ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball All Star Game and Home Run Derby

BuffetParrothead

Heisman Winner
Nov 22, 2015
Why not announce an All Star Team, celebrate the All Stars, the media can drool all over them, and keep the baseball season going.

The Home Run Derby is kinda pointless as well.
Hitters in the HRDerby should have to hit from a pool of pitchers selected to pitch in the derby who throw fastballs in a similar range. They shouldn't be able to bring their personal pitcher.

This is really boring stuff!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Why not announce an All Star Team, celebrate the All Stars, the media can drool all over them, and keep the baseball season going.

The Home Run Derby is kinda pointless as well.

This is really boring stuff!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
Pro Bowl first then NBA All Star game and then NHL All Star game and then MLB All Star game as it is best to eliminate the lamest first and work your way back...

Sammy Sossa -I don't need no stinkin cork???

What's in the bat Sammy?
inspection_medium.jpg

If you don't like the All Star game simply find something else to do for three or four days. Problem solved.
This is true. It’s just like the recent World Cup. People will find reasons to bash the sport. There’s obviously a lot of interest from millions of people. Or in soccers case, billions of people. Watch it or don’t watch it. It shouldn’t be any sweat off anyone’s back.

I actually enjoyed the Derby to a certain degree. Probably because Chris Berman is no longer announcing it. It was a great night for the DC fans and the all star festivities are a nice celebration of the sport that the DC folks can enjoy in person and the die hard fans can enjoy on tv. However I won’t be watching the game tonight and won’t give it a second thought.

If you don't like the All Star game simply find something else to do for three or four days. Problem solved.
Good advice!
Yes and Mrs Buffett and I have!
We're playing more golf during the day.
We'll watch the British Open starting Thursday. We usually don't bother watching the first day of most tournaments.
Instead of sitting on our deck watching baseball in the afternoon after golf we'll hit some of favorite restaurants / bars earlier.
And catch-up on HBO's Game of Thrones. Mrs Buffett finds the " midget" interesting?

Can't wait until Friday when all the MLB teams will be back and playing.

But all of these "All Star" events are passed their prime and our on their way toward retirement.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I’ve been watching the derby for decades and once, just once, I want to watch one of these kids in the outfield actually catch a ball. There are like 40 kids out there every year and these kids, every time, misplay the ball.

I’ve been watching the derby for decades and once, just once, I want to watch one of these kids in the outfield actually catch a ball. There are like 40 kids out there every year and these kids, every time, misplay the ball.

Some balls are caught. You must not be watching too closely.

I can't believe Bryce Harper celebrated it like he won the Stanley Cup and dedicated it to all of the support people, and the city of DC. It is a friggin HR Derby. My god. Talk about self importance.

Pained me to watch Harper pull that off, particularly as I had a few bucks on Schwarber to win, but you have to give it to him. Down 9 hrs with a minute to go, thought for sure he was beat.

All star break is as relevant as the Pirates this year. Last time I enjoyed the All Star game was when Randy Johnson threw behind John Kruk's head.

Some balls are caught. You must not be watching too closely.
I watch. These damn kids aren’t even within 15’ half the time. I see 10 kids all run to a spot and the bell lands 5 yards away. I’d get if these were 6 and 7 year olds but these kids look to be in middle school.

Ya, that damn foul line will get ya every time. Lol.

Didn't bother to watch the actual game until the X-Files was over at 10, but it was fairly entertaining from then on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT