ADVERTISEMENT

Backyard Brawl just got a lot closer

Let me add that Holgorsen wasn’t respected by his Big 12 peers. He had trouble holding on to assistants too.

Plus AD Lyons gave him everything he asked for…

Holgorsen consistently lost games he should have won and never won a game he should not have. When it mattered most, he blew it.
That's not true. He beat Baylor when I think they were ranked #4. Won a few other games. He wasn't bad, he just didn't win enough as much as he could have if he'd had better decision making in defensive assistants, for example.

That's not true. He beat Baylor when I think they were ranked #4. Won a few other games. He wasn't bad, he just didn't win enough as much as he could have if he'd had better decision making in defensive assistants, for example.
Completely agree. Dana was fine. However, it was definitely best for both parties that he departed at the time that he did. He had a good run. He was there for nearly a decade. That’s a long time.

He left the cupboard more bare than any coach in recent memory.

Completely agree. Dana was fine. However, it was definitely best for both parties that he departed at the time that he did. He had a good run. He was there for nearly a decade. That’s a long time.

He left the cupboard more bare than any coach in recent memory.
Bad fit culturally. WV’ians all have an inferiority complex (it’s an Appalachian thing), and Dana’s decisions about non X and O stuff (comments/not embracing school colors/other) just did not play well here.

Bad fit culturally. WV’ians all have an inferiority complex (it’s an Appalachian thing), and Dana’s decisions about non X and O stuff (comments/not embracing school colors/other) just did not play well here.
Talk about saying stupid stuff. I think it was in his first year and he was on one of his coach's show and it might have been an attendance thing and he said something then said, "this place." And that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. He backtracked and got out of it but he said it with an attitude that you can't have as a coach at the college level.

Talk about saying stupid stuff. I think it was in his first year and he was on one of his coach's show and it might have been an attendance thing and he said something then said, "this place." And that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. He backtracked and got out of it but he said it with an attitude that you can't have as a coach at the college level.
Dana was fine, culturally, at WVU. Iowa guy who was eccentric, drank beer and Red Bull, etc. His issue was more that he is just a co**sucker. Anyone who encountered him on routine basis knows this.

Some dudes are just di**s and aren’t likable. However, I also very much acknowledge that this trait is very overrated in terms of a college football coach. I’m sure many are di**s.

There is no wide receiver ever in the history of football that would move a point spread five points on their own. None. Ever.

In fact there is probably no wide receiver ever in the history of football that would move a point spread even one point. You simply don't know how these things work.
Randy Moss being out for Marshall back in the day absolutely moves that line more than a point.

Agreed. The number doesn’t move that much on a WR.

It moved, I believe, 7 points when Aaron Rodgers announced he wouldn’t play due to Covid issue.

That being said, this is a game between comparable teams. 9.5 is ridiculous. I’d bet the max limit on WVU. It’s apples and oranges comparing ACC to XII teams. Has an ACC team ever beat a XII team in the last 10 years in a meaningful game (ie. Not a dumb bowl game where some players play or not)?
It’s currently down to 6.5. So technically, it’s moved 3 points.

Well golly…..they should just cancel the season and hand the National Title to Wvu based upon your hyperbole. Heck….even Alabama has no chance against that team.
Even as a WVU fan, this write-up is a bit much. Pitt deserves to be favored, although I think it will be a close field goal type margin for whomever wins.

It’s currently down to 6.5. So technically, it’s moved 3 points.
Right. That’s because the 9.5 was a mistake….not because of a WR. That WR was a nice player. He’s not Olave or Garrett Wilson. He benefitted from a super Senior QB season and a weak schedule against defensive opponents.

Did he ever purchase a house or did he just keep pounding red Bull out of his hotel room?

Right. That’s because the 9.5 was a mistake….not because of a WR. That WR was a nice player. He’s not Olave or Garrett Wilson. He benefitted from a super Senior QB season and a weak schedule against defensive opponents.
So pretty much teams like wvu ?

What I learned from the WVU fan contributors is that WVU lost a lot of players but they all sucked but one. But coach recruits real good and dem new players are more gooder dan dem udder guys.
Any of you guys part of the Mountain Monsters team? Those guys do good work.

Reactions: daminals76
What I learned from the WVU fan contributors is that WVU lost a lot of players but they all sucked but one. But coach recruits real good and dem new players are more gooder dan dem udder guys.
We won six games last year. How good were they? I am thinking around six or seven this year.

WVU football is reminding me of current Pitt basketball in that both teams were bad and had a ton of players transfer but Pitt basketball seems to have upgraded and fans are excited. Maybe WVU has as well?

Slovis isn’t great. He’s a check down QB that still manages to throw a high amount of interception worthy passes, and doesn’t have a ton of mobility.

And yet he still beat out WVU’s current QB savior while at USC.

It's too early to be this drunk.

That was the only reasonable part of your comments... I was referring to the first part lol.

Somebody on this board posted his throwing rankings. Both for 2021 and 2020. He was in the bottom half to bottom tier in college football both years in terms of depth of throws and yards per attempt. He doesn’t look to throw the ball downfield. He’s very dink and dunk.

WVU football is reminding me of current Pitt basketball in that both teams were bad and had a ton of players transfer but Pitt basketball seems to have upgraded and fans are excited. Maybe WVU has as well?

Pitt basketball is getting some players who are pretty good. wvu football lost a lot of bad players and got inferior ones to add to a bad team. Where are the similarities???

Somebody on this board posted his throwing rankings. Both for 2021 and 2020. He was in the bottom half to bottom tier in college football both years in terms of depth of throws and yards per attempt. He doesn’t look to throw the ball downfield. He’s very dink and dunk.

That's like saying Pickett wasn't very mobile in the 2nd half of 2020.

I see Pitt's record this year being in the 10-2 area plus a bowl game. wvu's will be around 6-6, 7-5 at best and that's only if they get lucky against someone. And one of their numerous losses will be against Pitt.

Turns out it was actually you that posted it.

Thread 'Kedon Slovis'
https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/kedon-slovis.206817/

It’s like what?

Kedon was playing at less than 100%. No doubt his arm issue with no running game limited his ability on deep routes. That wasn't the case when healthy.

The comparison was saying Kenny wasn't mobile after injuring his ankle in 2020. Of course injuries make for context.

Kedon was playing at less than 100%. No doubt his arm issue with no running game limited his ability on deep routes. That wasn't the case when healthy.

The comparison was saying Kenny wasn't mobile after injuring his ankle in 2020. Of course injuries make for context.

So your argument here is that, using TWO years worth of data points to make a point, is so crazy one would have to be drunk to say such a thing?

You’re a weird guy.

Also, Slovis’ shoulder injury was in the PAC 12 Title Game of 2020. So it wouldn’t have impacted why his 2020 passing stats also showed him to be a dunk and dink type of QB.

So your argument here is that, using TWO years worth of data points to make a point, is so crazy one would have to be drunk to say such a thing?

You’re a weird guy.

Also, Slovis’ shoulder injury was in the PAC 12 Title Game of 2020. So it wouldn’t have impacted why his 2020 passing stats also showed him to be a dunk and dink type of QB.

That makes sense if you ignore the elbow issue he played through as a soph.

That makes sense if you ignore the elbow issue he played through as a soph.

which wasn’t a thing.

He didn’t take the leap that people expected in 2020, and one of the excuses that outsiders came up with as to why that was the case, was due to his elbow.

But Slovis himself has explicitly said there was *nothing* wrong with his elbow in 2020. He said that in 2020. He said that retroactively looking back on what went wrong in 2020.

which wasn’t a thing.

He didn’t take the leap that people expected in 2020, and one of the excuses that outsiders came up with as to why that was the case, was due to his elbow.

But Slovis himself has explicitly said there was *nothing* wrong with his elbow in 2020. He said that in 2020. He said that retroactively looking back on what went wrong in 2020.

So for no reason the USC offense took deep patterns out of their offense in 2020.🤔 Makes total sense.

If Slovis has a great year and attributes any of it to practicing next to KP and the other 3 Steelers QBs we will be beating transfers off with a stick!

which wasn’t a thing.

Here's a quote from him prior to spring ball last year.

“I’m not sacrificing accuracy or velocity or arm strength for my arm hurting, which is something I did last year that I wished I didn’t,” Slovis said. “That’s the biggest thing, knowing I can go into the season, throw the ball as well as I want and as hard as I want and not have any issues on the back end.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT