ADVERTISEMENT

Annual Uniforms Discussion

Oct 25, 2021
Are we really pushing the white helmets this year? I've seen the pictures for three recruiting articles now, which had photos of kids dressed in uniforms on their Pitt officials:

White pants-blue jersey-white helmet - Didn't look bad, although it seemed a little off with the jersey number being yellow (felt like it would look better if it was white).

Blue pants-blue jersey-white helmet - Seemed okay. Not exactly Pitt-esque, but not bad.

Then the other kid looked like he was wearing all white (couldn't see the pants).

I'm pro alternate uniforms, as long as they don't get too crazy, but I do wish we had a helmet with the panther head on it. The all whites last season looked really bad on TV (in my opinion), so I'm hoping they can those. Blue pants-white jersey-white helmet would look a little better, in my opinion (although, again, it wouldn't really feel Pitt-esque).

Last edited:
We spent years waiting to get these colors and uniforms (aside from the font) back and Pitt has top-5 uniforms in all of college football now. Any time they wear something that isn't gold pants and white/blue jersey is a big downgrade.

We spent years waiting to get these colors and uniforms (aside from the font) back and Pitt has top-5 uniforms in all of college football now. Any time they wear something that isn't gold pants and white/blue jersey is a big downgrade.
The truth!!!!!

Reactions: Burgh15

I'm back and forth on this. On one hand, I think that's why 90% of NFL uniforms don't suck: they found something that works and just stuck with it.

On the other hand, I kind of enjoyed the "Friday Uniform Reveal" days and the mixing and matching. I'd much rather have a blue matte helmet with a panther head than a white helmet with the script, but I digress.

I'm cool with alternates. Kids like them and it's kind of a thing now but let's do the regular uniforms for big TV games. It's such a unique and iconic look that it should be shown off on the big stage

On one condition: if the scoreboard looks like it did at halftime in South Bend last season, we switch over to red uniforms that say "Rutgers" in the locker room. I don't want to be in our most recognizable threads on those days. That was the one good thing about the 2020 Notre Dame loss... everyone thinks that was an XFL team.

• Haha
Reactions: pittdan77
Are we really pushing the white helmets this year? I've seen the pictures for three recruiting articles now, which had photos of kids dressed in uniforms on their Pitt officials:

White pants-blue jersey-white helmet - Didn't look bad, although it seemed a little off with the jersey number being yellow (felt like it would look better if it was white).

Blue pants-blue jersey-blue helmet - Seemed okay. Not exactly Pitt-esque, but not bad.

Then the other kid looked like he was wearing all white (couldn't see the pants).

I'm pro alternate uniforms, as long as they don't get too crazy, but I do wish we had a helmet with the panther head on it. The all whites last season looked really bad on TV (in my opinion), so I'm hoping they can those. Blue pants-white jersey-white helmet would look a little better, in my opinion (although, again, it wouldn't really feel Pitt-esque).
I like the yellow numbers because that distinguishes us from another team in state.

Reactions: DruidTM
It should be ONE alternate per year. That's it. EVERY SINGLE OTHER TIME IT SHOULD BE THE REGULAR UNIFORMS. But at this point I've grown apathetic. They forced crap unis on fans for over 20 years and lost the chance to continue establish that brand. Now with the big conference gobbling up all the money it's not going to matter.

Reactions: Conemaugh
I like the yellow numbers because that distinguishes us from another team in state.

I'm not sure what you mean. Clarion also has gold numbers.

roby_cropped.jpg

The best uniforms
Which are? The late nineties version? If that is what you are referring to I think they were good at the time. I understand the rebrand (uniform change) and why it was done after years of poor play ..... and it worked thanks to Walt. There is no way though that I can say in terms of a uniform only.... that the navy and vegas gold dinocat uniforms hold a candle to the current. They just look like Pitt and are identifiable to everyone who watches.

Best Pitt alternate uniform (sarcasm): Wonder what the modern day version of this would look like? Heck, might as well make the unis orange with a big block P on the helmet....that identifies us....
Blades-Palko-M-G-3699.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT