ADVERTISEMENT

Bell doing his best Capel

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Total fold job 2 years in a row. Lost 8 of last 9 after appearing in mock brackets. Going back to where the collapse began (NC A&T), this team is 4-10 with only wins vs NC A&T, 2 vs last place Duke, and ND.

Maybe in her next round of coach hirings, Heather will try to hire people who coach full seasons.

I wonder, are you ready to admit yet that your pronouncement that that one loss would be the difference between making the tournament and not making the tournament was completely wrong?

Reactions: bwh05
I wonder, are you ready to admit yet that your pronouncement that that one loss would be the difference between making the tournament and not making the tournament was completely wrong?
Yea, I thought they'd miss it by a game. If only, wow, what a fold job. Really probably one of the worst collapses in Pitt sports history.....and that's 2 years in a row now

Total fold job 2 years in a row. Lost 8 of last 9 after appearing in mock brackets. Going back to where the collapse began (NC A&T), this team is 4-10 with only wins vs NC A&T, 2 vs last place Duke, and ND.

Maybe in her next round of coach hirings, Heather will try to hire people who coach full seasons.
Comparing Bell to Capel is completely moronic. Coaching baseball at a school like Pitt playing in the ACC is significantly more difficult than basketball. But keep spewing your nonsense.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Yea, I thought they'd miss it by a game. If only, wow, what a fold job. Really probably one of the worst collapses in Pitt sports history.....and that's 2 years in a row now

You are an idiot.

Overachieving and then falling back to Earth isn’t “one of the worst collapses in Pitt sports history”.

They don’t have enough pitching and had some terrible injury luck on top of that.

It is what it is. Once again, any year you are on the bubble in April/May at Pitt baseball is a good year.

Pitt baseball is one of the most difficult jobs in the country. Just an absurd post on your part.

Reactions: Ski11585
This guy had Pitt baseball ranked as high as 14th last year.

Let that sink in.....i mean really let it marinate.....

And then consider how even more stupid the OP's post is.

Reactions: Ski11585
Pitt baseball is one of the most difficult jobs in the country. Just an absurd post on your part.
And yet WVU is in the NCAAT conversation like every year. Its a hard job and Bell has done ok but lets not make him out to be a miracle worker. Capel had an unbelievable first few months of his first season all things considered. Then he collapsed. He had a great first few months in his 2nd season, were in mock brackets, and then he collapsed. Exact same with Bell.

The team is built win now with all the transfers so coming up short definitely hurts, but we've definitely been better the last 2 years than we've had in quite some time.

Last edited:
What do they need to make the tourney? Finals appearance? Win it all and secure the auto bid?

The team is built win now with all the transfers so coming up short definitely hurts, but we've definitely been better the last 2 years than we've had in quite some time.
The position players sans injuries were formidable.

We had 2 pitchers. That can never be acceptable?

The position players sans injuries were formidable.

We had 2 pitchers. That can never be acceptable?
We did seem to overload the position players and understaffed the pitchers. I guess some of that was hope that Kennedy and Bautista would be more consistent because they both have talent.

Reactions: gary2
We did seem to overload the position players and understaffed the pitchers. I guess some of that was hope that Kennedy and Bautista would be more consistent because they both have talent.
Yeah, they took a decent handful of guys who could have reasonably projected to be starters - Evans and Dragani out of the portal, Kennedy and Bautista (and the kid from Johnstown) as high schoolers, and returning guys like Devereaux who, maybe, could have made the jump. It wasn’t an awful process to take a bunch of those guys and hope that at least one of them is a weekend starter. As it is, they ended up batting 0-for on getting that one consistent weekend guy, which obviously stinks and is likely going to cost them a regional berth.

SMF doing his best SMF!

heres-a-dollar-i-want-you-to-go-to-the-corner-store-and-buy-yourself-a-clue.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT