ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball recruiting class announced

Seems like some nice pieces. There are some decent-sized shoes to fill, but you can see where they’re thinking of filling them - Wehler stepping in at second base for Yanni, Levins hopefully providing a little more offense behind the plate, Tavarez really pushing Franks at shortstop, Anderson pushing Hulett at first base, and hoping that one of the transfers can fill that third rotation spot, with the other filling that Hansen spot starter role.

I have some questions about the DH (maybe Funk?) and whether the guys I mentioned will actually get it done, but it certainly seems like they’ve filled the holes from last year’s roster, and have even strengthened in some spots.

Seems like some nice pieces. There are some decent-sized shoes to fill, but you can see where they’re thinking of filling them - Wehler stepping in at second base for Yanni, Levins hopefully providing a little more offense behind the plate, Tavarez really pushing Franks at shortstop, Anderson pushing Hulett at first base, and hoping that one of the transfers can fill that third rotation spot, with the other filling that Hansen spot starter role.

I have some questions about the DH (maybe Funk?) and whether the guys I mentioned will actually get it done, but it certainly seems like they’ve filled the holes from last year’s roster, and have even strengthened in some spots.
Setup guys and closer?

DH - Ron Washington

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT