ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon George - position switch

May 6, 2017
I'd personally like to see him move to TE/FB.

I think he has really good hands, balance, power, strength, etc.

I don't think he has the twitch/burst to start at LB.

Reactions: singregardless
He looks dazed and confused out there at LB. But we've actually played him at FB a fair amount, too, and he didn't really look noticeably great there either. I don't know; hopefully something clicks for him in the off-season. I'm not sure if it's strictly mental or what.

I think he was everyone's pick for an under the radar player that would produce here... to the point where he wasn't much of an underdog at all.

He looks like a guy who will be decent as a RS Junior and Senior. He was/is not ready to play right now though, and that showed every time he was on the field.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
I agree...he could be the guy at Fullback/H back. If he had a full offseason to prepare for the position switch, I think he would be all right.
Hope this happens. He would add a new element to the offense.

I never expect much from a kid until there JR or RSJR. Rare occasion a wr or rb will step right in. Kid will be fine in time

Being athletic is great but often it's whats between the ears ends up being more important.
I believe i read he was a 3.5 - 4.0 student. Was not in LB room as a true freshman and think he was calling the defense this year. When he was in game.
Mike calls everything in Pitts D

At what position other then. Wr or rb?

More than you may think over the years. I’ll just give you 2 examples from last years team. Dennis made 3rd team All ACC. Kancey was first team frosh All American.

At what position other then. Wr or rb?

Twyman was a beast as a redshirt sophomore. Whitehead was pretty damn good as a true freshman. Aston was doing it by his redshirt freshman, sophomore at the latest, year. As were Brian O'Neill, Johnson, and Bisnowaty. Ford's best year was as a redshirt sophomore. Dennis and Kancey are mentioned below. Mathis and Pinnock both began contributing as true freshmen and were pretty solid the next year. Weaver showed flashes and I believe started as a redshirt freshman. Morrissey has been our best lineman and had been starting since he was a redshirt freshman. Cam Bright had a really good year as a redshirt sophomore. Hamlin was pretty solid as a true sophomore. Jones was contributing in the delta package as a redshirt freshman. I could go on for the rest of the year, probably.

I actually think it's more rare for a really good player to not do some good things on the field and contribute heavily before he is a junior.

Reactions: cashisking884
Twyman was a beast as a redshirt sophomore. Whitehead was pretty damn good as a true freshman. Aston was doing it by his redshirt freshman, sophomore at the latest, year. As were Brian O'Neill, Johnson, and Bisnowaty. Ford's best year was as a redshirt sophomore. Dennis and Kancey are mentioned below. Mathis and Pinnock both began contributing as true freshmen and were pretty solid the next year. Weaver showed flashes and I believe started as a redshirt freshman. Morrissey has been our best lineman and had been starting since he was a redshirt freshman. Cam Bright had a really good year as a redshirt sophomore. Hamlin was pretty solid as a true sophomore. Jones was contributing in the delta package as a redshirt freshman. I could go on for the rest of the year, probably.

I actually think it's more rare for a really good player to not do some good things on the field and contribute heavily before he is a junior.

Yep. Most players that are really good have at least flashed by their junior season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT