ADVERTISEMENT

Another Big Baseball Win Tonight

The first game was not so good, the second one was really good.

The first game ended 10-6, but the game wasn't that close. At the end of the 8th it was 5-0 and Pitt had two hits. The Carolina pitcher had retired 18 batters in a row. Carolina scored 5 in the 9th to make it 10-0. They brought in a reliever to pitch the 9th, and he gave up a walk and a homer so they took him out. The next guy walked three guys in a row at one point and it got to 10-6 with one out and a runner on second. But then just as you started thinking that maybe Pitt had a chance two ground outs ended the rally.

In the second game Pitt had a 2-1 lead in the 7th when their fielding let them down. They committed two errors on what should have been easy plays. That got Carolina two unearned runs to make it 3-2. But Pitt came right back with three in the bottom of the 7th when O'Farrell hit a double with the bases loaded. The third runner was called out at home, but the call was overturned on replay. A two run homer in the 8th made the final margin of victory 7-3.

Speaking of replays, how is it that Pitt has a video board scoreboard like they do and yet it appears that they don't have the ability to actually show replays on the board? I don't know what all the capabilities of that board are, but it seems seriously underused to me.

The first game was not so good, the second one was really good.

The first game ended 10-6, but the game wasn't that close. At the end of the 8th it was 5-0 and Pitt had two hits. The Carolina pitcher had retired 18 batters in a row. Carolina scored 5 in the 9th to make it 10-0. They brought in a reliever to pitch the 9th, and he gave up a walk and a homer so they took him out. The next guy walked three guys in a row at one point and it got to 10-6 with one out and a runner on second. But then just as you started thinking that maybe Pitt had a chance two ground outs ended the rally.

In the second game Pitt had a 2-1 lead in the 7th when their fielding let them down. They committed two errors on what should have been easy plays. That got Carolina two unearned runs to make it 3-2. But Pitt came right back with three in the bottom of the 7th when O'Farrell hit a double with the bases loaded. The third runner was called out at home, but the call was overturned on replay. A two run homer in the 8th made the final margin of victory 7-3.

Speaking of replays, how is it that Pitt has a video board scoreboard like they do and yet it appears that they don't have the ability to actually show replays on the board? I don't know what all the capabilities of that board are, but it seems seriously underused to me.

I'm hoping now that they are getting close to go live with the acc network they will be able to show replays etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT