ADVERTISEMENT

Boeheim beats Pitt

Pete108K11

Scholarship
Feb 9, 2016
And I don't mean Boeheim the younger

Pitt has played them twice a year it seems since I started watching Pitt basketball, Boeheim would have coached the most games against Pitt.
They always seem to have a guy like Battle who scores on us. Why not try the Box and One?

Yesterday Boeheim did not have the Cuse press, something they often used to do in the Dome, maybe a nod to X, maybe to save Howard's ankle. And they ran back door cuts, something Boeheim must have added in the second half. Otherwise the result was as expected Cuse takes open threes off picks while Pitt launches threes when it finds no other options.

I blame the guards on those close quarters passes and not Brown, too much pace on those passes, without even mentioning three balls passed into the stands

Reactions: jcpitt
Pitt has had Boheim's number for the better part of the past 12 seasons. (Refer to Jamie Dixon's record against Boheim.)

Pitt was beaten yesterday by a more experienced, more athletic team. This was the first time that this particular Pitt team played against the 2-3 in the dome. It takes some getting used to, since it's such a different look. Capel and his staff will have them better prepared next time, simply due to the fact that the squad has now had a first-hand experience. Boheim didn't do anything extraordinary...he always does exactly the same thing and it's that consistency that always make Syracuse tough to beat.

With that said, there's no reason to hang blame on any particular part of the team. The game result is a statement of where Pitt is at this moment in time.

Pitt is still a few players away from having the ability to execute consistently agains top flight competition. The foundation is there with the freshmen guards, but the need for a "big" and couple of stretch forwards is evident to everyone. Help will be on the way starting next season.

For now, I'm going to continue enjoying this team and the way they battle. I'm still hoping for a total of 8 ACC wins, although anything more than 4 should be considered a wild success IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT