ADVERTISEMENT

Breakout Off/Def player 2018

kma0043

Junior
Nov 30, 2014
Looking for everyone’s thoughts for offensive and defensive breakout Pitt players for this coming year. My picks:
Offense- Aaron Mathews. Big frame. Could become prime target for Pickett.
Defense- Dane Jackson. Thought he did well on the island at CB. Should be at least 2nd team ACC this season.

Thoughts?

Am I allowed to pick Paris Ford for both sides? :p

In all seriousness, I’ll go with Pickett and Jackson, with Ford being the wild card on defense and Charles Reeves the wild card on offense. I like the Matthews pick. If he ends up being the breakout star on offense, it probably means Pickett did good, too.

Defense- Patrick Jones II was an absolute monster at the spring game.

Offense- Alex Kessman showed he had a HUGE leg last year. This year he really becomes a weapon.

Not to be antagonistic but Dane Jackson already broke out
Well in a way yes, but what I was meaning by breaking out is a player becoming one of the best players on their side of the ball, winning ACC honors etc.

Offense: Michael Smith (Torches the NitWits with 3 TDs)

Defense: Quinton Wirginis (The Leader of the Pack of the ACC's Top Defensive Unit)

Coaches: Shawn Watson (Who gets to run his offense schemes tailored to this team's strengths and not Matt Canada's that was tailored to a different skill set)

Not to be antagonistic but Dane Jackson already broke out
Agree-same with Pickett.

I like P. Ford as an impact guy right away, maybe on both sides of the ball and in the return game.

Wirginis--not sure he still qualifiers as breakout, but he has never been a starter or healthy so we will get to see the real McCoy this year.

One of the receivers should become a breakout player, and we need one of them to. Maybe Matthews, maybe Tre Tipton who the coaches love and who was poised for big reps, but has never been healthy at Pitt.

Reactions: bobfree
I like Wirginis or Weaver on Defense
On offense I'll go with Drake, but Davis could also do some damage. A lot of these young guys are in a position to step up.

I hope you're right because if that's generally the only time that Ford is on the field, we may be in for a really special season!
O: Tre Tipton

D: Paris Ford. I believe that he will be starting at one of the safety positions right out of the gate. I haven't been this excited about a kid wearing the Pitt uniform in a longtime. He could help make this season very special!

Reactions: FireballZ
O: Tre Tipton

D: Paris Ford. I believe that he will be starting at one of the safety positions right out of the gate. I haven't been this excited about a kid wearing the Pitt uniform in a longtime. He could help make this season very special!
I can see him being the ACC freshman of the year. He DOMINATED kids in high school, I don't see that changing in the ACC.

I'll go with TIPTON and CAMPBELL. I LOVED the way Campbell looked last year!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT