ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coach & Support Staff Salary

SteelCityChamps

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2009
Kansas City
USA Today came out with their database of assistant coach salaries last week. I believe it's behind a paywall this year.

Due to PA laws Pitt doesn't disclose this information. However in the notes you can find that "Bates had $555,208 in Total Pay, accoring to university's most recently available Pennsylvania Right-To-Know pay disclosure for year ended June 30, 2021" and "Partridge had $535,448 in compensation, according to universiry's most recently available Pennsylvania Right-To Know report pay list for year ending June 30, 2021."

Of note, Brennan Marion made $400,000 at Texas this year. Tiquan Underwood made $250,000 at Rutgers last year. You can make a guess what we had to pay him to get him away from his alma mater and it's clear Marion's move wasn't solely financially motivated.

Pat Narduzzi made about $5.6mil this year. That's right between Whittingham at Utah and Kelly at UCLA. Utah had $5.85mil for on field staff. UCLA had $4.28mil total. I would our staff budget is closer to the $4.28mil total. WVU was just under $4mil for staff and I can't believe we are much above them if we even are.

Side note, Lincoln Riley must have received an unlimited budget from USC. He poached him from Texas A&M. Dude was making $720k in the middle of nowhere with no state income tax. Imagine what he would have had to be offered to move to LA.

Also, there was talk about increased budgets for support staff. Basically guys for recruiting and portal scouting. Great article showing how that is the next frontier in the arms race and the big boys will spare no expense. These people getting $100k plus now.

Reactions: jpeezy13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News