ADVERTISEMENT

Blog links Clemson, FSU, Ohio State, Michigan to SEC

Not sure which side(s) the interest is coming from. How legitimate is Outkick?
Lol. The SEC will NEVER add FSU and Clemson. Duplicate markets and Florida and South Carolina won't let them. They will be listened to unlike A&M and Mizzou.

And the SEC has a better shot of landing the Patriots/Brady dynasty than OSU or Michigan

If the SEC seriously is exploring adding Clemson, FSU, Michigan, and OSU they aren't going to care about the markets they add, but rather big-time football brands. They'll get a lot more eyeballs offering huge matchups each week as opposed to some mediocre football school in a new market.

If the SEC seriously is exploring adding Clemson, FSU, Michigan, and OSU they aren't going to care about the markets they add, but rather big-time football brands. They'll get a lot more eyeballs offering huge matchups each week as opposed to some mediocre football school in a new market.
Then only twenty schools will care about football within ten years.

Then only twenty schools will care about football within ten years.
This isnt true but why would there have to an SEC? Can we please get this NFL Minor League set up officially so we can all stop watching the joke of a sport of college football. Here, I'll do all the work:

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Auburn
Tennessee
LSU
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Florida State
Clemson
Miami
USC
Oregon

There's your 20. Have a blast. Seriously. I won't watch 1 second but tell me how it goes.

I wished our lawmakers would grow a pair and start taxing the living sh!t out of these "non-profits."

This isnt true but why would there have to an SEC? Can we please get this NFL Minor League set up officially so we can all stop watching the joke of a sport of college football. Here, I'll do all the work:

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Auburn
Tennessee
LSU
Texas
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Florida State
Clemson
Miami
USC
Oregon

There's your 20. Have a blast. Seriously. I won't watch 1 second but tell me how it goes.

I wished our lawmakers would grow a pair and start taxing the living sh!t out of these "non-profits."
Agree but I think they will eventually be a few more as that's to much of the country not represented. My guess is they go somewhere between 32 and 40. It may include some schools you don't expect like bc. As they will be the only team included in the entire ne

Just don't see ACC compromised for WVU , it's almost out there that it is not happening, we shall see next week

Just don't see ACC compromised for WVU , it's almost out there that it is not happening, we shall see next week
You may very well be right. Think about it; in the last go-around of realignment, WVU football was coming off multiple conference champions and BCS bowl wins and WVU basketball had recently been to the Final Four. If that wasn’t enough to get an ACC invitation then, what would’ve changed between then and now?

You may very well be right. Think about it; in the last go-around of realignment, WVU football was coming off multiple conference champions and BCS bowl wins and WVU basketball had recently been to the Final Four. If that wasn’t enough to get an ACC invitation then, what would’ve changed between then and now?
That stuff didn’t mean anything then. WVU position is MUCH better than it was due to our significant upgrade in hoops and football facilities (both practice facilities are incredible and the stadium upgrades as well). Coliseum even with very nice upgrades.

The issue is that WVU simply won’t move the needle alone for a conference to add them. It just won’t.

WVU will be positioned better than many (not all programs) programs in B1G, PAC and ACC, and Miss St and Vandy once conference model evaporates. The XII money was SO critical. Otherwise, we are Cincy.

Long term we will be fine because Rutgers, Vandy, Wake and many others aren’t going to get their wish that the conference model with equal revenue sharing is reasonable to the elite programs.

Not sure which side(s) the interest is coming from. How legitimate is Outkick?
And I’m “interested” in becoming a member at Oakmont and/or Fox Chapel
Country Clubs.

They’re all big names obviously. But any team can express interest. The internet is great but it’s made it too easy for too many people to have a platform. And sometimes it’s not easy to separate real news/scoop from click bait artists.

The other schools the ACC wanted are no longer on the table.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
That stuff didn’t mean anything then. WVU position is MUCH better than it was due to our significant upgrade in hoops and football facilities (both practice facilities are incredible and the stadium upgrades as well). Coliseum even with very nice upgrades.

The issue is that WVU simply won’t move the needle alone for a conference to add them. It just won’t.

WVU will be positioned better than many (not all programs) programs in B1G, PAC and ACC, and Miss St and Vandy once conference model evaporates. The XII money was SO critical. Otherwise, we are Cincy.

Long term we will be fine because Rutgers, Vandy, Wake and many others aren’t going to get their wish that the conference model with equal revenue sharing is reasonable to the elite programs.
Neither will wvu. When that goes down it won't include wvu or Pitt.

Part of the beauty of college football is you have 130 teams with a theoretical shot to win a NC or at least have a good enough season to land a big bowl game which for those fans is like a National Championship. These brainiacs are going to find out really quickly when you eliminate 100 of those teams, ratings and interest are going to drop.

Part of the beauty of college football is you have 130 teams with a theoretical shot to win a NC or at least have a good enough season to land a big bowl game which for those fans is like a National Championship. These brainiacs are going to find out really quickly when you eliminate 100 of those teams, ratings and interest are going to drop.
Well, if it blows up in their faces, they’re going to make a heckuva lot of money in the process! :oops:

Lol. The SEC will NEVER add FSU and Clemson. Duplicate markets and Florida and South Carolina won't let them. They will be listened to unlike A&M and Mizzou.

And the SEC has a better shot of landing the Patriots/Brady dynasty than OSU or Michigan
The SEC doesn't give a flip about what South Carolina or Florida think.

The SEC basically destroyed the entire brand of Big 12 football with the addition of OU & Texas. The addition of Clemson & FSU would create more great matches and severely cripple the ACC. It's a move that just makes sense.

The SEC doesn't give a flip about what South Carolina or Florida think.

The SEC basically destroyed the entire brand of Big 12 football with the addition of OU & Texas. The addition of Clemson & FSU would create more great matches and severely cripple the ACC. It's a move that just makes sense.
The agreement between inter-conference foes intra-state between SEC/ACC has now been broken. Nothing to stop SEC from going after Tech, State and Clemson....if it wants to do so. I still think it makes more sense for B1G.

If the SEC takes Clemson, FSU, NCST, Virginia Tech, in addition to OU and Texas, does Pitt make it in the B1G expansion if they go to 20-24?

Four subdivisions of 6?

And I’m “interested” in becoming a member at Oakmont and/or Fox Chapel
Country Clubs.

They’re all big names obviously. But any team can express interest. The internet is great but it’s made it too easy for too many people to have a platform. And sometimes it’s not easy to separate real news/scoop from click bait artists.
I agree. You have way too big a platform now.

Agree wholeheartedly. Hopefully the SEC does as well.

The agreement between inter-conference foes intra-state between SEC/ACC has now been broken. Nothing to stop SEC from going after Tech, State and Clemson....if it wants to do so. I still think it makes more sense for B1G.
It was an unwritten rule that if a member school did not want an in-state school to be admitted, they wouldn't be. While yes, that unwritten rule has been broken as Texas is being admitted even though A&M doesn't want it, there are major ******* which dont apply to FSU/Clemson

* Texas A&M hasnt even been in the league 10 years
* Texas Longhorn football is one of maybe the Top 15 sports brands in the USA....in all sports pro and college and the richest program in college football. FSU and Clemson they are not.
* The admission of Texas makes the league boatloads of new money and further opens Texas recruiting doors.as the Big 12 is now dead for all intents and purposes. The SEC already "owns" Florida recruiting and SC recruiting...they aint much there.

I think ACC and B12 might be done as football power conferences. I think ACC football schools end up in B10 or SEC and ACC becomes a power basketball conference like the Big East is now. The ACC will stay play football but it will not be as big as basketball. And they will sign a basketball tv deal similar to the deal the big East has Fox with either Fox or NBC. Question will be them whether Pitt moves to an expanded B10 or if not goes to G5 conference like AAC or stay with a basketball centric ACC and deemphasize football altogether.

ADVERTISEMENT