ADVERTISEMENT

Bring on the fans at Heinz Field

superstein61a

Senior
Mar 31, 2019
Old Wolf rebuked again by the courts

Rejecting the state’s request for a stay, the judge said Tuesday that state officials failed to explain why they have allowed commercial businesses to operate at a percentage of their capacity — meaning hundreds of shoppers inside a large store, for example — while capping numerical attendance at social, political, cultural and other gatherings.

Rejecting the state’s request for a stay, the judge said Tuesday that state officials failed to explain why they have allowed commercial businesses to operate at a percentage of their capacity — meaning hundreds of shoppers inside a large store, for example — while capping numerical attendance at social, political, cultural and other gatherings.
That's a question I had in another thread about the 25 person limit indoors - at a Wal-Mart with more than 25 employees.

Since the fed judge refused to stay his order pending an appeal wolfs restrictions imdoorcand outdoor are not unenforceable. Will steelers pitt allow fans to attend

We could probably get 15k there without much risk. Just don’t be jagoffs. Don’t be dicks about masks. Sit kind of like Clemson did.

And yeah, people will joke that it’s about 1/2 of what would have showed up anyway. But I think we can do it

Reactions: panther.fan

I never agreed with places like Home Depot to be allowed to be open. As for Wal-Mart and Target, I always said that only their life sustaining sections should have been allowed to be open (like food). You shouldn't have been allowed in the clothes, toys, video game sections. Michigan did this and PA should have so that part came back to bite Wolf. I can see the logic of him allowing 26 people in the Wal-Mart video game section but not at HS volleyball game.

Where are your seats ?

I never agreed with places like Home Depot to be allowed to be open. As for Wal-Mart and Target, I always said that only their life sustaining sections should have been allowed to be open (like food). You shouldn't have been allowed in the clothes, toys, video game sections. Michigan did this and PA should have so that part came back to bite Wolf. I can see the logic of him allowing 26 people in the Wal-Mart video game section but not at HS volleyball game.

Why? What's been the problem with them being open? Answer, nothing. We have plenty of data and experience to show that nothing has happened in places where people "mostly" act responsible. How many times do I have to repeat that EVERYONE IS OUT AND ABOUT and somehow there's no mass spread. Stop with this shutdown nonsense because it's not going to happen again.

This is only temporary.

It will be appealed to the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, so they may decide to act on it quickly. I believe it is a random draw of 3 judges and then if Wolf is not satisfied he can appeal to the entire Court. (Any lawyers feel free to correct me.)

It's possible the 3 judges can overturn the ruling. Like I said though it all depends how quickly they choose to review it.

Actually if you read the entire 60+ page decision there is a lot more than what Wolf did/did not do with Walmart as the reason for his original decision.

No hardware stores open? Yeah, heaven forbid you have leaky toilet. Let that son of a bitch run for what.... 7 months now? Leak in the roof? Buying filters for your furnace or AC? Lawn mower broke down and can't cut the grass? How does one live life for 7 months without a trip to a hardware store? Maybe I am just unlucky, but would love to go just a month without that luxury.

This is only temporary.

It will be appealed to the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, so they may decide to act on it quickly. I believe it is a random draw of 3 judges and then if Wolf is not satisfied he can appeal to the entire Court. (Any lawyers feel free to correct me.)

It's possible the 3 judges can overturn the ruling. Like I said though it all depends how quickly they choose to review it.

Correct

The judge can be overturned with a 2-1 ruling in the 3rd circuit.

Over 200,000 Covid 19 deaths so far with projections of 410,000 deaths by years end.

The US has 4% of the Global Population but 20% of the Global Deaths due to Covid 19.

The US has the best Health Care Systems/Research (50% of all Nobel Prizes were awarded to United States scientists) in the world.

?????

Stay safe!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Panther Holla
Correct

The judge can be overturned with a 2-1 ruling in the 3rd circuit.

Over 200,000 Covid 19 deaths so far with projections of 410,000 deaths by years end.

The US has 4% of the Global Population but 20% of the Global Deaths due to Covid 19.

The US has the best Health Care Systems/Research (50% of all Nobel Prizes were awarded to United States scientists) in the world.

?????

Stay safe!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Did you get your stats from the people referenced in this article?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...rom-tiny-air-particles/ar-BB19g3ZJ?li=BBnb7Kz

Well, as long as you say it.

Reactions: Hardslider21
Why? This is a pandemic, not punishment. You just seem to want people to be as miserable as possible. Are you a sadist?

Why? What's been the problem with them being open?
200K Americans are dead and its mostly due to the US never shutting down like Europe did so yea, there's a pretty big problem with those places being open. Wolf dropped the ball there. Toys weren't needed during a pandemic
Buy them online.

No hardware stores open? Yeah, heaven forbid you have leaky toilet. Let that son of a bitch run for what.... 7 months now? Leak in the roof? Buying filters for your furnace or AC? Lawn mower broke down and can't cut the grass? How does one live life for 7 months without a trip to a hardware store? Maybe I am just unlucky, but would love to go just a month without that luxury.

Curbside pickup. And fixing a leaky toilet isnt life sustaining.

200K Americans are dead and its mostly due to the US never shutting down like Europe did so yea, there's a pretty big problem with those places being open. Wolf dropped the ball there. Toys weren't needed during a pandemic
Buy them online.
We will see. Looks like Europe is have a resurgence. Herd immunity will likely be the ‘end’ of this. In which case all efforts beyond keeping the hospitals running will have been harmful.

Reactions: superstein61a
In Michigan hardware stores both big and small were allowed to stay open during the lockdown. All of the crying and I mean actual crying from the right wingers was because only the food and cleaning supply sections of mega stores like Walmart & Meijer were allowed to be open, things like the garden section or the clothing section had to be closed. This was only during the lockdown and since mid-May mega stores were able to open all up and by June malls were open again, this was due the curve being flattened and a Governor who made hard but correct decisions when all of this started.

• Haha
Reactions: ONGB and FireballZ
We will see. Looks like Europe is have a resurgence. Herd immunity will likely be the ‘end’ of this. In which case all efforts beyond keeping the hospitals running will have been harmful.

Their "resurgence" is nothing like what we're seeing here. Germany, France, UK, and Italy combined for like 100 deaths this weekend. USA: 950. Those countries are also getting ahead of it and re-closing things. They dont tolerate death like Americans

I have to laugh at the people talking about Herd Immunity as an answer.

Herd Immunity requires 70% of the population to become infected with Covid 19.

Projections are that to have Herd Immunity in the US will result in the deaths of 2,000,000 to 4,000,000 citizens.

Safe and effective vaccines and therapeutics are the solutions to this problem.

Stay Safe!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Buy them online.

I'll ask you again, where is the mass spread from Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, and Lowes being open? Do you hide in your basement or do you actually go out and see that EVERYONE IS OUT and there is no mass spread.

I'm not going to get into the 200k number. There are so many conflicting opinions on this, and reasons why the number is where it is. Most of the deaths happened during the shutdown, for reasons most people know. Yeah, old people in hospice care or very sick are going to die if they get this. I get that. They're likely to die from a lot of things. You don't shut down the economy because of it. They would be the first to tell you that.

I'll ask you again, where is the mass spread from Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, and Lowes being open? Do you hide in your basement or do you actually go out and see that EVERYONE IS OUT and there is no mass spread.

I'm not going to get into the 200k number. There are so many conflicting opinions on this, and reasons why the number is where it is. Most of the deaths happened during the shutdown, for reasons most people know. Yeah, old people in hospice care or very sick are going to die if they get this. I get that. They're likely to die from a lot of things. You don't shut down the economy because of it. They would be the first to tell you that.

Are you that stupid? 200K dead. We didn't shut down. Europe did. What other evidence do you need? Where do you think people were being exposed? Answer: in public places.

And it is no surprise that you would also question if the 200K number is real.

Another way of looking at Herd Immunity.

The pandemic of 1918 resulted in almost 700,000 deaths in the US.

The population of the US in 1918 was about 100 million and the current population of the US is 320 million which would have translated to about 2,100,000 million deaths.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: Farnox
Are you that stupid? 200K dead. We didn't shut down. Europe did. What other evidence do you need? Where do you think people were being exposed? Answer: in public places.

Are posting from a subterranean bunker? Go out and get some fresh air, your post show your a strictly a doomsayer.

I eat at restaurants, go shopping, golf, been to family outings. I travel on business & stayed in hotels. I never once got carried away with what if. I used just common sense, been tested 10 different times for various reasons all negative results. So you don’t have to hide from life or live in total fear .. smh

You keep failing to address my question. You just continue to sound like CNN.

The real number of deaths from Covid won't be known until next year, when all of the numbers settle and you can compare total deaths vs. previous years. There were ~2.86m people that died in 2019. It's a fairly consistent number that increases slightly each year. One would expect 2020 to be around 2.9m.

Reactions: superstein61a
You keep failing to address my question. You just continue to sound like CNN.

The real number of deaths from Covid won't be known until next year, when all of the numbers settle and you can compare total deaths vs. previous years. There were ~2.86m people that died in 2019. It's a fairly consistent number that increases slightly each year. One would expect 2020 to be around 2.9m.

OK, so just so we are clear here, the most accurate way to count COVID deaths is to compare total US deaths from all causes from 2019 to total US deaths from all causes in 2020? And this is more accurate than counting up death certificates which list COVID as a cause of death? The stupidity of some of you never ceases to amaze me. I mean we are talking about mental retardation level stupidity.

And I'm not living in fear either. My kids go to school 5 days a week, are playing sports, went on a COVID hotspot vacation in July, go to church, etc. We are just smart about it. I haven't eaten inside of a restaurant since March because I see that as entirely unnecessary. You can get the same food and bring it home to eat.

Reactions: Lancer76
Buy them online.
How do shut down 50 different governor you nitwit? How do you stop the destruction in private and public property when you have multiple governors protecting the thugs? Sadam Hussain would be able to shut down the people but you can't shut shi* down in this country when you have 50 different generals each dictating their own rules.

OK, so just so we are clear here, the most accurate way to count COVID deaths is to compare total US deaths from all causes from 2019 to total US deaths from all causes in 2020? And this is more accurate than counting up death certificates which list COVID as a cause of death? The stupidity of some of you never ceases to amaze me. I mean we are talking about mental retardation level stupidity.

And I'm not living in fear either. My kids go to school 5 days a week, are playing sports, went on a COVID hotspot vacation in July, go to church, etc. We are just smart about it. I haven't eaten inside of a restaurant since March because I see that as entirely unnecessary. You can get the same food and bring it home to eat.
Wow.

Reactions: NCanton Panther

Intelligent reply containing more tripe without ever answering the initial question. And yes, I would trust comparing 2019 to 2020 more than what was written on the death certificate. Even some of the excess mortality studies have been so poorly done that I don't believe anyone anymore. Yearly death totals are surprisingly consistent.

~240k people die every month in this country. That's over 50k per week. Nobody cares what those people are dyeing of. Dummies don't understand anything other than the 200k, 200k, 200k.... that CNN keeps brainwashing you with.

yes, I would trust comparing 2019 to 2020 more than what was written on the death certificate. Even some of the excess mortality studies have been so poorly done that I don't believe anyone anymore. Yearly death totals are surprisingly consistent.

Its amazing people like you can get through life being this stupid.

Their "resurgence" is nothing like what we're seeing here. Germany, France, UK, and Italy combined for like 100 deaths this weekend. USA: 950. Those countries are also getting ahead of it and re-closing things. They dont tolerate death like Americans
As you have pointed out many times deaths lag infections europe's infections have went way up. Also not everyone is counting deaths the way the us has.

Reactions: 1Skeets
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT