ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know anything about what's going on at "The O" site?

I'll be pumped if they can figure out how to stop the water from pooling in the bathroom!

Seriously, I just hope it's not some plain fast food type franchise
You mean you won't be excited when a Chipotle or Blaze pizza moves in there?

Love it or hate it the Dirty O was a Pitt institution. My dad took me there as a little kid when I went to my first Pitt game--Pitt vs Temple in 1980. I remember it well. Sucks when a community loses those kinds of places.

Pittsburgh Regional Bike Lane Strategy Center

Storage Facility for Christopher Columbus Statues.

WVU Medical Center Urgent Care
Location ( they are expanding as you know )

I
This iconic location will be will be the new world headquarters for *SMF Predictions, LLC*
It'll have Stubhub gear, flags with "DJIA 6000" and a check to the Panther Club for $1.00, signed with a big "X"

Reactions: FireballZ
It had a short life in Oakland, but Miami Subs was an underrated chain. The subs were pretty good in an era before we had Jersey Mike's, Firehouse, etc. all over the place. And when the college dollars dried up, they had some special like 2 cheeseburgers for $3 or something, got me through till payday many times. I don't really eat chain fast food now, but for a college kid, it was solid.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Some of you guys complain about political threads have nothing to do with Pitt football, and Chris deletes most of them, what in the world does the O have to do with Pitt football or just pick and choose what gets deleted or not

Some of you guys complain about political threads have nothing to do with Pitt football, and Chris deletes most of them, what in the world does the O have to do with Pitt football or just pick and choose what gets deleted or not
The “O” is as much Pitt football and basketball as anything out there. I cannot count how often I went to the O before football and basketball games.

It had a short life in Oakland, but Miami Subs was an underrated chain. The subs were pretty good in an era before we had Jersey Mike's, Firehouse, etc. all over the place. And when the college dollars dried up, they had some special like 2 cheeseburgers for $3 or something, got me through till payday many times. I don't really eat chain fast food now, but for a college kid, it was solid.
Miami Subs’ sneaky cheap burgers were an awesome find in my college days. Loved them.

This iconic location will be will be the new world headquarters for *SMF Predictions, LLC*

Also will be where I will airing my podcast and possibly TV show from. Im thinking of having a live audience outside the window on Forbes kinda like The Today's Show.

Original Hot Dog stand.. A campus icon since at least the 1960s.
The best hot dogs any where are up in new castle by far, the O is not even close, 7 or 8 different places up there. 2 Coney Island places up there, goes way back Brighton hotdogs opened a restaurant in new castle, lasted 1 month and gone

Last edited:
The best hot dogs any where are up in new castle by far, the O is not even close, 7 or 8 different places up there. 2 Coney Island places up there, goes way back Brighton hotdogs opened a restaurant in new castle, lasted 1 month and gone
New Castle not what it once was. Sadly, the downtown Coney closed. You can't find a traditional dog stand in downtown NC. Want a quick dog have to go to Speedway. Surrounding NC, still have Coney and several Bill's. Even PO Lunch closed. I heard you can get a PO Lunch dog at the place that recently opened at it's location. A place run by Lindy Laurel's daughter. Lindy was the well regarded NC football coach.

New Castle not what it once was. Sadly, the downtown Coney closed. You can't find a traditional dog stand in downtown NC. Want a quick dog have to go to Speedway. Surrounding NC, still have Coney and several Bill's. Even PO Lunch closed. I heard you can get a PO Lunch dog at the place that recently opened at it's location. A place run by Lindy Laurel's daughter. Lindy was the well regarded NC football coach.
It’s all about the new castle chili company

Miami Subs’ sneaky cheap burgers were an awesome find in my college days. Loved them.
First place I ever ate at on campus, after walking out of Towers.

If I remember correctly, their burgers were flame broiled and reminded me of Burger King.

Reactions: JoseLind13
Heard people saying that it may become the new site of the Triangle Bar/Sub Shop. Hope they were right because it is closer to home.

If they're just renovating and there's a chance of renting it, a group of us should invest and start a "O" clone and just rename it for legal purposes. Maybe something like:
- Wanny's Revenge & fish sammiches
- Ditka's Dogs
- Graham's grab n go...

ADVERTISEMENT