ADVERTISEMENT

At Northwestern

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
ESPN gives Northwestern a 77.3% chance of winning and shows Northwestern by 8.5 points.

Sagarin's computer not including yesterday's games predicts Norhwestern by about 10 points. Later today when updated based on yesterday's games it may change a little.

If one wants to be Pitt-optimistic about tonight one could argue (not a good argument really) that beating our last opponent by nine more than predicted might mean the game tonight is really a tossup.

I haven't seen NW, but
they're 5-1. Their only
loss was to ranked, and
unbeaten Auburn, That
was a one pt. loss. So,
at least on paper, NW
should be favored by
at least those 10 pts
you mentioned. Also
their home floor.

I think if we keep it within 7 with a relatively even performance, that suggests the possibility of winning more ACC games than Capel ever has before.

The only thing I know is that NW seems to have what we do not, and that's they play really good defense

The only thing I know is that NW seems to have what we do not, and that's they play really good defense

If that's so, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, they could win by 20 or more. We don't have offensive weapons, we're lazy on defense, and we seem to wake up after 30 minutes have elapsed in the game. By then, it will be too late against a better team.

Reactions: Drew1208
If that's so, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, they could win by 20 or more. We don't have offensive weapons, we're lazy on defense, and we seem to wake up after 30 minutes have elapsed in the game. By then, it will be too late against a better team.
Here ya go, NW is only
giving up 51 pts per
game while scoring 65
pts themselves. They are
obviously playing solid D.

It's basketball, anything can
happen. NW can again play
great D, and we can play
like we have in the first
half of the last two games.
On the other hand, NW
finds it difficult matching
up with us, and we string
together a pair of halves
like our last 2 second haves.

I have no clue, but won't
be surprised if either of
the above occurs, or if it
plays out just like Vegas
calls it. Regardless, I'm
gonna sit and watch it,
and root for a Pitt W.

So does anyone know that the objective of this game is to put the ball through that metal ring thingy?

Teams are a combined 5-22 so far.

Allow me to be that guy…nice to see them jogging…clearly jogging back on that last shot. Five years of “that“guy wide open in the corner. Otherwise, impressive based on the new standard around here.

We have maybe 9 guys who can contribute, definitely more than the last 5 years. Yes each has easy to list weaknesses, but all have strengths.

Nice to see Cummings look like a legit ACC guard tonight, Nike continuing to be healthy, Hinson taking load off a down Hugely night.

This is the first time I've seen Northwestern this year, but I can easily see how they only scored 42 against Auburn.

How Auburn only scored 43 against them is beyond me.

They certainly look like they know how to run an offense tonight, they're moving the ball to the open man.

As I've said: adequate offensive talent to get to the middle of the pack in the A10 (+Duke/UNC/UVa). Nice win against a bad ACC-level team.

We have maybe 9 guys who can contribute, definitely more than the last 5 years. Yes each has easy to list weaknesses, but all have strengths.

Nice to see Cummings look like a legit ACC guard tonight, Nike continuing to be healthy, Hinson taking load off a down Hugely night.
Cummings‘ first step looked lightyears ahead of previous games. I know, against NW. But still.

Cummings‘ first step looked lightyears ahead of previous games. I know, against NW. But still.
Agree & agree. Looked much quicker but also NW. He played really well. Next game will be a real test for him as NCST has one of the quickest backcourts in the Nation with Smith (NBA player) & Joiner.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT