ADVERTISEMENT

Bud Dupree

He went from a top FA with all the negotiating power in the world to someone who will miss ‘21 and coming off knee injury.

sucks to be his agent.

When a knee buckles like that without any contact.......usually bad news. I speak from unfortunate experience.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Really sucks for all parties involved. I'm sure he will still get signed with the goal of returning mid-season for someone, but I'm guessing he lost some money today.

Maybe a perspective to consider the next time a Pitt players sits out the GFS Bulk Guacamole Bowl.

When a knee buckles like that without any contact.......usually bad news. I speak from unfortunate experience.
Yeah I was kind of holding out hope when I saw him walking fairly well to the tunnel, but my immediate thought seeing the injury was torn ACL. Crazy how these freak things happen and usually result in the worst injuries.

True, but what I really think shows up against KC is how our secondary has been protected & aided by the pass rush.

This stinks all around.
Obviously Bud was having a great year and it was going to catapult him to a huge contract in the offseason. Happening so late in the season limits his availability for next year.

Of course, it hurts the Steelers because you cannot replicate what he does on the field. Part of the reason the defense is so good is because of the pass rush and Dupree is a big part of that.

He went from a top FA with all the negotiating power in the world to someone who will miss ‘21 and coming off knee injury.

sucks to be his agent.

acl injuries are down to 6 months of rehab. dude will still get paid and will be playing game 1 of 2021.

It seemed like the field conditions were not good yesterday? There was that play where RG3 started limping to the sidelines midplay after his one leg planted funny a few plays after he had just run for a huge gain. There was also the play where Peters for Baltimore limped off to the sidelines. Did Heinz recieve its typical post-Thanksgiving re-sodding; or was that cancelled due to no WPIAL playoffs there this year? Was the field possibly too soft given the wet and cold conditions yesterday?

Reactions: 303vND
It seemed like the field conditions were not good yesterday? There was that play where RG3 started limping to the sidelines midplay after his one leg planted funny a few plays after he had just run for a huge gain. There was also the play where Peters for Baltimore limped off to the sidelines. Did Heinz recieve its typical post-Thanksgiving re-sodding; or was that cancelled due to no WPIAL playoffs there this year? Was the field possibly too soft given the wet and cold conditions yesterday?
i cant imagine that you can blame this one on anything but bad luck.. like recruits said, as long as we dont go back to the green cement turf days of the 80's and 90s, we should be good.. Steelers players were wearing high top basketball shoes to play football at three rivers, that's something that i hope i never see again..

Reactions: pitt90seven
Yep, that was just bad luck (as was Bush's ACL tear). Not the case where you see a guy get his foot caught in the turf or someone tackle/block his knee from the side.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet:

If Dupree signs a lower salary because of this injury, the Steelers will get a worse compensatory pick. It's possible, even likely, that Dupree's market value would have been north of $16-17M per year pre-injury. That's likely a 3rd round comp pick value, maybe 4th at worst. Now the comp pick will drop commensurate with whatever deal he is able to sign.

Feel terrible for Bud. He came into the league pretty raw and really developed himself into quite a player. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

Has it been confirmed?

If Dupree signs a lower salary because of this injury, the Steelers will get a worse compensatory pick. It's possible, even likely, that Dupree's market value would have been north of $16-17M per year pre-injury. That's likely a 3rd round comp pick value, maybe 4th at worst. Now the comp pick will drop commensurate with whatever deal he is able to sign.

Feel terrible for Bud. He came into the league pretty raw and really developed himself into quite a player. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.

Yes, it is confirmed.

Nelson is now scheduled for an MRI as he said he felt something funny in his knee.

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yes, it is confirmed.

Nelson is now scheduled for an MRI as he said felt funny in his knee.
Wonder who would make up for Nelson’s absence. Sutton (though he’s best at Hilton’s nickel position)? Layne?

I’ll take these guys over any other team as long as they have Big Ben, but the defense taking on this much water is enough to make you second guess that confidence.

Yes, prayers and positive energy for that higher comp pick. 🙏🙄

Yes, prayers and positive energy for that higher comp pick. 🙏🙄

I clearly expressed my sadness for him as a player, especially since he's made himself into quite a good. one. I just wanted to point out an additional hit to the Steelers that hadn't yet been mentioned, beyond just losing Bud for the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT