ADVERTISEMENT

B10 debating taking 4 more P12 to get Amazon deal

On a semi related note.......since the NFL has sold Thursday Night Football to Amazon, there is a definite void. I am not sure what the WVU/VT game drew against the Steelers, but someone like the ACC should approach ESPN about putting on a Thursday night game again. Because America wants to watch football on Thursday nights, and I am still not sure how Amazon's TV "reaches" folks.

Very strong considering there was an NFL game on Amazon. BTW, I’m calling BS on Amazon’s Nielsen numbers.

Last edited:
week4cfb-548x1024.png

Oh I’m sorry. That game was on FRIDAY night. I would certainly hope a stand alone game without NFL interference would get at least 1.7M. I’m going to look into that number. I’d bet that’s quite a low number for Friday football.

Black Diamond Game is very impressive to get 1.6M (2nd highest in 5 years for non-opening week games).

You’re just not informed (and that’s entirely ok). And you clearly must not be an NFL fan. The NFL rules all. Whatever goes against it won’t stand a chance. Comparing a Th game to a F game (without NFL interference) is comparing 2 things that are pretty much the most opposite things in the world.

No worries. You didn’t realize that.

Considering Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford to add inventory, which Amazon would buy. However, since Fox, CBS, and NBC already won their rights, Amazon would be buying the worst games.....the games that those networks dont want. I cant imagine an Amazon package of games like Indiana/Northwestern, Rutgers/Cal, and Illinois/Stanford is worth enough to offset the equal amount they'd have to pay the 4 P12 schools to come in but who knows.

These are ideas the ACC should be thinking about though. If the Big Ten passes, the ACC absolutely should offer those teams.
If I could pay $300 a year and be guaranteed to watch Pitt whenever I wanted I would.
An annual Prime membership is what, $80 a year? I only care about Pitt, the rest of the games are icing on my cfb cake.

Oh I’m sorry. That game was on FRIDAY night.

You literally responded (and quoted) to a post that said "this was less than the Syracuse game on Friday night". And now you are saying that you didn't realize that the game was on Friday.

Well, either that or the numbers didn't show what you assumed that they would, so you had to hurry up and think of an excuse.

You literally responded (and quoted) to a post that said "this was less than the Syracuse game on Friday night". And now you are saying that you didn't realize that the game was on Friday.

Well, either that or the numbers didn't show what you assumed that they would, so you had to hurry up and think of an excuse.
Hey man, whatever you need to do to prop up VU versus Syracuse.

That game draws a 350k if on Th night. Smart for ESPN and their advertisers to schedule Black Diamond game against NFL. They got a very nice number. 2nd largest number (non-opening week) for Th game in 5 years….against one of the best rivalries in NFL and one of the teams is local to WVU.

Hey man, whatever you need to do to prop up VU versus Syracuse.

That game draws a 350k if on Th night. Smart for ESPN and their advertisers to schedule Black Diamond game against NFL. They got a very nice number. 2nd largest number (non-opening week) for Th game in 5 years….against one of the best rivalries in NFL and one of the teams is local to WVU.

I'm not propping up anything. I'm pointing out that you are either dumb for completely missing what the post that you quoted said, or you found out that the truth was completely different than what you assumed that it would be and rather than say, huh, look at that, I was absolutely wrong, you had to make something up that makes you look dumb.

I will agree to go with whichever interpretation you want. Are you dumb because you quoted a post while completely ignoring the one and only thing that the post said, or are you just pretending to be dumb because you can't bring yourself to admit that you were wrong?

I'm not propping up anything. I'm pointing out that you are either dumb for completely missing what the post that you quoted said, or you found out that the truth was completely different than what you assumed that it would be and rather than say, huh, look at that, I was absolutely wrong, you had to make something up that makes you look dumb.

I will agree to go with whichever interpretation you want. Are you dumb because you quoted a post while completely ignoring the one and only thing that the post said, or are you just pretending to be dumb because you can't bring yourself to admit that you were wrong?
And I would respond this way.

You pointed out that a stand alone game of two teams that are akin to Texans versus Seahawks (in NFL) barely fared better than a Th night game that performed famously well given the competition it was up against. It’s comparing two things that aren’t remotely close to the other.

My initial thoughts on the ratings of a game between two metro/blue schools (not being political but just pointing out that college football is more popular in red states) are academic.

What DOES matter is the fact that you are the one who brought to light the comparison and you didn’t realize that one isn’t like the other.

It’s entirely ok.

And I would respond this way.

You pointed out that a stand alone game of two teams that are akin to Texans versus Seahawks (in NFL) barely fared better than a Th night game that performed famously well given the competition it was up against. It’s comparing two things that aren’t remotely close to the other.

My initial thoughts on the ratings of a game between two metro/blue schools (not being political but just pointing out that college football is more popular in red states) are academic.

What DOES matter is the fact that you are the one who brought to light the comparison and you didn’t realize that one isn’t like the other.

It’s entirely ok.

I did no such thing. You responded to someone saying that your game didn't have as many viewers as the Syracuse game with a comment that obviously meant that in your mind there was no way that the Syracuse game had more viewers. All I did was provide a graphic that showed the actual numbers. I didn't make any comparisons at all, you did that. I didn't post something that was obviously wrong, you did that. I didn't then try to deflect from the fact that I got something completely wrong, you did that.

All I have done is post the actual facts. Well, that and laugh at you as you attempt to deflect from the fact that you assumed that a lot more people watched the West Virginia game when in fact they did not.

I did no such thing. You responded to someone saying that your game didn't have as many viewers as the Syracuse game with a comment that obviously meant that in your mind there was no way that the Syracuse game had more viewers. All I did was provide a graphic that showed the actual numbers. I didn't make any comparisons at all, you did that. I didn't post something that was obviously wrong, you did that. I didn't then try to deflect from the fact that I got something completely wrong, you did that.

All I have done is post the actual facts. Well, that and laugh at you as you attempt to deflect from the fact that you assumed that a lot more people watched the West Virginia game when in fact they did not.
Two Louisville games (another metro school) outperformed the Syracuse game at same time slot.

My apologies. I thought you were the one who brought up the Friday night game in the first place. It wasn’t you.

The person who presented the Friday night game was the uninformed person and deserves a mild amount of scorn 🤣.

Edit: it was Do no Harm. Not Joe the Panther.

Oh I’m sorry. That game was on FRIDAY night. I would certainly hope a stand alone game without NFL interference would get at least 1.7M. I’m going to look into that number. I’d bet that’s quite a low number for Friday football.

Black Diamond Game is very impressive to get 1.6M (2nd highest in 5 years for non-opening week games).

You’re just not informed (and that’s entirely ok). And you clearly must not be an NFL fan. The NFL rules all. Whatever goes against it won’t stand a chance. Comparing a Th game to a F game (without NFL interference) is comparing 2 things that are pretty much the most opposite things in the world.

No worries. You didn’t realize that.
Friday is an absolutely dead night. People still go out on Friday.

It is a real reach. 2nd best rating of a non opening week game. Woo Hoo! I had the number one rated cycling ride yesterday of a guy my age whose name and social security number matched mine!

Jesus, I bet there would have been a higher TV a rating but 2.7 million WVU fans filled the stadium that night.

Last edited:
The power of the Big 10 is undeniable. Maryland/Michigan was a complete dog crap of a game. Same with Wisky/OSU. ND seems to be losing some of its luster.
Michigan and OSU always have good TV numbers. Just how it is with them.

The ACC is putting up some decent numbers. Not as across the board as the B1G or SEC but very respectable. When the B1G goes to Fox and the extra spots open up, I expect the numbers will continue to improve. But big schools with no pro competition will always put up better overall numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT