ADVERTISEMENT

BC beats ND again; Miami beats VT; Pitt might be done

California Panther

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
BC beats ND again and Miami beat VT in the first game of a DH today, so Pitt's chances keep getting slimmer and slimmer to the point that if they lose today, they will be DONE. They may finish 13th because they have the tie-breaker over VT, but the chances of them finishing 12th and making the tourney appear to be gone unless they can win the last 2 games at #19 Wake..

10-19 BC
10-19 ND
------------------------
9-19 VT
8-20 PITT

BC beats ND again and Miami beat VT in the first game of a DH today, so Pitt's chances keep getting slimmer and slimmer to the point that if they lose today, they will be DONE. They may finish 13th because they have the tie-breaker over VT, but the chances of them finishing 12th and making the tourney appear to be gone unless they can win the last 2 games at #19 Wake..

10-19 BC
10-19 ND
------------------------
9-19 VT
8-20 PITT
Need to beat Wake twice, VT lose 2 more and ND beat BC. Very, very unlikely

2-1 Pitt after 2 innings tonight.

If that happens, Pitt is tied with BC for the 12th and last spot, Pitt and BC didn't play so what is the tie-breaker and who gets in?
11-19 ND
10-20 BC
10-20 PITT
9-21 VT

Or would it better for VT to win one and there be a 3-way tie at 10-20, In the mini-conf Pitt would be 3-0, VT 3-3, and BC 0-3, so Pitt gets in and BC/VT get left out?

2-1 Pitt after 2 innings tonight.

If that happens, Pitt is tied with BC for the 12th and last spot, Pitt and BC didn't play so what is the tie-breaker and who gets in?
11-19 ND
10-20 BC
10-20 PITT
9-21 VT

Or would it better for VT to win one and there be a 3-way tie at 10-20, In the mini-conf Pitt would be 3-0, VT 3-3, and BC 0-3, so Pitt gets in and BC/VT get left out?
I think the Pitt-BC tiebreaker would be best win. I think Pitt would get in with the win over UNC

VT loses! Should be an interesting day tomorrow!

We NEED ND to beat BC
We NEED Miami to beat VT
and most importantly we NEED PITT to win again at #15 WF

Why do we need VT to lose? We hold the tiebreaker over them. I dont think their game matters to us.

Are we sure we have the tiebreaker over BC due to having the best win? If so, we need to win and have ND win and we're in.

Why do we need VT to lose? We hold the tiebreaker over them. I dont think their game matters to us.

I don't think Virginia Tech matters either. In a two way tie for 12th with BC we win because we won one game against North Carolina and BC was swept by them. In a three way tie for 12th with BC, Virginia Tech and us, the three way head to head doesn't count because all the teams didn't play head to head, so again they go to the best win. Virginia Tech did not play Louisville, so they probably don't count, but even if they do both Pitt and BC were swept by Louisville. Both Pitt and Virginia Tech went 1-2 against North Carolina while BC was swept by them. So I believe that would knock out BC and that Pitt would get the spot over Virginia Tech based on our head to head sweep of them.

So I think that if we win and ND beats BC then we are in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT