ADVERTISEMENT

B-Man

Been a few years. He was one of the best.
Not that long:

I think this team will play a 3-guard line-up almost exclusively. That is where the depth is and most likely the talent. It is a guards game and we might have the depth and potential talent to play that way next year. It could mean some up and down times as we will rely heavily on shots falling and finding who is on that game might take a little time...but, it will be interesting.

My guess of a starting line-up would be:

D. Johnson
N. Cummings
J. Burton
B. Hinson
J. Hugely

I would guess that Johnson and Cummings play together a lot, but also one would be on the floor at all times during meaningful minutes and share the PG duties. If Johnson is as advertised and fits in on the team, I would assume he is running the point close to 28-32 minutes a game with Cummings taking the other minutes and then playing with him.

I think Burton's game will complement theirs very well. His ability in the 15-18 foot range and FT shooting will consistently get him points. I think Sibande gets consistent time as first guard off the bench playing the 2/3. Elliott is a designated shooter...if he is on he gets more time if others are not. McNeilly gets time to bring him along and also could be a designated shooter if on and might get some leftover PG time.

With this depth I do not see much of a role for Santos this coming year.

I think Hinson and Jeffress basically man the '4' spot and that should be ok. Most teams have '4's that all believe they are wings. I appreciate Jeffress sticking this out and his effort on D and on the boards at least will be a contributing factor. Hinson is a wildcard, but has a track record of production in the SEC.

Obviously Hugely is the C for this team. Fede, the twins...hopefully one of them can give 10 minutes a game to play D and rebound. If the twins shock us and are ready this year...then I can see one playing some 4 and the other some 5...I would hope they are more of a long term investment...but we know in this day and age everyone is on a two-way, one-year contract...

This team is definitely interesting and really has me not knowing what to expect. However, that seems to be the nature of college basketball. Hoping for 18 wins...I think this is a team that will be tough at home as they will be able to score points in their friendly confines of the Pete.

Reactions: yourhired
B_Man is now H_Man as on Hockey man. Both of his kids are very good hockey players and I believe one of them is playing minor league hockey.
Have to establish a Pitt hockey team and then a Pitt hockey board, and we will hear once again from the former B-Man who is now H-Man.

He was such a valued contributor a) I hope he is okay and b) I wish he would be more active.

I suspect he's doing fine. That time I messaged with him, he stepped away from much of this because his kids were so involved in hockey. But that was like 8 years or so ago, so I don't know if that's still the case.

But we all wish he'd be more active. The board was never better than when he was the resident maven.

Reactions: sonofabit and gary2
Dior Johnson
Dior has been out of the picture for so long that I actually forgot his last name. Dior really needs no last name, so if B-Man's post had just listed listed him as Dior or Dior J., I wouldn't have had a problem. Still my bad.

BTW, how did Gary pull up a post from the Fall so readily? Is there a way to input B-Man's handle and pull up his posts?

I suspect he's doing fine. That time I messaged with him, he stepped away from much of this because his kids were so involved in hockey. But that was like 8 years or so ago, so I don't know if that's still the case.

But we all wish he'd be more active. The board was never better than when he was the resident maven.
Can’t recall any thread of his that was hijacked by juvenile one-upmanship that I have to endure these days.

Dior has been out of the picture for so long that I actually forgot his last name. Dior really needs no last name, so if B-Man's post had just listed listed him as Dior or Dior J., I wouldn't have had a problem. Still my bad.

BTW, how did Gary pull up a post from the Fall so readily? Is there a way to input B-Man's handle and pull up his posts?
Go into search (last icon at top right) and enter his member ID in the "By" field. Hit search.

Reactions: New York Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT