ADVERTISEMENT

Bell as a play caller

PittMan 72

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2001
Very small sample size, of course. But I like that he calls plays spontaneously using his instincts, analysis and evaluation of the defense in real time.

Listened to Bostick on the post game radio driving from the stadium. He claims that Bell scripts nothing. Not even in practice. KB’s schemes and concepts were also interesting to see and I’m sure he’ll build off of what he feels his guys can do best in accordance with what he determines to be weaknesses on the D; personnel and/or deployment.

Lots of stuff needs cleaned up and perfected . No doubt. The OL was shaky at times. Konata dropped a TD and fumbled a punt. Eli had some “oh, no” moments with throws to the outside.

But Bell will learn his personnel. He got the ball to both TE’s. Threw some deep ones. Used combination routes. Got the ball out quick at times. For a first game - even against a heavy underdog opponent - it was pretty encouraging to me.

Next week will be a sterner test for sure. Want to see progress and improvement. The defense is also in need of work. But that’s another topic 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.