soccer. Its actually the old CUSA soccer league but with teams moving to the Sun Belt in all the other sports, FIU was the lone soccer playing school left. Its 6 Sun Belt schools (Marshall, ODU, JMU, Coastal, GSU, Ga Southern) + 3 P5s (WVU, UK, South Carolina).

With WVU and Georgia Southern moving to the new Sun Belt soccer league, the MAC is down to just 5 teams with one of those being Chicago State, who seems destined to be moving to D3 soon.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

They definitely have a women's league. Rilieigh McHugh transferred in from Georgia about 10 years back (she was originally from Eastern PA).

There are over 350 schools that sponsor D1 Women’s soccer. I believe only mens and Women’s basketball have more competing programs. The only major conference school that I can think of that does not have WSOC is Georgia Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT