ADVERTISEMENT

BB Season Tx

I was led to believe by this board that everyone, including players and recruits, disliked Capel. He can't coach going back to his days at OU, he is nepotistic, etc. So why would I want to get season tickets?

Is going to take off with the signing of Johnson. He is our best recruit since Adams.

Here is the link for tx if you want to check it out .....

Men's Basketball
No it won't. They are still some of the most expensive in the nation. Great get though and I'm excited. The Pete will still be a ghost town until we start winning. That's just reality.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
We should win 20+ games this season with this team. The Pete will be rocking because we will be winning.
I hope you are right. If we win, people will come back, but it will take sustained winning to sell it out every night. Don't think we'll ever do that again. If we make a run to the First Four, I can see ACC crowds of 9K-10K with your sellout against Duke or maybe a highly ranked rando ACC team on a Saturday.

I hope you are right. If we win, people will come back, but it will take sustained winning to sell it out every night. Don't think we'll ever do that again. If we make a run to the First Four, I can see ACC crowds of 9K-10K with your sellout against Duke or maybe a highly ranked rando ACC team on a Saturday.
I don’t think you’re going to see too many programs, regardless of success, maintain a sellout streak anymore. Just the way it is with TV broadcasts in 4K every game. It’s a big reason why Pitt has done the things they’ve done to improve the arena experience (selling beer in the full arena, the baseline club seats, better wifi, more fan experiences on game day, better scoreboards and upgrades to the physical seats) - you’ve gotta make “coming to a game” an experience to the significantly upgraded product that is “watching the game on TV in 2022” compared to what it was in 2004.

I don’t think you’re going to see too many programs, regardless of success, maintain a sellout streak anymore. Just the way it is with TV broadcasts in 4K every game. It’s a big reason why Pitt has done the things they’ve done to improve the arena experience (selling beer in the full arena, the baseline club seats, better wifi, more fan experiences on game day, better scoreboards and upgrades to the physical seats) - you’ve gotta make “coming to a game” an experience to the significantly upgraded product that is “watching the game on TV in 2022” compared to what it was in 2004.
College basketball attendance is way down everywhere so yea. I wished they'd figure a way to decrease capacity.

College basketball attendance is way down everywhere so yea. I wished they'd figure a way to decrease capacity.
I think if anything you could see them use the curtains on the west upper deck baseline seats (sections 201-204) and leave the sideline upper decks open for the sparsely attended buy games in the non-conference schedule. Would probably drop it close to 10,000 or so, and wouldn’t be weird visually.

I think if anything you could see them use the curtains on the west upper deck baseline seats (sections 201-204) and leave the sideline upper decks open for the sparsely attended buy games in the non-conference schedule. Would probably drop it close to 10,000 or so, and wouldn’t be weird visually.
That is actually a good idea!

The Upper Deck seats should be really cheap to bring back the casual Pitt fan. Run some promotions and advertising to convince people that buying a season ticket package makes more sense than cherry picking the games with the big name schools. The first step is getting people back into the building and people that buy tickets ahead of time are more inclined to use them.

The Upper Deck seats should be really cheap to bring back the casual Pitt fan. Run some promotions and advertising to convince people that buying a season ticket package makes more sense than cherry picking the games with the big name schools. The first step is getting people back into the building and people that buy tickets ahead of time are more inclined to use them.
Bring in youth bb teams to fill the upper areas. Will take come time and effort but will pay off!

Pittsburgh has consistently shown that it will support winning teams that are “major” league playing other “major” league opponents, and that includes Pitt basketball. This was seen in the 00s.

Now, will big crowds be seen for the junk OOC games in December? Not likely. But that’s true for all teams as well. That a “Pittsburgh thing”, not exclusively a Pitt thing. The Steelers don’t even draw as well when they’re not winning big, and they’re playing a team like Detroit (this was seen via many many empty seats in the home game with the Lions last season and more empties than usual in general for the Steelers due to lack of expectations). So it’s not logical to expect a bad, or even good, Pitt team to draw sellouts in December playing UMBC, which yinzers (led by our lazy ignorant sports media) perceive to be a garbage team.

But, play a name opponent in December at home, when the team is good, we’ve proven crowds will come out.

WPA maybe are not the “best” sports fans; we’re great fans for WINNERS. But we’re hardly unique this way.

I was led to believe by this board that everyone, including players and recruits, disliked Capel. He can't coach going back to his days at OU, he is nepotistic, etc. So why would I want to get season tickets?
Still hasn't proved that he can coach. His offensive system is still the "Let um loose Bruce system".

ADVERTISEMENT