ADVERTISEMENT

Article regarding UNCs reaction to realignment

Its about money, which, in a nutshell, who has more fans and potential fans. VT is the most popular football program in a state of 8.5 million people and has been significantly better than Pitt in football, on the average, for the last 25 years. Pitt is in a metro area of around 2 million people. Not everyone in SW PA is a Pitt fan. Not everyone in VA is a VT fan. But 8.5 million beats 2 million. The Pitt over VT for the Big Ten is as asinine discussion. Not even my harshest critics would disagree that VT gets the invite over Pitt. You are literally the only one. Yea, Pitt/PSU draws interest but that's one game. Pitt/OSU isnt any different than OSU vs Whoever from a national standpoint. And we didn't even discuss the importance of Big Ten recruiting in the talent rich area of Eastern Virginia, where VT is the most popular team.

I was being a little sarcastic with the Coastal Carolina comment. Pitt could possibly get in over Coastal Carolina but I wouldn't guarantee it. That isnt a slight on Pitt. The Big Ten simply isnt taking a duplicate market. And PSU and OSU wont allow a Big Ten team in THEIR recruiting area.

If Pitt gets in a P2 league, it would be the SEC and I have said before if they expand to 24, Pitt has an outside shot.
Your argument is flawed and transparent

1. "VT is the most popular football program in a state of 8.5 million people" - Opinion unless you can back it up with stats and links.

2. "The Pitt over VT for the Big Ten is as asinine discussion. Not even my harshest critics would disagree that VT gets the invite over Pitt." OPINION not fact...You have nothing to back this up except more opinions

3. "Pitt could possibly get in over Coastal Carolina but I wouldn't guarantee it". - Once again laughable....

4. "The Big Ten simply isnt taking a duplicate market" - Here we go AGAIN as I predicted....

5. "And PSU and OSU wont allow a Big Ten team in THEIR recruiting area". - REALLY? NJ and Maryland are PSU's playground when it comes to recruiting, yet Rutgers and Maryland got in the Big Ten.

Finally:

" Not even my harshest critics would disagree that VT gets the invite over Pitt. You are literally the only one." No, there are others that agree with me as well. They just aren't as dumb as me to argue with you...

Remove UConn and USF. Add ACC teams that you're missing... Duke, Wake, GT, NCSU, VT, UVa, and, potentially, UCF. Unless you think all of those teams will get the nod for one of the P2 leagues which I highly doubt.
Add GT, VT and UVA. Drop UCONN and USF

ADVERTISEMENT