ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl projections last week

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
I posted each monday...excited at the prospects of playing a bigger bowl vs a solid team

But I just dont seem to care this week

ESPN: Pitt Navy Military
ESPN: Pitt Appalachian state in the Belk bowl

Reactions: bubba31
Jerry Palm: Pitt vs. Indiana Pinstripe
Joe Giglio: Military
Brett McMurphy: Pitt vs. Illinois Pinstripe
24/7: Pitt vs. Michigan State Pinstripe

Joe giglio seems to always hate Pitt,he had us pinned for Detroit 2 years

Had Pitt finishing 3-5 in the ACC at the start of the year. Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't seem as connected or in the know when it comes to bowl predictions as he acts.

I’ll take the Pinstripe or Belk right about now.

I don’t think Pitt can beat any of the potential opponents meaning it could be another year ending with 3 losses.
Same as last year - ended with 3 loses.
Year before that 1-2.
Seems like a trend.

Bleacher somehow predicts Pitt vs Michigan (not Michigan st) in the Pinstripe.
Although unlikely, that should be a game that would bring out Pitt fans in likely a no lose situation, playing a blue blood who’s not necessarily having a down year. That could be a game, in the slight chance that Pitt won, would make the offseason a lot more positive.
Unlikely to happen though.

I don’t think Pitt can beat any of the potential opponents meaning it could be another year ending with 3 losses.
Same as last year - ended with 3 loses.
Year before that 1-2.
Seems like a trend.

A bad trend.
The team builds momentum and hits a wall for the last few games.
Athletes and teams train to peak at key times.
Miami, VT ,& BC should have been that time.

Pitt-Michigan State makes sense because it creates a storyline in an otherwise mediocre game. They don't always follow storylines for bowl games, but I'd be pretty intrigued with that game.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
If we get any B1G team we beat them handily in my opinion. Look what we did against PSU and we played our worst game of the season. I'll take an easy dub over MSU (or ILL & IND)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT