ADVERTISEMENT

Betting

Oct 25, 2021
Anybody do well week one? I lost my only bet, which was a 3-team parlay of Arkansas -6.5 (covered), Kentucky -15 (covered), and Boston College just to win (lost to a D2 school). I definitely need to learn my lesson on the parlays, as my percentages are typically high but even one loss is an overall loss. I also took Miami over for the season (8.5 wins) and Ole Miss over for the season (7.5 wins). Was going to take Georgia under 10.5 until I looked at their schedule... Very weak for the vaunted SEC.

I haven't looked at week two, yet. Anything anyone likes? I'm thinking about laying the points with Tennessee. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

Anybody do well week one? I lost my only bet, which was a 3-team parlay of Arkansas -6.5 (covered), Kentucky -15 (covered), and Boston College just to win. I definitely need to learn my lesson on the parlays, as my percentages are typically high but even one loss is an overall loss. I also took Miami over for the season (8.5 wins) and Ole Miss over for the season (7.5 wins). Was going to take Georgia inder 10.5 until I looked at their schedule... Very weak for the vaunted SEC.

I haven't looked at week two, yet. Anything anyone likes? I'm thinking about laying the points with Tennessee. I just have a bad feeling about this one.
I took ND +9.5 for the halftime line. That included a boost on DK. I haven’t looked into the lines for this week yet.

I took ND +9.5 for the halftime line. That included a boost on DK. I haven’t looked into the lines for this week yet.

Holy hell; that Tennessee line is up to -7 on there. Very initial glance, but Duke getting 10.5 against Northwestern in the Nerd Bowl could be a play, as could Virginia getting 5 at Illinois.

I took Kansas plus 14, WV didn't look great to me and I'm not sure how they will bounce back from the Pitt game. Last year was a close game WV won by 6.

I got Duke plus 10.5, that just seems like way to many points to me, i'm not sold on NW despite their win against Nebraska.

My favorite bet is BC plus 3.5, 2 mediocre teams here, but I'm getting the team that I feel has a much better QB along with 3.5 points.

I took Kansas plus 14, WV didn't look great to me and I'm not sure how they will bounce back from the Pitt game. Last year was a close game WV won by 6.

I got Duke plus 10.5, that just seems like way to many points to me, i'm not sold on NW despite their win against Nebraska.

My favorite bet is BC plus 3.5, 2 mediocre teams here, but I'm getting the team that I feel has a much better QB along with 3.5 points.

I agree on BC being enticing. My only concern is that their o-line absolutely sucks and VT typically is solid up front.

I actually lean the other way on the WVU game. You could very well be right, but I could see them winning 35-21 or something (the line is 13 on DK).

Any thoughts on the Clemson game tonight? 23.5 is a lot of points, but I could see them being up 21-0 early in the second quarter. I know GT played them tough last year, but I don't see them having a ton of success moving the ball.

I like Georgia Tech tonight. Clemson can't score with their current QB. Unless he gwts tanked early I think it will be closer than 3 TDs. I think WVU is a good pick too. They will take a lot of solace in playing a tight game with a ranked Pitt.

I like Georgia Tech tonight. Clemson can't score with their current QB. Unless he gwts tanked early I think it will be closer than 3 TDs. I think WVU is a good pick too. They will take a lot of solace in playing a tight game with a ranked Pitt.

I admit I have no idea what Kansas has. But it seems like WVU has some weapons on offense and is decent in the trenches. I don't like them to win more than 6 or 7 games, but... it's freaking Kansas.

GT scares me because even if Clemson's QB play continues to suck it does seem like their running game came to life late last season. No doubt a lot of points, though.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
I don't really like anybody in tonight's game, but if i had to bet on it I would take the points.

After watching Clemsons offense last year their is no way I can lay 23 points until I see their offense inprove.

Clemson scored 14 points at home last year against GT who had a terrible defense, maybe Uiagalelei and their offense figures things out and they blow them out, but i have to see it to believe it.

I don't really like anybody in tonight's game, but if i had to bet on it I would take the points.

After watching Clemsons offense last year their is no way I can lay 23 points until I see their offense inprove.

Clemson scored 14 points at home last year against GT who had a terrible defense, maybe Uiagalelei and their offense figures things out and they blow them out, but i have to see it to believe it.

I'd probably take the points if I had to. But I could see Clemson winning like 31-3 in a game where it never seems like their offense is dominant or anything but they still score enough to cover. I won't be betting on it, though, because I just don't have a good feel either way.

Reactions: cheesedanish9999
Anybody do well week one? I lost my only bet, which was a 3-team parlay of Arkansas -6.5 (covered), Kentucky -15 (covered), and Boston College just to win (lost to a D2 school). I definitely need to learn my lesson on the parlays, as my percentages are typically high but even one loss is an overall loss. I also took Miami over for the season (8.5 wins) and Ole Miss over for the season (7.5 wins). Was going to take Georgia under 10.5 until I looked at their schedule... Very weak for the vaunted SEC.

Pitt-Tennessee over 59.5 points...a gimme.

This week’s games were a good reminder to me of why I stopped betting on sports when I was still in my late 20s. I would’ve lost my ass.

It's 65.5 though.
Not when I looked, but it really doesn't matter whether it's 59.5 or 65.5, because that game will a high scoring game. I think Pitt is going to win the game and I am counting on Tennessee to put up at least 35 points. If Pitt is going to win as I stated, that means that Cignetti will take the reins off of Slovis and let the Pitt offense play do its thing and score at least 38 points.

Reactions: FireballZ
Been doing this for almost 30 years. Actually going to put up something on youtube soon but won't make it this week. i use the same formula that my Italian boss from Bloomfield told me about in the 90s... (u can connect the dots) I look at each game and there are 14 games that predicted a winner using this formula:
arkansas, northwestern, k state, miami, bama, wake, nd, wash st, tenn, air force, iowa st, cal, uconn, florida. i put the same amount on each game and win more than lose, nothing is 100% fool proof.

On my ridiculous 15 leg parlay to celebrate the new CFB season, 5 dollars to win 1,000, I went 13 for 15. So pretty good seeing the board but of course, no winnings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT