ADVERTISEMENT

Bring on the fans at Heinz Field

There is almost no way that is happening. How many stories have to be out there about deaths being attributed to Covid for people who had other conditions that were already killing them for you to get that? We are currently paying people to list the deaths as being from Covid. And most often you get what you pay for. Why would this be any different?

However, if that is what's happening then the total number of deaths for the year will clearly show that. You should be arguing that when that number gets announced we'll see how badly they are under counting the total. And yet you aren't. Hmmmm. I wonder why?

that’s just it, how many credible reports are out there? Three or four? Each valid report seems to get multiplied by tens of thousands by deniers.

You almost got there with your analogy, but not quite.

In reality it's more like what actually does happen in the real world. Pitt announces an attendance number based on how many tickets they sold, how many tickets they gave away to everyone that they give them away to, and sometimes an extra number of people added on to make the numbers look a little better. Then other people try to estimate how many people are actually there based on what they see with their own eyes. And then there is the truth, the actual number of people who entered the stadium and attended the game.

The death certificate count is the first one. Everyone knows that the counts are currently being overstated. Or, well, OK, anyone who is paying attention and has even a modicum of common sense knows that the counts are currently being overstated. The question isn't if, it's by how much. Much like Pitt game attendance. Sometimes Pitt announces a number that is pretty close to the truth. Other times they don't. None of us actually know by exactly how much, we just know it's happening.

If sometime next year it comes out that the total number of deaths this year is right in line with what would have been expected without the virus that doesn't mean that the virus didn't kill anyone, but it will tell you something about how far off the counts are. On the other hand, if at the end of the year the official count is 250,000 higher than what would have been expected (just to pick a semi-random number) and the virus estimate is 300,000 deaths then that would tell us something completely different.

Or we can all just bury our heads in the sand.

You understand what we need to look at, but don’t seem to understand what that number has told us, if you think the count is overstated.

Excess Deaths have generally exceeded the Covid 19 count by 10k to 15k. Therefore in aggregate the Covid count is likely a slight undercount.

The only thing that *could* cause that delta to close are folks that where high risk that would have died anyway later in the year. They absolutely “count” since they died prematurely, but that could be a mitigating factor in excess death number. You can’t die twice, so in theory they won’t add to the excess number.

But even *with* that, it’s still higher than the Covid count right now. An overcount is literally impossible unless there is another anomalous cause of excess deaths

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
To add to my point above, it looks like that spread has actually increased. I downloaded CDC data and studied it myself in May. At the time, we were ~10K undercount when we were around 80K Covid reported deaths.

This article is from August and shows they gap widening to 60K. So if you really believe it’s not Covid, you must have an anomalous cause that first makes up the 60k delta *just* to show that Covid isn’t undercounted. So unless that cause exists, it’s overwhelming that they are being undercounted despite anecdotes that people cling to.

Again you have an opinion about death certificates being inaccurate, but that is not based on facts. Death certificates do have mistakes, but they are far more accurate than any estimate. They have not been proven to be inaccurate on the large scale. These certificates are generally filled out or dictated by physicians who took care of the dying/dead patient. To the best of their expertise, that physician fills out a form using the most accurate information about the patient that is available to that physician. Who is better to make that decision? Maybe you would do a better job.

It's not my opinion, it's readily available in public literature published long before Covid. You seem to be taking it personal.

There is almost no way that is happening. No matter how many times CNN and MSNBC tell you so. How many stories have to be out there about deaths being attributed to Covid for people who had other conditions that were already killing them for you to get that? We are currently paying people to list the deaths as being from Covid. And most often you get what you pay for. Why would this be any different?

However, if that is what's happening then the total number of deaths for the year will clearly show that. You should be arguing that when that number gets announced we'll see how badly they are under counting the total. And yet you aren't. Hmmmm. I wonder why?
You keep stating that there are stories about the count being overstated, but you do not give out where you are reading these stories.

My problem is what is good for Allegheny county is what is necessarily good for Somerset county. It’s not one size fits all.

OK, so just so we are clear here, the most accurate way to count COVID deaths is to compare total US deaths from all causes from 2019 to total US deaths from all causes in 2020? And this is more accurate than counting up death certificates which list COVID as a cause of death? The stupidity of some of you never ceases to amaze me. I mean we are talking about mental retardation level stupidity.

And I'm not living in fear either. My kids go to school 5 days a week, are playing sports, went on a COVID hotspot vacation in July, go to church, etc. We are just smart about it. I haven't eaten inside of a restaurant since March because I see that as entirely unnecessary. You can get the same food and bring it home to eat.
Thanks for taking a vacation, going to church, allowing your kids to play sports and spreading the Covid asshole.... so now can I finally go to the hardware store and fix my toilet? Or does that still not satisfy your standards?

Crazy town. I did none of those things and never bitched once about others spreading covid. Hypocrite is the word I am looking for I think. This guy never heard of it. He is still working from home and bitching about those of us who have gone to work every day since this all started.

I go to work with a large group, about 10,000 people. About 1,000 have had Covid-19. We do all of the safety stuff with masks, hand cleaning, distancing, etc. There is only so much that can be done. But this guy bitches and moans about Covid-19 spread but yet lives his life the same as ever except working from home and no Home Depot. Just nutty.

OK, so just so we are clear here, the most accurate way to count COVID deaths is to compare total US deaths from all causes from 2019 to total US deaths from all causes in 2020? And this is more accurate than counting up death certificates which list COVID as a cause of death? The stupidity of some of you never ceases to amaze me. I mean we are talking about mental retardation level stupidity.

And I'm not living in fear either. My kids go to school 5 days a week, are playing sports, went on a COVID hotspot vacation in July, go to church, etc. We are just smart about it. I haven't eaten inside of a restaurant since March because I see that as entirely unnecessary. You can get the same food and bring it home to eat.

And you realize we have people dying in car wrecks that they test for some reason and if positive cause of death is COVID so yes that method is way more accurate than counting death certificates.

Correct

The judge can be overturned with a 2-1 ruling in the 3rd circuit.

Over 200,000 Covid 19 deaths so far with projections of 410,000 deaths by years end.

The US has 4% of the Global Population but 20% of the Global Deaths due to Covid 19.

The US has the best Health Care Systems/Research (50% of all Nobel Prizes were awarded to United States scientists) in the world.

?????

Stay safe!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Confirmed!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Have u ever been to Europe? Do the people in Europe or for that matter all over the world look like Americans. Obesity and it’s concomitant health problems, high blood pressue and diabetes, are responsible for many of the corona virus deaths in The U. S. A.

Yes. Europeans are much thinner though they do smoke more.

And you realize we have people dying in car wrecks that they test for some reason and if positive cause of death is COVID so yes that method is way more accurate than counting death certificates.
[/QUOTE

this isn’t really true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT