ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Roethlisberger Talks About Pitt Volleyball

I like how he calls Pitt "we".
I swear he’s a student at Pitt, or recently finished his degree at Pitt. When he had Jerome on his podcast, Jerome was talking about classes he’s taking at ND, and Ben was talking about Pitt. But he never mentioned it in this clip. Maybe he quit his schooling/didn’t finish? Or maybe he just didn’t care to mention it.

I swear he’s a student at Pitt, or recently finished his degree at Pitt. When he had Jerome on his podcast, Jerome was talking about classes he’s taking at ND, and Ben was talking about Pitt. But he never mentioned it in this clip. Maybe he quit his schooling/didn’t finish? Or maybe he just didn’t care to mention it.

Google says he graduated from Miami U in 2012. I doubt he was going to grad school or taking other classes at Pitt. That was a really good volleyball review by Roethlisberger and fun to listen to. Honestly, its probably the most in-depth analysis of Pitt volleyball that Pittsburgh "media" has done. He did say his girls were playing volleyball and how these games were a family affair so that's kinda what I figured. Seems like a volleyball dad enjoying the local team with his family. Pretty cool. And he's a legit fan. Admits he is still learning the game but has already picked up quite a bit and knows a lot about the team and players. Said they may go down to Tampa.

• Love
Reactions: Chaos
Google says he graduated from Miami U in 2012. I doubt he was going to grad school or taking other classes at Pitt. That was a really good volleyball review by Roethlisberger and fun to listen to. Honestly, its probably the most in-depth analysis of Pitt volleyball that Pittsburgh "media" has done. He did say his girls were playing volleyball and how these games were a family affair so that's kinda what I figured. Seems like a volleyball dad enjoying the local team with his family. Pretty cool. And he's a legit fan. Admits he is still learning the game but has already picked up quite a bit and knows a lot about the team and players. Said they may go down to Tampa.
I’d have to go back and listen to the Jerome broadcast. I’m not sure he graduated from Miami.

Google says he graduated from Miami U in 2012. I doubt he was going to grad school or taking other classes at Pitt. That was a really good volleyball review by Roethlisberger and fun to listen to. Honestly, it’s probably the most in-depth analysis of Pitt volleyball that Pittsburgh "media" has done. He did say his girls were playing volleyball and how these games were a family affair so that's kinda what I figured. Seems like a volleyball dad enjoying the local team with his family. Pretty cool. And he's a legit fan. Admits he is still learning the game but has already picked up quite a bit and knows a lot about the team and players. Said they may go down to Tampa.
Ok. I went back and listened. He said he had to get his degree so that he had cred with his kids. So a degree in 2012 makes sense. He said Miami wanted him to come back and get his degree there, but he told them no he will just get it at Pitt. So he wasn’t exactly clear with where he ended up going. If Google says Miami, then maybe that’s true.

If you want to know how to elevate a program, having someone like a "reformed" Ben Roethlisberger out there supporting you is a great way to do it. I'd be shocked if the school isn't looking to him for donations but also, having someone acting as a mouthpiece for the program who has a broader audience on his own is a great way to take that next step. The fact that he's engaged and legitimately excited about the program makes it that much better.

If you want to know how to elevate a program, having someone like a "reformed" Ben Roethlisberger out there supporting you is a great way to do it. I'd be shocked if the school isn't looking to him for donations but also, having someone acting as a mouthpiece for the program who has a broader audience on his own is a great way to take that next step. The fact that he's engaged and legitimately excited about the program makes it that much better.
Ben's now ADDICTED...just like us! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT