ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on Groat’s replacement?

Andrew Fullabaloni
CNMLDWWVAAAwlBp.jpg

how about a non pitt guy, someone from a different market (NOT PSU or Syracuse) either. Someone that has done college basketball games that isn't a buffoon..

I know, pretty crazy idea but it may just work..

how about a non pitt guy, someone from a different market (NOT PSU or Syracuse) either. Someone that has done college basketball games that isn't a buffoon..

I’m with you on this. It’s non-traditional, but why does it have to be a former Pitt player? Hell, Groat wasn’t but he was an excellent choice when hired. How about a national media type like Mike DeCourcy? He does TV for BTN now and is a Pittsburgh guy knows basketball.

Time to put hilgrove out to pasture as well

Yeah, and King would be an ideal replacement. I was hoping the Bucs would use him instead of Block. I hope its not the news guy from 93.7 who has done Pitt games from time to time. Jeff Hawthorne I believe.

I happen to think JP is really good. No need to go outside when we have someone here already. The color guy should bring color. JP does that in a refreshing way. Curtis Aiken does not IMO.

But if I had to guess, it will be just a tandem of Aiken and Hillgrove, and for me that sucks.

I hope Rob King is next in line for Hillgroves job.

I happen to think JP is really good. No need to go outside when we have someone here already. The color guy should bring color. JP does that in a refreshing way. Curtis Aiken does not IMO.

But if I had to guess, it will be just a tandem of Aiken and Hillgrove, and for me that sucks.

JP is great on pre game. Guy just talks about players, is honest in a way that he has nothing to lose. Doesn’t bash them but will say with zero hesitancy what someone’s weakness is.

He comes off as a guy that you’d love to sit down and have a beer with and talk college hoops with cause he’d have a good perspective.

So yeah, maybe he would be a good color guy.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

There are worse choices, but Rob is a better studio host than play-by-play announcer. He lacks charisma for that position. Personally, when it comes to PxP hopefully they open it up nationwide and find a good, young voice who is actually working on the play-by-play craft.

Reactions: Pitt MD
JP is great on pre game. Guy just talks about players, is honest in a way that he has nothing to lose. Doesn’t bash them but will say with zero hesitancy what someone’s weakness is.

He comes off as a guy that you’d love to sit down and have a beer with and talk college hoops with cause he’d have a good perspective.

So yeah, maybe he would be a good color guy.

He's did a number of tv games last year, he's already a very good color analyst, he's knowledgeable and has great charisma. Very fun to watch and listen to on top of giving you some information.

I think SMF has the opposite problem. Walton is stoned 24/7, whereas SMF desperately needs to take a hit or two.

I have been trying to talk FK into co-hosting a Podcast focusing on Pitt basketball, soccer, and politics. It would be the highest rated of such podcasts on the world wide web.

I have been trying to talk FK into co-hosting a Podcast focusing on Pitt basketball, soccer, and politics. It would be the highest rated of such podcasts on the world wide web.
2 out 3 ain't bad. (Meat Loaf) Soccer....better than Ambien.

ADVERTISEMENT