ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching the WVU - VT game?

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
So that's what defense should look like. No RB's or wideouts running alone down the field or sideline without a defender within 20 yards. Huh. I guess WVU and Va Tech can develop a scheme and then get players to execute it. Pitt? Not so much. Worst in the NCAA.

I don't know. Some team might get to 40 points. I have seen lots of deep passes completed

Wow, unreal. Somewhere PAC man is telling a group of friends how he would've loved to play for holgy.

I've been watching a bit of it. What I have noticed is that my co-worker's campaign to get the Heisman Trophy for QB Will Greer is taking a few lumps.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
So that's what defense should look like. No RB's or wideouts running alone down the field or sideline without a defender within 20 yards. Huh. I guess WVU and Va Tech can develop a scheme and then get players to execute it. Pitt? Not so much. Worst in the NCAA.

"Worst in the NCAA" SMH....

Not sure what game you are watching, but there have been a bunch of blown coverages with guys wide open.

Reactions: PHATWOOD
Another huge play. Yeah... Best to wait for games to end before posting this stuff. Great game though. Cool to see VT and WVU playing.

That first half was brutal. Who needs Ambien?

But then I see QBs who are Florida rejects that havent played in 2 freakin years toss 67 yard touchdown passes and begin to dream wistfully.....

LMAO! People watch a few quarters, come on these board and act like they are so smart and belittle Pitt, then end up looking and sounding real stupid. Yeah great defense.

What is real funny is that when people say Pitts defense is inexperience or the last coach neglected the defense, people come on here and its excuses. But like Im about to say, that both of these defenses are leaving WRs open all over the place, people will say, but these are 2 good teams. That is nothing but an excuse. There are only.a few teams that play great defense.

Pitts defense this year is just too young. They are going to need some games to get better. Now if they are not showing improvement the more games they play, then its time to say they are bad. But after 1 effing game?

Reactions: DiehardPanther
WV defense is mediocre up front and has little depth, inexperienced CB, and take a ton of chances. They do have speed and play aggressive.

Reactions: TD_istheman
They play like us in the backfield , clueless at times , don't look at the ball , make dumb penalties, and do it over and over again

Seriously. You think they'll be available? I took that into consideration. Shees. Kid has a pro release.

Seriously. You think they'll be available? I took that into consideration. Shees. Kid has a pro release.
If you think he has the potential to be a good starting QB in the NFL, then this board has reached a new level of donkness.

Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson - Those are the 4 that have legit potential.

Last edited:
Greer = Drew in my mind. Love for him to replace Ben.
He has some talent, not a big kid by any means and that probably means he won't ever be a high pick in the NFL. Moves pretty well. Solid arm. Thing I noticed is he seems to struggle throwing if he has to move his feet, which is a bit surprising since he seems pretty athletic.

Kid can't throw a ball above a 15 degree trajectory, and has a milineal version of duck dynasty for a family.
Side note, id take him over Browne in a heart beat, and he is a good fit at wvu, but he isn't an NFL QB.

Kid can't throw a ball above a 15 degree trajectory, and has a milineal version of duck dynasty for a family.
Side note, id take him over Browne in a heart beat, and he is a good fit at wvu, but he isn't an NFL QB.
I would also add his wife is smoking hot.

Yeah I hate to say this, but it was refreshing seeing both of those QB's go back and forth last night vs. Browne on Saturday. We'll see though just how different it'll be for him against "real competition" and no more "vanilla offense" just about all the rest of the way though.

grier-1-718x490.jpg

She looks like one of those myriad Fox News hotties who are "Republican Party Consultants". The one I'm thinking of (man, am I thinking of her, too) has redder hair though ... and a bit of an odd eye-crossing thing going .... but, man...

And before somebody starts to ran against me for noting that, CNN and the umpteen NBC cable channels are just as bullsh*t and biased as Fox, but to appeal to their own base, they use uglier anchors, so they don't get any air time with me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT