ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else hear about Tiquan Underwood talking with Syracuse?

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
I got a text tonight from a buddy who’s a Syracuse alum. He claims that Pitt WR Coach Tiquan Underwood is “in discussions” to join new head coach Fran Brown’s staff. He couldn’t clarify whether any coordinator titles would be involved, so I’m assuming it’d be for the WR position.

I know there’s posters much more connected than me on here, so I’m wondering if there’s any legs to this?

Reactions: bwh05
I got a text tonight from a buddy who’s a Syracuse alum. He claims that Pitt WR Coach Tiquan Underwood is “in discussions” to join new head coach Fran Brown’s staff. He couldn’t clarify whether any coordinator titles would be involved, so I’m assuming it’d be for the WR position.

I know there’s posters much more connected than me on here, so I’m wondering if there’s any legs to this?

Don't get our hopes up

If we get the Georgia pair, the coach over WRs is the apparent subtraction.

Reactions: PITT 76

Good - please take that bum away !

Underwood following Cade Bell.

Bell would coach QBs, Underwood could stay as wr coach.

Cade Bell, Willy Korn, Streeter and McClendon all in the mix for OC?

Looks like this ended up being accurate, but Underwood turned it down (confirmed by him). He will remain at Pitt.

Since when does an OC hire staff? He may have input, but the HC hires the assistants. They work for the HC, not the OC.
The OC should get a significant say in who the position coaches are. Narduzzi isn’t very good at this offense thing. He should leave all offensive decisions to his coordinator. Plus, Underwood isn’t all that great.

So, the new OC doesn’t get to select who his position coaches are? He’s stuck with the garbage Narduzzi picks? No wonder it’s taking so long, who would sign up for that?

The OC should get a significant say in who the position coaches are. Narduzzi isn’t very good at this offense thing. He should leave all offensive decisions to his coordinator. Plus, Underwood isn’t all that great.
Any staff turnover will happen after the early signing period. That may or may not include underwood. Yinz don’t pay too much attention out in Natrona Heights huh?

i think this was a done deal a month+ ago, after the notre dame game. Just something i heard, could be wrong..

Hoping the new OC cleans house and brings in some closers who can also coach.

OC process very far along. Finalists most likely already have spoken with Underwood.
If a bad fit he would have left.
If anything, a potential OC will be more worried about the HC and his philosophy more than a position coach, outside of maybe an OL coach since blocking schemes are pretty important.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
A HC has to balance out his staff. A right combination of teachers and recruiters at various positions.

OCs are more “teach my system” oriented, and will frequently target that in position coaches.

You can’t let that happen if you’re a HC. Maybe listen to input, but you pick the staff. Chaney and Pittman were frequently seen as a package deal for a while. But there aren’t a lot of OC-position coaches are viewed as being one item, because HCs make the choices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT