ADVERTISEMENT

Baby Gronk to Pitt

Who is this fat little dork?
It’s actually pretty sad. This kid’s like, 13 years old, and his dad has basically decided to make him an internet celebrity by branding him as “Baby Gronk” and turning him into this child prodigy/hypebeast of sorts. If you look at the “kid’s” Twitter feed (and I put that in quotes because the dad is the one running it) you’ll see that the kid has “flipped his commitment” multiple times per week. It’s Todd Marinovich but amped up to a million because of the social media factor.

The dad even named the kid “Madden.” It’s totally unhinged, and the dad should be ashamed of himself.

It’s actually pretty sad. This kid’s like, 13 years old, and his dad has basically decided to make him an internet celebrity by branding him as “Baby Gronk” and turning him into this child prodigy/hypebeast of sorts. If you look at the “kid’s” Twitter feed (and I put that in quotes because the dad is the one running it) you’ll see that the kid has “flipped his commitment” multiple times per week. It’s Todd Marinovich but amped up to a million because of the social media factor.

The dad even named the kid “Madden.” It’s totally unhinged, and the dad should be ashamed of himself.
It's worse, he's only 11.

I just hope that DM from HCPN is fake.

That whole account is so weird. Feels like that's going to end badly.

He’s part of that brainrot movement with TikTok rizz party, skibidy toilet, sigma, etc. Don’t ask….

He’s part of that brainrot movement with TikTok rizz party, skibidy toilet, sigma, etc. Don’t ask….
I really don't think this is a part of any trend. It's a mentally ill dad leading his son down the path that will, at best, make the kid resent him for the rest of his life if not end up far worse.

I really don't think this is a part of any trend. It's a mentally ill dad leading his son down the path that will, at best, make the kid resent him for the rest of his life if not end up far worse.

I think he means that Baby Gronk is enormously famous with the "Skibidi Ohio Rizzler" generation. I'd say pretty close to 100% of boys that age know who he is. Its sad but its where we are as a nation. Thanks Biden.

I remember when Woodland Hills recruited Gronk and he "moved' to the district. Pitt thought they had a chance.

I had to look up who baby gronk is. Just one of the logan/jake Paul brothers type that unfortunately is being exploited by their dad. Dumb all around.

He went to Arizona
Not some name program .
So by definition , we had a chance

He was a no-name recruit. I literally had no idea he even went to WH until he was several years in the league and I paid fairly close attention to recruiting back then

I remember when Woodland Hills recruited Gronk and he "moved' to the district. Pitt thought they had a chance.
Do you think Novak drove up to Buffalo to find a TE?

Gronk's dad still has stores in Pittsburgh.

Gronk's dad brought him to Woody High.

I read where he changed his commitment 10 times in a week. His old man must be a sick mofo.

Is it a joke? Or is he really good at football for his age?

It's really not. The study guides those tutors give them are so easy to digest that my ten year old could get a criminal justice degree at Pitt. Far dumber guys than Gronk stayed eligible.
If you can learn and understand an NFL playbook, you can easily get through college, no matter where you go.

Reactions: pittdan77
Actually I am not. If someone who obviously didn't post a thread on it, and I see it got many responses, I would have never clicked on it or head of it.
There is social media making it widely seen
That’s the only difference
This crap has always gone on with parents and kids as long as there has been sports . Just ask Andrew

Is it a joke? Or is he really good at football for his age?

He's really good at football for his age. But he's also like 3 years older from a physical/developmental standpoint than kids his age. Sometimes kids like that stop growing and they're done. But sometimes they keep growing and become those 6'5 beasts. So hard to say what he'll become

He's really good at football for his age. But he's also like 3 years older from a physical/developmental standpoint than kids his age.
He's been starting to get exposed at some of these 7 on 7 passing camps. So, I'm not so sure he's the blue chipper his dad thinks he is.

He's really good at football for his age. But he's also like 3 years older from a physical/developmental standpoint than kids his age. Sometimes kids like that stop growing and they're done. But sometimes they keep growing and become those 6'5 beasts. So hard to say what he'll become
I remember actual kids like that, at age 12 they dominated everyone, but by 16 they couldn't make the varsity.

I remember actual kids like that, at age 12 they dominated everyone, but by 16 they couldn't make the varsity.

Yea, those kids that have facial hair at 12 and look like grown men. Some are completely done growing/maturing by then. But some continue to grow and become big-time players.

Reactions: Pitt79
Yea, those kids that have facial hair at 12 and look like grown men. Some are completely done growing/maturing by then. But some continue to grow and become big-time players.
Reminds me of a kid I played with, a monster, he had a beard and full chest of hair in middle school. By his senior year he was just a guy. He’s bald as a bat and looks 20 years older than me now.

Reminds me of a kid I played with, a monster, he had a beard and full chest of hair in middle school. By his senior year he was just a guy. He’s bald as a bat and looks 20 years older than me now.

Yea that's the thing with those dudes who look 18 when they are 12. They also look 60 when they are 40.

Also, Baby Gronk just flipped to Kentucky.

Last edited:
I knew a kid, on the 8th grade football team he was like 5-7 170 pounds dominant DT and had a full beard, 10th grade he was still 5-7 and just fat and never grew again and never made the high school team.

I played 13-15 dek hockey one year and the people who ran the place asked if a 12 year old could join our team. He showed up and he was 6'7" and like 290.

I can't wait until he is in his 30's and people still call him Baby Gronk. I'm guessing fame without fortune is a hell on earth.

I can't wait until he is in his 30's and people still call him Baby Gronk. I'm guessing fame without fortune is a hell on earth.
It’s certainly going to make for one heck of a Netflix documentary. I feel bad for the kid, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT