ADVERTISEMENT

Bears staying in Chicago

happjack

Senior
May 8, 2003
Not too long ago everyone on this board were claiming the Bears flirting with Arlington Heights meant the Steelers would ditch the North Side for Butler or Washington. If they build a dome on this stadium it'll pretty much wipe out Indianapolis as the mid-west spot for Final Fours, College Playoff Finals, B1G Championship and so on.

Reactions: pittdan77
Not too long ago everyone on this board were claiming the Bears flirting with Arlington Heights meant the Steelers would ditch the North Side for Butler or Washington. If they build a dome on this stadium it'll pretty much wipe out Indianapolis as the mid-west spot for Final Fours, College Playoff Finals, B1G Championship and so on.

If they build a dome on this stadium it'll pretty much wipe out Indianapolis as the mid-west spot for Final Fours, College Playoff Finals, B1G Championship and so on....and why is that?

Eh, if a big event had the choice between Indy and Chicago for a huge event, they would probably pick Chicago every time.
Yep. I think both Chicago and Minneapolis would be ahead of them. Both have large airports with hubs, easily-accessible rail systems, and have nice convention centers for complimentary events surrounding the game itself.

Eh, if a big event had the choice between Indy and Chicago for a huge event, they would probably pick Chicago every time.
eh, if the NCAA had headquarters and a long, long history with Chicago I would agree with you...there is a reason that in a land of domes that Indy has 2 of the next five final fours and has hosted it more than any other city the last 40 years...Personally, if I had the choice between taking my family to a big game and it came down between Indy and Chicago I'd take Indy every time...

Reactions: cbpitt2
Yep. I think both Chicago and Minneapolis would be ahead of them. Both have large airports with hubs, easily-accessible rail systems, and have nice convention centers for complimentary events surrounding the game itself.
gee, then why do they pick Indy so often? somehow they were able to get all those folks in for a Super Bowl back in 2012...

gee, then why do they pick Indy so often?
The two most obvious reasons are that A) Chicago didn’t have an indoor venue and B) the Big Ten didn’t stretch coast-to-coast until now. The latter makes Chicago much more attractive since it’s easier to fly in/out of from anywhere in the country.

Also, consider that the B1G has hosted their MBB Tournament almost as many times in Chicago as they have Indy. It’s not crazy to suggest they’d look at CHI for football as well now that they’re getting a dome.

Reactions: pittdan77
eh, if the NCAA had headquarters and a long, long history with Chicago I would agree with you...there is a reason that in a land of domes that Indy has 2 of the next five final fours and has hosted it more than any other city the last 40 years...Personally, if I had the choice between taking my family to a big game and it came down between Indy and Chicago I'd take Indy every time...
The only Midwest city more boring than Indy is St. Louis. Most people want to go somewhere fun and Chicago has a really cool downtown. Dome makes Chicago a player for every major event including the Super Bowl.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
The only Midwest city more boring than Indy is St. Louis. Most people want to go somewhere fun and Chicago has a really cool downtown. Dome makes Chicago a player for every major event including the Super Bowl.
They may get one token Super Bowl but that'll be it. I'm very interested to see what Chicago has planned.

They may get one token Super Bowl but that'll be it. I'm very interested to see what Chicago has planned.
Yeah they’ll get just one Super Bowl but they’d get in the rotation for events like the Final Four, WWE shows like Wrestlemania & SummerSlam, the College playoff final and so on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT