ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley Stinks

I wouldnt say that. Kickoff return based on idiotic coaching strategy from the opposition, then a fumble on the first offensive series. 14 points and the offense hasnt had to do anything.

Reactions: freddietee511
Nobody on this site is pleased....but you have to be an immature fool not to give the man and also the entire team respect this year. He's phenominal and the team has a really great shot at playing in the playoffs. Letting hate affect your judgement makes you look like an idiot.
A couple knuckleheads w worthless as teets on a bull stats.
He can house it every time he touches the ball. You can see the entire defense follow him in a panic after he scorches them.

Barkley is a beast
He will clean clock at the Heisman.

Only a fool can’t see that.

A couple knuckleheads w worthless as teets on a bull stats.
He can house it every time he touches the ball. You can see the entire defense follow him in a panic after he scorches them.

Barkley is a beast
He will clean clock at the Heisman.

Only a fool can’t see that.
The Heisman is all about big moments, not stats. Barkley has about a dozen signature moments this year.

Reactions: paulbl99
The pedo bears will be garbage without Barkley who is a once in a generation player

Milk did well return to the overrated bag of wind he is next year

Surreal how literally everything has gone right for them this year. I can see them playing for the freaking national championship.
It really has. They are a very good team but you can't make up for OSU just not kicking out of bounds or MI missing a QB. They also haven't played anyone good before this weekend

Refs have really screwed OSU in this game. B10 must have decided that they were backing psu this year. Typically OSU and MI have gotten the calls against PSU(and psu fans love to whine about it) but in this game OSU got a bullshit PI call on them in first half which took away a TD and psu just got away with a pretty blatant PI in end zone.

21 Carries
44 Yards
2.1 YPC

It's funny, this guy is much more likely to be the next Rashard Mendenhall than Barry Sanders. He can run really fast through a hole but that's it.

Somebody site his stats please.

Lmao I don’t think they are Heisman like.

Dude is an absolute beast one has to be a complete JA to bad mouth this kid.

Hate the pedos but Barkley is the real deal. OSU geared their D to stopping him. Without the threat Barkley presents Their offense is average.

He’s a rare talent and will go in the top five in the draft

Pretty sure that defenses have geared up for every Heisman candidate for years. None averaged 4 yards a carry. He's overrated. Yet, there don't seem to be any compelling kids on the other top teams. This has been one of the more boring years in college football.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I go back and forth on Barkley, He is a special talent and times you think Barry Sanders when watching him. But I just don't know if the stats are because everyone is selling out to stop him and the OL sucks or if he just isn't as good as many think. As another poster stated every Heisman winner has faced teams gearing up to stop them.

21 Carries
44 Yards
2.1 YPC

It's funny, this guy is much more likely to be the next Rashard Mendenhall than Barry Sanders. He can run really fast through a hole but that's it.

36 of these yards were one carry. And while you certainly can't take that carry away, 8 yards on the other 20 carries? 8? And that's the third or fourth game this year with a statline like that.

I think he is fun to watch and is a great talent. But the Heisman is supposed to be a player that consistently dominates.

Not sure what the missing link is. Part of me thinks its vision, although I haven't "broken down tape", nor am I qualified to make that assessment. But why can't he consistently get positive yards?

I think he will be more physical than Reggie Bush in the pros, but wouldn't be suprised if he was a guy that struggles to get 1,000 yards but catches a LOT of passes.

Barkley's tough, but even he couldn't overcome that ton of swiss cheese that masquerades as the Penn State offensive line. The Buckeyes totally dominated them, even though it took four quarters to pull it out.

For me, this exposes not just the Nits, but the Big Ten in general: as a conference, it's just not as good as advertised. Sure, tOSU is good, and even the Nits are good, but they build-up their records beating-up on other average teams in the conference.

As far as the NFL, he'll be a solid Keith Byers-type. This jive about him being a generational player was always rediculous. People were masterbating over a Youtube clip of him squatting for heaven sakes. We're talking PSU. The clip was probably faked in some way.

Main issue for him is teams completely over play him and the OL isn't very good to start with. Maybe part of it is he is unwilling to slam it up the gut for a 2 yard gain and instead bounces it for a 3 yard loss.

I do know one thing though I would be hesitant to pick him with a top 5 pick. He could be a great player but I do think there is a chance he never becomes a probowl type of guy. One thing that does help him going forward is he is very good out of the back field in passing game.

He’s probably lost more than 100 rushing yards this year on bad reads by McSorely. I know Penn State’s system is good for the team and you can’t argue with its success, but I continue to say that if you put him in a traditional pro-style offense he would be significantly better off.

Barkley has phenomenal speed and probably the strongest legs of any running back at any level ever, he's a rare specimen. He's a threat to score any time he touches the ball, but has average rushing statistics this season.

J.T. Barrett IV just locked up the heisman last night though, book it. 2155 passing yards, 25 TDs this season and only 1 INT! Add in 465 rushing yards and 5 more TDs. He has been unreal and was making throws last night most pros can't make, doing it with the game on the line.

For the crew that likes to "throw your longest runs" out of the equation, if you take away his longest run in each of the last three games (53, 69, 36), Barkley has 49 carries for 69 yards. I don't want to use it as a knock on him but rather some great defense by Northwestern, Michigan and Ohio State. Earlier in the year he as still averaging 5+ yards per carry even without his big run.

For the crew that likes to "throw your longest runs" out of the equation, if you take away his longest run in each of the last three games (53, 69, 36), Barkley has 49 carries for 69 yards. I don't want to use it as a knock on him but rather some great defense by Northwestern, Michigan and Ohio State. Earlier in the year he as still averaging 5+ yards per carry even without his big run.

At any rate, he is pedestrian statistically. Is he a stud RB? Of course, he really is. But not a heisman. Didnt McSorely out-run his total yesterday??

Surreal how literally everything has gone right for them this year. I can see them playing for the freaking national championship.
Glad this post didn’t age well.

I feel like McSorley has improved this year. Think I saw he leads the B1G in passing yds/game. No doubt teams keying in on stopping Barkley has been a big part of this though.

21 Carries
44 Yards
2.1 YPC

He tries to take everything outside. He won't run between the tackles.

Barkley has phenomenal speed and probably the strongest legs of any running back at any level ever, he's a rare specimen. He's a threat to score any time he touches the ball, but has average rushing statistics this season.

J.T. Barrett IV just locked up the heisman last night though, book it. 2155 passing yards, 25 TDs this season and only 1 INT! Add in 465 rushing yards and 5 more TDs. He has been unreal and was making throws last night most pros can't make, doing it with the game on the line.

I like Barkley, but he has nothing that’s the best of any rb ever. That’s absurd.

As great a game as Barrett had he doesn’t have anything locked up. He wasn’t even in the top 5 before yesterday and will be lucky to be in the top 3 when the odds are adjusted tomorrow. Barkley will probably still be favored with Mayfield 2nd. Love slipping because of the injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT