ADVERTISEMENT

Another Heinz Field/Acrisure fan death

Do you think the name of the band had anything to do with it, or just listening to their music for 2 hours?
More likely the things ingested had something to do with it. Thats why I only go see dead and co at amphitheaters. They had a death last year at Citi Field as well falling from the upper deck

And 2 hours barely gets you to the intermission for a dead show.

You can ban tailgating by not opening the lots early. I know, I know, its fun and its a tradition. But drunkenness is a problem at NFL games. Personally, I wouldn't go to that extreme but I'd do what the EPL does and only allow alcohol consumption in the concourse areas. That will limit excessive purchases I believe
Didn't help in Indonesia.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
I walk straight to my seat totally sober every game for the last 20 some years. I guess I'm the exception.
That's great, personally, I find it to be not worth going if I'm not meeting up with friends and having a party. It will be interesting to see how many people like you there are if they ever ban tailgating?

That's great, personally, I find it to be not worth going if I'm not meeting up with friends and having a party. It will be interesting to see how many people like you there are if they ever ban tailgating?
Oh, I enjoy the occasional tailgate when my college buddies all come into town for a game. I just don't need it to have a good experience.

Tailgating in America is like apple pie. It'll never go away, and that's as it should be.

Oh, I enjoy the occasional tailgate when my college buddies all come into town for a game. I just don't need it to have a good experience.

Tailgating in America is like apple pie. It'll never go away, and that's as it should be.
I don't know about that? The way that this country is going I could see it going away, gotta be perfect, can't have anyone drunk, can't have anyone cursing, someone might get hurt, maybe every 20 years one person might die, need to stop it all for your safety! I'm just glad I grew up in the 60s-70s, that is the way I want the world to be, what it was then. And a lot of the people I know, whether it's Pitt or the Steelers, their fall season revolves around those tailgates, more than the games, they are down there 3-4 hours before kickoff, cooking, drinking, having fun, I can see those people being upset at the idea of being expected to go to the game without their party.

I don't know about that? The way that this country is going I could see it going away, gotta be perfect, can't have anyone drunk, can't have anyone cursing, someone might get hurt, maybe every 20 years one person might die, need to stop it all for your safety! I'm just glad I grew up in the 60s-70s, that is the way I want the world to be, what it was then. And a lot of the people I know, whether it's Pitt or the Steelers, their fall season revolves around those tailgates, more than the games, they are down there 3-4 hours before kickoff, cooking, drinking, having fun, I can see those people being upset at the idea of being expected to go to the game without their party.
1960s and 1970s. It's okay to drink and drive, and wearing a seal belt is discouraged.

Good times.

Reactions: Pitt79

There is absolutely zero chance, nada, nil, that tailgating would ever be banned at a place like ole Miss. The only reason there is less space here for tailgating is because there is more money in development than parking lots, not some sense of civic duty.

More likely the things ingested had something to do with it. Thats why I only go see dead and co at amphitheaters. They had a death last year at Citi Field as well falling from the upper deck

And 2 hours barely gets you to the intermission for a dead show.
Geez, how many Americans fall from upper decks? Its so easy to go to an event and not fall off an upper deck.

Had Stiller tix for 40 years. Escalators were always jammed…..to the point that they made me nervous to look at them. We always took the ramp.
I can see why someone could get hurt, or die. Especially after the game when everyone is in a hurry to get out.
I always had 2 beers at the game, but damn they were expensive. Saw a lot of drunks and fights, glad those days are over.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
There’s nothing more talked about than yinzers talking about their strategy on exiting the stadium and beating traffic on gameday. Family had season tix to Steelers and it was a running joke every week. Multiple section neighbors would literally talk about it every game.

And I was there for it. I absolutely loved it and made us cry with laughter 😂!

Yinzers got places to go (ie. Home)!

There’s nothing more talked about than yinzers talking about their strategy on exiting the stadium and beating traffic on gameday. Family had season tix to Steelers and it was a running joke every week. Multiple section neighbors would literally talk about it every game.

unless you are a fellow yinzer, you dont have the right to joke about this. now go back to drinking beer in a hospital parking lot and leave us alone

If we still had our surface parking and able to tailgate, we would have still been going to all of the games, for sure, there would not even be a question.

But with tailgating largely gone (given that the few available surface spots are mostly out of reach), we find it’s easier every year to make excuses for not going. None of my group went to the last two games (citing the awful opponents in both cases, as well as the original expectation for driving rain storms this past Saturday, which ultimately never materialized but sounded inevitable up through Sat afternoon).

Nobody has definitively committed to going the next game either, with only three days to go. That was unheard of when we were able to tailgate.

It’s nobody’s fault that tailgating is largely gone, everyone knew it would happen. Mazel Tov to those who don’t need it in order to
enjoy the experience. My group does. In fact this is weighting:

1. Tailgate? (permanent No)
2. State of our team? (Dubious and dropping fast)
3. Legit opponent? (Not the past two weeks)
4. Weather?
5. Family crap

not just sports, I've seen yinzers run for the exits at Heinz Hall before the show is over

• Haha
Reactions: WVUinColumbus
There must be a bunch of yinzers living in every city in America, because that is not unique to Pittsburgh.
This is very correct
Some people rather miss part of the game to avoid it taking 30 minutes just to get out of the parking lot .
I always made fun of those people - but after the wvu game and even worse getting moved to green lot for Tennessee - I started realizing they aren’t crazy after all

unless you are a fellow yinzer, you dont have the right to joke about this. now go back to drinking beer in a hospital parking lot and leave us alone
It always amazed me how they would shut down their hospital on game day. If there was a Thursday night game, no clinics nor surgery cases were booked from midday. That's an expensive day for the hospital and Med School practice plan (and the medical staff get bonuses or pay cuts based on their throughput). I always thought that the Athletic Department should have been subsidizing that.

It always amazed me how they would shut down their hospital on game day. If there was a Thursday night game, no clinics nor surgery cases were booked from midday. That's an expensive day for the hospital and Med School practice plan (and the medical staff get bonuses or pay cuts based on their throughput). I always thought that the Athletic Department should have been subsidizing that.
#itaintpitt

Priorities, man!

Grandma can wait.

And yet Pitt will have their own stadium eventually. Might be 30 years from now but eventually they'll have one unless the Steelers build a new stadium which downsizes easily
Show me somewhere where Pitt has expressed any interest in downsizing for any reason.

Just because you want that, and repeat it ad nauseam, doesn’t mean Pitt does.

Show me somewhere where Pitt has expressed any interest in downsizing for any reason.

Just because you want that, and repeat it ad nauseam, doesn’t mean Pitt does.
They closed the upper deck endzone about 10 years ago but the 14 people who have season tickets up there complained so they canceled the idea.

If the Steelers did build a new stadium, I would hope its a Jerry World type where they wheel in a different field for Pitt and that has downsizing technology where they press a button and the upper deck gets "walled off" like Atlanta United.

This isn't a yinzer things. Many old people get let this "becoming your parents". Haven't you seen the Progressive commercials?

This isn't a yinzer things. Many old people get let this "becoming your parents". Haven't you seen the Progressive commercials?
id say leaving early is an older generation thing but you only have to look at our student section to see it's not a generation thing. pitt had to bribe them with free pop and chips to not leave after the 3rd quarter lol

id say leaving early is an older generation thing but you only have to look at our student section to see it's not a generation thing. pitt had to bribe them with free pop and chips to not leave after the 3rd quarter lol
My son looked at the student section in the 2nd Half and said "where did the students go?" There were only about 200-300 that remained after halftime. I mean, ok, it rained through the 1st Quarter (didnt rain after that) so they were a little wet. To be fair, they haven't left at those levels in quite some time, probably why he was surprised when he looked over and noticed the students left.

They closed the upper deck endzone about 10 years ago but the 14 people who have season tickets up there complained so they canceled the idea.
Nobody cares about this downsizing CRAP other than you. It's fine the way it is, whoever comes, comes 30K or 60K whatever it looks like on TV? F it! Who cares?

ADVERTISEMENT