ADVERTISEMENT

Bub to Washington

Congrats Bub!

When I saw Portland he was going to be behind a bunch of other talented young guards Simons, Sheppard, Henderson & Sharpe.

Washington sucks just like Portland but an easier path to PT. Has a couple good vets in Jones & Brogdan to learn from.

I might see him play then, since I'm in the area where I get the Wizards local broadcasts, the Wizards won less games than Pitt last year :)

Our third highest draft pick of all time (behind Smith and Adams.) Or fourth if you include Cam Johnson, which I don't because I'd go by last school, but feel free. It had been 10 years since we had someone drafted from Pitt directly.

This will sound more "I told you so" than I mean it to but there were a few loud people on this very board who kept insisting he wasn't good enough to be drafted yet. People who didn't understand both how young he is and how high his ceiling is.

Hope he maintains a good relationship with Capel and Pitt and sends some money our way eventually too. Adams and Cam presumably don't.

Our third highest draft pick of all time (behind Smith and Adams.) Or fourth if you include Cam Johnson, which I don't because I'd go by last school, but feel free. It had been 10 years since we had someone drafted from Pitt directly.

This will sound more "I told you so" than I mean it to but there were a few loud people on this very board who kept insisting he wasn't good enough to be drafted yet. People who didn't understand both how young he is and how high his ceiling is.

Hope he maintains a good relationship with Capel and Pitt and sends some money our way eventually too. Adams and Cam presumably don't.

Cam Johnson is a Pitt grad. Was here for 3 years, played in 2.25. Adams was here for 1. Bub was here for 1. Cam absolutely counts.

Cam Johnson is a Pitt grad. Was here for 3 years, played in 2.25. Adams was here for 1. Bub was here for 1. Cam absolutely counts.
That's fine, I root for him. It's just one of those things where when he was drafted, Adam Silver or whoever said "from the University of North Carolina" and that's how it'll be listed on wikipedia, basketball reference, and so on.

It will always be incredible to me that Stallings had a team with Young, Artis, Jeter, Luther, and Johnson... and went 4-14.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

You would have thought that some would have learned the lesson with Steven Adams, but no.

Adams is being used correctly in the NBA playing against the very best players in the world , this wasn’t the case at Pitt . He could’ve done more offensively here if given the opportunity . I doubt he’d have returned for another yr no matter what .

The NIL has changed the necessity of turning pro for fringe players , but for those with high ceilings the NBA is what these kids grow up dreaming about . Playing for Pitt and going to class can’t compete .

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT