Block Party tonight

ThePanthers

Head Coach
May 4, 2009
Busy night up on the hill.

Womens Soccer
Volleyball
Mens Soccer

All right in a row. They have giveaways for he students and free food and beverages as well until supplies last for them.

Should be a great time. I'm hoping to make it down there with my kids for maybe the volleyball and soccer. I won't be able to get off work to get there in time for womens soccer.

Busy night up on the hill.

Womens Soccer
Volleyball
Mens Soccer

All right in a row. They have giveaways for he students and free food and beverages as well until supplies last for them.

Should be a great time. I'm hoping to make it down there with my kids for maybe the volleyball and soccer. I won't be able to get off work to get there in time for womens soccer.

Women's soccer at 5, Volleyball at 7, Men's soccer at 8. Pretty cool. Volleyball and Men's soccer both playing ranked teams.

Hopefully, Pitt soccer can develop some type of student section

DlaAiC7UYAA9PI6.jpg:large

I didn't get to go but watched it on watchESPN. They did the no-announcer, 1 camera broadcast. My son asked me if someone was recording on their phone (he was serious). But actually, it wasnt a terrible way to watch if you are interested. I was surprised.

The 2 teams were pretty even. Pitt probably had more possession, Colgate had more shots and shots on goal I think. Pitt had a great 5-10 minutes where they should have scored a couple goals and then Colgate caught them on a quick counter.

Overall, I would say Pitt just didn't create enough chances. The play in the final third was lacking. Considering they only beat 2 terrible programs (Duq and PSU) 1-0 each, kinda makes you wonder if this will be a trend though I realize those were exhibitions. The back line looked solid however.

Pitt out shot them 11 to 7. 6 of Pitt's shots were on goal, as opposed to 2 of Colgate's.

An example of why I don't like soccer much at all. Too much random chance involved in low-scoring matches decided by a single goal.

I get that but that is really the beauty of the game. If you really have a team you root for, you are on edge the entire match because 1 goal could decide it. Its not like that in any other sport.

Reactions: jctrack
I get that but that is really the beauty of the game. If you really have a team you root for, you are on edge the entire match because 1 goal could decide it. Its not like that in any other sport.
Yes. But you have to have a team to root for. That’s the problem. Average Americans and yinzers will never understand the nuances of the game that make it great.

RMU woman played Ohio U the other night. I know many of the players on both sides so I checked the box score. Ohio U outshot RMU 22-1, but needed an OT goal to win 1-0. Only in soccer do you see this kind of dominance not result in a convincing win.

Yes. But you have to have a team to root for. That’s the problem. Average Americans and yinzers will never understand the nuances of the game that make it great.

RMU woman played Ohio U the other night. I know many of the players on both sides so I checked the box score. Ohio U outshot RMU 22-1, but needed an OT goal to win 1-0. Only in soccer do you see this kind of dominance not result in a convincing win.

That's precisely why I am not excited about the sport. I like my teams in any sport to dominate and crush their opponents. It's the American Way!

Kinda like Pitt/PSU men last year. Its a different game. You could dominate a team for 90 minutes and lose. That's part of the beauty but I understand why people wouldn't like that.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT