ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome Madden tweet at PSU fanboy from Post Gazette

Adam Bittner is a douche.

I think Bittner’s article is straight forward and not biased toward either university. It gives the Pitt AD much credit for her approach on scheduling PSU for future games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ch-to-Penn-State-rivalry/stories/201706280198

"Penn State just doesn’t want to play Pitt as its marquee non-conference opponent every single year. It wants to play Notre Dame, as it did in 2006-07. It wants to play Alabama, as it did in 2010-11. It wants to play West Virginia, which it’s scheduled to do in 2023-24. Virginia Tech and Auburn are other big names already lined up for the next decade."

Reactions: boddyebsen
I think Bittner’s article is straight forward and not biased toward either university. It gives the Pitt AD much credit for her approach on scheduling PSU for future games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ch-to-Penn-State-rivalry/stories/201706280198

"Penn State just doesn’t want to play Pitt as its marquee non-conference opponent every single year. It wants to play Notre Dame, as it did in 2006-07. It wants to play Alabama, as it did in 2010-11. It wants to play West Virginia, which it’s scheduled to do in 2023-24. Virginia Tech and Auburn are other big names already lined up for the next decade."

Step....you are a decent/reasonable PSU poster. Problem is that Bittner is extremely biased against Pitt and for PSU. That's fine for a blogger or even a Cetre county based publication, not for a supposed journalist at a Pittsburgh paper. Anything he writes is usually to agitate the Pitt crowd. Never one word of criticism against his alma mater

I thought the piece was fair and reasoned and took a fresh look at how some sort of series might pan out.

Pretty much every sports writer from Penn State in this area is a huge fanboy, but Bittner is by far the worst on Twitter.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
It must drive him crazy living in Pittsburgh and having beat them last year in mens BB & FB.

If you have ever been to St College you will know why people follow sports up there as there is nothing else to do.

Yes, he loves the thought that Lyke understands that PSU would rather schedule more games with the Southern Conference than take on teams that could put an L on their record.

Fair is funny. Because he quoted the Yahoo article? PSU dumps a ton of money into Lasch and makes the soccer team dress in a tent but gets credit here for having a fencing program. Please.

Gee, a little pathetic program like Pitt can manage to put PSU on the schedule along with Notre Dame or Oklahoma State or WVU. Why can't that big, proud program that is so wonderful is scared of playing real competition. Gutless. Just like your entire community. Gutless.

Gee, a little pathetic program like Pitt can manage to put PSU on the schedule along with Notre Dame or Oklahoma State or WVU. Why can't that big, proud program that is so wonderful is scared of playing real competition. Gutless. Just like your entire community. Gutless.
B1G plays a 9 game conference schedule. In addition, PSU always schedules one non conference P5 opponent. Of those 10 games 5 will be home, 5 will be away. PSU will then schedule two cupcakes to play at home to get to a 7 game home schedule which is what PSU needs to fund their athletics department. If PSU added another home and home serious with a P5 school, every other year they would only have 6 home games. If PSU played Pitt every year, they wouldn't be able to schedule any other P5 non conference games ever again without having a severe budget deficit.

This year PSU plays 10 P5 schools and Pitt plays 10 P5 schools and both are paying 2 lessor schools to come to their stadiums to get beat.

I'd like a home and home with Pitt once every 8-10 years. I like the rivalry but Also want to see PSU play other P5 schools.

Reactions: step.eng69
He's an idiot and is only doing this because PSU has a bigger fanbase than Pitt and he will get a bigger reaction from them.

If Pitt was more popular than PSU, he would be taking cheap shots at Pitt to get a reaction. He contributes nothing of substance to Pittsburgh sports talk, he just harps on whatever he finds gets the most reaction from people.

Reactions: Jtommyj

Based on how Franklin is recruiting it makes sense to me why Penn State wants exposure all over the country. Franklin, sadly, is killing it. Top 5 class that has kids from everywhere except West coast. He's turning Penn State into a National program. It's Pitt's job to step up. Only a homer can't appreciate the massive jump Franklin's PSU has made versus O'Brien. The sandal excuse for him was overhyped. He wasn't a very good recruiter. The question that only time can answer is "does he stay at Penn State for life"?

B1G plays a 9 game conference schedule. In addition, PSU always schedules one non conference P5 opponent. Of those 10 games 5 will be home, 5 will be away. PSU will then schedule two cupcakes to play at home to get to a 7 game home schedule which is what PSU needs to fund their athletics department. If PSU added another home and home serious with a P5 school, every other year they would only have 6 home games. If PSU played Pitt every year, they wouldn't be able to schedule any other P5 non conference games ever again without having a severe budget deficit.

This year PSU plays 10 P5 schools and Pitt plays 10 P5 schools and both are paying 2 lessor schools to come to their stadiums to get beat.

I'd like a home and home with Pitt once every 8-10 years. I like the rivalry but Also want to see PSU play other P5 schools.
Because it would be impossible for penn state to charge the same price for only 6 games at home.

Reactions: LVNVPanther
It must drive him crazy living in Pittsburgh and having beat them last year in mens BB & FB.

If you have ever been to St College you will know why people follow sports up there as there is nothing else to do.

Most up there don't realize they have a basketball team. That's why they are Villanova or Duke bball fans.

Reactions: ratking17
He's an idiot and is only doing this because PSU has a bigger fanbase than Pitt and he will get a bigger reaction from them.

If Pitt was more popular than PSU, he would be taking cheap shots at Pitt to get a reaction. He contributes nothing of substance to Pittsburgh sports talk, he just harps on whatever he finds gets the most reaction from people.
Interesting theory. But if true wouldn't we expect the media to take shots at PSU, not to mention the Steelers and Penguins? They also have far more fans to get a rise out of.

Last edited:
It's Pitt's job to step up and do what? Last we checked Pedophilia State University looked pretty much like a JV team verses Pitt.

Based on how Franklin is recruiting it makes sense to me why Penn State wants exposure all over the country. Franklin, sadly, is killing it. Top 5 class that has kids from everywhere except West coast. He's turning Penn State into a National program. It's Pitt's job to step up. Only a homer can't appreciate the massive jump Franklin's PSU has made versus O'Brien. The sandal excuse for him was overhyped. He wasn't a very good recruiter. The question that only time can answer is "does he stay at Penn State for life"?

It's Pitt's job to step up and do what? Last we checked Pedophilia State University looked pretty much like a JV team verses Pitt.
It was a fine win. As was Clemson. What he's saying is there needed to be more last year to make them really meaningful. And it has to occur regularly. Not one or two solid wins every decade.

It is similar to the attitude of the 13-9 game. It was a sweet win as it was. But there needed to be more.

Recruiting 4-5 star athletes does not always guarantee winning. We shall see if those kids stick by their verbals. Two already have decommited due to pressure sales.

Sorry but almost every state has an intra rival game. No excuse why st penn can't play PITT every year. Still hate that bastard Franklin how he covered up gang rape. You know damn well he is doing underhanded shit up their in the land of the lost.

It was a fine win. As was Clemson. What he's saying is there needed to be more last year to make them really meaningful. And it has to occur regularly. Not one or two solid wins every decade.

It is similar to the attitude of the 13-9 game. It was a sweet win as it was. But there needed to be more.
2 Top wins vs the National and Big 10 Champs is a remarkable achievement for a team that is in rebuild mode. Give it a few more years and the wins and depth will be here. It's coming together nicely....

2 Top wins vs the National and Big 10 Champs is a remarkable achievement for a team that is in rebuild mode. Give it a few more years and the wins and depth will be here. It's coming together nicely....
I've been giving it a couple more years since 1981. To the delight of many no doubt, I'm running out of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT