Anthony Walker

PittCity

Freshman
Mar 9, 2018
any news besides he was at the game ?

i saw Capel too...........
glad to see him at the football game.

“The visit wasn’t a waste of time”

Not the most inspiring quote but I’m hoping we’re still in good shape here. Looking at the rest of his list, Miami is the only school the scares me but they seem focused on guards at the moment. URI just got a top 100 PF last year, so I’m not sure how they’re selling big minutes available to Walker

He said, he didn't want the campus to be too big.
Then in his 1st statement about Pitt he said the campus, was huge.
I didn't like the way that sounded.

He said, he didn't want the campus to be too big.
Then in his 1st statement about Pitt he said the campus, was huge.
I didn't like the way that sounded.

Then, the good news is that that sentiment should eliminate a lot of places since many schools have campuses that dwarf the Pitt campus.

Reactions: Drew1208
Was there once myself for an engineering conference and I recall that it wasn't a campus that would impress many people. It reminded me of a residential neighborhood occaisionally interspersed with typical functional university buildings.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't much about campuses, I've been to very little.
I just didn't like the way that sounded, given the context of his sentences.

It is generally not worth reading anything into a potential recruits comments after a school visit in any event. The only comment worth paying attention to is if they say they are committing.

For a Top 75 player, you could not ask for a less impressive group of finalists. Miami is the scariest due to their cheating, location, and recent success. Illinois is a crap Big Ten program and while VCU and Rhody are good programs, both are in the A10. Jamie lost a ton of players to the A10s and mid-majors but I just cant see Capel losing out to such schools.

Also, from the photo, it appears Walker may be a short shorts player. That's the latest trend for adult males and it has crossed over to basketball. I expect there to be a growing number of players wearing Stockton shorts this year. Cant believe we have to go back to that horrid look

For a Top 75 player, you could not ask for a less impressive group of finalists. Miami is the scariest due to their cheating, location, and recent success. Illinois is a crap Big Ten program and while VCU and Rhody are good programs, both are in the A10. Jamie lost a ton of players to the A10s and mid-majors but I just cant see Capel losing out to such schools.

Also, from the photo, it appears Walker may be a short shorts player. That's the latest trend for adult males and it has crossed over to basketball. I expect there to be a growing number of players wearing Stockton shorts this year. Cant believe we have to go back to that horrid look
Short shorts look as odd today as the long shorts looked 30 years ago.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Short shorts look as odd today as the long shorts looked 30 years ago.

Shorts shouldn't be going halfway to your ankles but its a better look than halfway up your thigh. Maybe I am in the minority but its going to be hard for me watching these guys playing in nut huggers. I hope the ACC institutes a uniform code. Shorts have to reach at least 1 inch above the knee

Miami is kinda easy to see why someone wants to go there. Ive been to that campus a few times, and its awesome, sun, palm trees, babes.

The other 3 though, yeah, we should win out to them based on campus, coolness and all that... but if the kid says he wants a tiny campus, then maybe he will pick URI or VCU. Ive been to Rhode Island, its not the best either, the state as a whole is run down from years of mafia pilfering and government side deals, and the university is no different, plus RI students are basically considered community college attendees since Brown is nearby. They do have an amazing donut shop near campus though lol.

Was there once myself for an engineering conference and I recall that it wasn't a campus that would impress many people. It reminded me of a residential neighborhood occaisionally interspersed with typical functional university buildings.

Its like a wannabe hood looking town to be honest, champaign. The outskirts are yuppyish and more nice college town, but near the university is not at all.

Damn! Thanks. I saw that and saw him in a URI jersey and the word committed in the tweet and obviously didn't reed 2 good.
]

Whew! I thought you had some inside info.

As an aside - it appears that he has used #notcommited after ever visit except the Pitt one. Take from that what you will.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Slater is one of the better guys over there, so this is concerning.
The only hope here is that it comes off his official I think. Maybe a few days and the new car smell wears off...no pun intended, but I've also heard others talk on the pay board that Walker was keeping us around as a gesture to Capel, whatever that means.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Shorts shouldn't be going halfway to your ankles but its a better look than halfway up your thigh. Maybe I am in the minority but its going to be hard for me watching these guys playing in nut huggers. I hope the ACC institutes a uniform code. Shorts have to reach at least 1 inch above the knee

Some people have legs worth showing off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT