ADVERTISEMENT

Board Moderation

Well, we had a losing season last year with a substantially more talented team than we will have this season.

So, no.
The "more talented players" were gone either way. They're irrelevant to the discussion of next year (other than Cam). What would be relevant to next year are the less talented kids who aren't here anymore. None of which were going to have any impact.

The "more talented players" were gone either way. They're irrelevant to the discussion of next year (other than Cam). What would be relevant to next year are the less talented kids who aren't here anymore. None of which were going to have any impact.
They are relevant when discussing what level of talent is needed for stallings to be successful at Pitt.

If the aggregate talent level last year resulted in a losing season and not even being eligible for the NiT- the recruiting to date is setting off alarm bells

Reactions: levance2
They are relevant when discussing what level of talent is needed for stallings to be successful at Pitt.

If the aggregate talent level last year resulted in a losing season and not even being eligible for the NiT- the recruiting to date is setting off alarm bells
What is setting off alarm bells is you judging the type of talent that is needed to be successful at Pitt, based on last year and Jamie's dysfunctional turds. These kids never played as team first players, even when Jamie was here. Did it ever occur to you that kids with lesser talent to some degree, can be more effective when they come together and play for eachother and the school name on the jersey instead of the individual name on their backs? Sure we would all like to see better talent, but your anti-STALLINGS agenda is quite clear.

Has Stallings been bad to this point? Well, hell yes. However, things could change. Lets see how the 2018 class looks before throwing in the towel. One thing is clear, you have no idea what kind of players Pitt needs to win if you are basing anything off of last season!

What is setting off alarm bells is you judging the type of talent that is needed to be successful at Pitt, based on last year and Jamie's dysfunctional turds. These kids never played as team first players, even when Jamie was here. Did it ever occur to you that kids with lesser talent to some degree, can be more effective when they come together and play for eachother and the school name on the jersey instead of the individual name on their backs? Sure we would all like to see better talent, but your anti-STALLINGS agenda is quite clear.

Has Stallings been bad to this point? Well, hell yes. However, things could change. Lets see how the 2018 class looks before throwing in the towel. One thing is clear, you have no idea what kind of players Pitt needs to win if you are basing anything off of last season!
We also have 17 years at vandy, where 10 times he failed to make the dance .

2018 class means throwing in the Towel for the few years, minimally

Let me guess: didn't go to Pitt, considers Kennywood a vacation spot and fish sammies a delicacy?

There is a difference between constructive criticism and having an agenda detrimental to the program's future. There aren't many that are happy with the current state, but Stallings is going nowhere until at least March 2019, so rooting for failure like the people I called out, means that you are rooting against Pitt.
Yeah you are right Kennywood is a vacation spot and no fish sammie isn't for me.

I don't have an agenda detrimental to the program. I just don't like Stallings. I didn't like him when I followed him at Vanderbilt and I don't like him here at Pitt.
Sorry I will wait till he is gone to root for Pitt basketball again. I have watched the program since the early 70's and it is my right to express my opinion. If you don't like it so be it. Grow up This is a free country and we are allowed to express our feelings? Am I right?

Nope, they are in no way relevant to next year. The only players relevant are the players who could be on the team next year.

Next years team was going to be devoid of talent without a blue blood type of recruiting class. Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that wasn't going to happen.

Faux outrage at the roster! Why not.

Nope, they are in no way relevant to next year. The only players relevant are the players who could be on the team next year.

Next years team was going to be devoid of talent without a blue blood type of recruiting class. Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that wasn't going to happen.

Faux outrage at the roster! Why not.
So- what Stallings has done with talent in the past is not relevant?

Interesting

I initially replied to your post that Stallings destroyed the roster this year. Try to keep up rather than change the subject.

You have no idea if he destroyed it or improved it. It was already a mess and devoid of talent.
Then a simple question is, how many more games will we win now, than if we kept nix and manigalt to have 13 players?

You understand we have unused scholarships still, and recruiting over and having depth is not a bad thing.
Presuming they are better

Reactions: levance2
Then a simple question is, how many more games will we win now, than if we kept nix and manigalt to have 13 players?

You understand we have unused scholarships still, and recruiting over and having depth is not a bad thing.
ZERO

We'll have a better idea when the they are done with the roster. I'll wait to pass judgement rather than make assumptions on incomplete information. I saw Nix and Manigault play. I'm not concerned with trying to replace them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT