ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else pick up

I get Phil Steele when it comes out.

And order Pick Six Preview.

Steele is still the most informative in terms of depth charts and such.

I’d say some of the guys like Connelly and Pick Six have surpassed them in their analytics and the accuracy that comes with it.

But they all do that because Steele pioneered it, and they grew up reading Steele.

The 2024 college footballyearbooks? Looks like lindys and athlon still publish. .
Unless the cover was a sole Pitt player then I would never buy it...I miss the old "Inside Panther Sports" ...I think the only Phil Steel I have was Fitz on the cover. But I am sure I may have missed a lot more. All those mags were State Penn first with blurbs about Pitt and WVU.

Unless the cover was a sole Pitt player then I would never buy it...I miss the old "Inside Panther Sports" ...I think the only Phil Steel I have was Fitz on the cover. But I am sure I may have missed a lot more. All those mags were State Penn first with blurbs about Pitt and WVU.
Steel does do about as much work as possible with Pitt considering he has to cover every single program.

I know for sure he's had a 1 on 1 with Narduzzi every Summer for years now. So we can gripe that we don't get as much coverage as PSU and that's probably both true and objectively the right decision based on the college football market but Phil definitely puts in the hours to portray Pitt fairly and accurately to the football public at large.

Steele’s magazines aren’t geared to any fan base.
It’s not like he writes articles on players or coaches.

The only thing tailored to any fan base is the cover art, which is based on the market foot print of that store.

Then he goes straight into rankings and certain analytic discussions (like teams that had good or bad turnover luck). And then he goes back into rankings and doesn’t stop until he reaches the last page.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT