ADVERTISEMENT

Bulletin Board Material From A Cal Beat Writer

Dec 20, 2019
After going on and on for 4 pages about Pitt's offensive weapons he says this in his conclusion
"I haven’t been terribly impressed with their lines, and their secondary is prone to giving up explosive plays on busted coverages. Cal is done with the most daunting part of their schedule, and I feel like Cal will have the talent advantage the rest of the way through. Pitt may be ranked and undefeated, but I would be shocked if Cal did not have a big bounce-back game here. Other than a complete mental failure by the Cal team, I struggle to see what could go wrong for Cal here. I might end up regretting these statements, but this is just what I see.

Go Bears."

Somebody get this down to Duzz for a little last minute motivation.

I haven’t been terribly impressed with their lines
Don't disagree

Their secondary is prone to giving up explosive plays on busted coverages

Eh, which college secondary isn't?

Cal is done with the most daunting part of their schedule
UC Davis: FCS
Auburn: 2-3
San Diego State: 2-3
FSU: 1-5
Miami: 6-0

So, basically, the Miami game is over

I feel like Cal will have the talent advantage the rest of the way through
I guess it's possible, but *checks last five years of recruiting rankings* I doubt it

Other than a complete mental failure by the Cal team, I struggle to see what could go wrong for Cal here
Uh, they're averaging 5.8 wins/season since 2000, so I struggle to see how anyone could be all that confident in them

Go Bears
I do like bears. Always wanted to see one in the wild and finally got my wish granted when we went to the Tennessee game and one came digging through the garbage cans at our hotel. But it could have been Fireballz in a bear costume.

After going on and on for 4 pages about Pitt's offensive weapons he says this in his conclusion
"I haven’t been terribly impressed with their lines, and their secondary is prone to giving up explosive plays on busted coverages. Cal is done with the most daunting part of their schedule, and I feel like Cal will have the talent advantage the rest of the way through. Pitt may be ranked and undefeated, but I would be shocked if Cal did not have a big bounce-back game here. Other than a complete mental failure by the Cal team, I struggle to see what could go wrong for Cal here. I might end up regretting these statements, but this is just what I see.

Go Bears."

Is that a beat writer or a cheerleader? Who does he write for?

Go Bears."

I read that. But remember he's a homer. What else can he say? The people who set the betting odds and national pundits see the game much differently.

I can't argue with this sentence: "I haven’t been terribly impressed with their lines, and their secondary is prone to giving up explosive plays on busted coverages."

I agree with you that Narduzzi should use this as motivation, especially to the linemen on both sides.

Chris did a great comparison of the two teams on one of his morning Pitt's this week. Cal's red zone offense wasn't any good. Personally, I think Pitt wins 35 - 20.

Personally I think the Miami game went to their head (the media members that is). They felt like they were so wronged that it slipped their mind they put up 9 against Florida State. I think both extremes are incorrect and they are probably somewhere in between both performances. I also think with Pitt having another bye after this game they plan to empty the tank to get to 6-0. I respect Cal, but I've noticed some things on film I hope the Panthers are prepared to exploit.

Reactions: pittmeister
Could anyone imagine a Pitt PG write penning those words? They are so caught up on being worried about looking small time, that they morph into a miserable PG writer.

Reactions: DavidVC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT