ADVERTISEMENT

Another New Player - 6'9" F - Kenechukwu Chukwuka

He sounds almost identical to Tyrone Haughton. Hopefully, this is just a 1 year tryout.

He has 3 years eligibility. I hate to say that I hope stallings recruits over these guys after one season, but if he doesn't, this could get ugly

He has 3 years eligibility. I hate to say that I hope stallings recruits over these guys after one season, but if he doesn't, this could get ugly

If you are 6-8 or 6-9 and shoot the 3-ball very well you can be useful if they teach you to play some decent defense and set screens for you on offense. But, no one knows if he really is capable of shooting the 3-ball well or if he just "chucks it up" a lot.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the pun!

Reactions: heybandguy
His stats and offers?

We're really no better than the teams that offered him, beggars who suck so bad, can't be choosers. Still he's what we have, we have to give him a chance and not plan before his first year that we will cut him asap.

Why speculate when no ones seen him play . Give these guys a chance and if if they're good isn't that good for Pitt bb and if they're bad it will hasten a change in coaches . That should satisfy everyone !

Wow! I thought I was the negative pessimist! LOL :)
Nah 79, I'm not negative toward the kid, that was in response to Sean Millers post. He might turn out to be a star, who knows.

So-
To recap you ask how we presume he's no good.
You concede my answer as valid
Because sometimes players at the mid majors are good players, you can't just assume they all suck.

He was not even a good JUCO player. He was only good enough to play 15 MPG and score 3 PPG. This is an NEC/D2 level recruit. Hopefully he's just brought in as a 1 year practice/emergency player.

He was not even a good JUCO player. He was only good enough to play 15 MPG and score 3 PPG. This is an NEC/D2 level recruit. Hopefully he's just brought in as a 1 year practice/emergency player.
Right now we're an NEC/D2 level program. I bet we couldn't win the NEC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT