ADVERTISEMENT

Bummer, but we are an improving team

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
Definitely played Vtech equal today, only 9 yards separated total yardage and 2 feet separated the score.

Very good game planning once again, and coaches put the team in position to win the game. I know all the bad feeling after a loss, and it sucks we arent the team that ever gets that extra yard, but, we definitely have an improving team.

The O is really only losing Weah after Friday. Much like Greg Lee and the Baldwin kid from Quipa, he has been a net negative in his final year and we'll be better without him. I like Lopes and Ffrench in their roles but we need a deep threat to emerge.

The D needs people to develop on the front 7.

Is there a player on this roster that can develop into a playmaker. Maybe our poor recruiting is catching up to us?

Reactions: CCvNYC
Pitt let the last two slip away. The Syracuse game was another winnable game. Win those three and you all of a sudden have an impressive looking season given the makeup of this roster.

Honestly, I want this season to end as fast as possible. I didn’t want them to win to keep the chance of a bowl game going. I don’t want Pitt going to a bowl game at 5-7.

This year has been a nightmare for players, fans, gameday coaching and recruiting. Play balls out for 1 final game vs Miami, hopefully lose and turn the page for 2018. 2017 is a year to forget.

Definitely played Vtech equal today, only 9 yards separated total yardage and 2 feet separated the score.

Very good game planning once again, and coaches put the team in position to win the game. I know all the bad feeling after a loss, and it sucks we arent the team that ever gets that extra yard, but, we definitely have an improving team.

How is losing to a one win at home in late November an improving team? I’ll give you this you certainly try to convince yourself all is fine just a shame it’s all BS

Next year...

They’re going to be average next year. 2019 is their year. I did a thread on it a few weeks ago. Next year is just a reset button for hope, but thinking with your brain and not your heart says 2019.

Reactions: gary2
The O is really only losing Weah after Friday. Much like Greg Lee and the Baldwin kid from Quipa, he has been a net negative in his final year and we'll be better without him. I like Lopes and Ffrench in their roles but we need a deep threat to emerge.

The D needs people to develop on the front 7.

Is there a player on this roster that can develop into a playmaker. Maybe our poor recruiting is catching up to us?
Paris Ford as a wideout

It is alarming to me that none of Narduzzi's Pitt teams have improved as the season has progressed. I also find it alarming that not a single coach on this staff can claim a good unit. Individually, only Lopes and Maddox have developed past their potential. There is potential here but no evidence that Narduzzi and his staff can do anything with it.

Don't know about you guys, but, I am looking forward to next year already,, I think Pitt has improved a lot defensively since last year, definitely more talented more athleticism both sides of the ball, already can't wait to watch 2018 team

Coaches did a great job today, I really liked the game plan

Don't know about you guys, but, I am looking forward to next year already,, I think Pitt has improved a lot defensively since last year, definitely more talented more athleticism both sides of the ball, already can't wait to watch 2018 team

I am as well, but dreading hearing Narduzzi saying the QB position is an open competition.

Narduzzi is sticking with Watson...

Chryst had his House; Narduzzi has Watson. Some things about Pitt football never change.

Has the coaching improved? Will we have the same goal line situation next year or did the coaches learn from this fiasco.

Coming into today's game we are ranked 12th in the ACC in team defense.

I am as well, but dreading hearing Narduzzi saying the QB position is an open competition.

Of course it will be an open competition, are you insane? Pickett should have the upper hand, but DiNucci should be given a shot and whatever transfer qb comes in also. Why would you hand a job to a guy with 0 starts and not even 1 full game of work yet? Make him bust his ass and earn it. Last thing you need to do is hand him a job so he can turn into Mark Myers and golf every day.

Last edited:
It’s not a myth, just a Straw that our moronic posters here need to cling and grasp for to help them justify our pathetic football team under Wanduzzi...

Were they so pathetic his 1st 2 years? Maybe its you and other posters who ard pathetic. To sit around wait and hope the team lose so you can come on a messsage board and talk like you know something. That is pathetic.

When they win all the petty little message board comedians are a no show. You like others need to go and find a team you can feel proud of. Its clear you all see Pitt players, coaches and admin as mediocre. So do all of us so called Pitt suckers who want to see them do better, and just disappear.

Looking at the depth chart, both the positive and negative posts could be true on this thread. Which seems both boring and likely.

If you get back 9 or 10 of your 11 defensive starters (depends on Whitehead), you should be better. Same on offense (depends on O'Neill). So yes the thread title is probably literally true. The team is looking up. We had a good game yesterday but it's still a loss.

So if we finish 4-8, what is looking up mean? 6-6 next year? Pickett ends up being great and we go 8-5, with a third place division finish?

Wishful thinking that Narduzzi survives to 2019. He's l
Sticking with Conklin scares me more

This.

Watson has his moments but playing a high school QB exonerates him. Does ANYONE have the confidence that Conklin will have this defense playing a high level anytime soon? By high level, I mean playing well for ALL 12 games. No more 42 points given up in 2 quarters like this year's OSU game. Like no more UNC not punting the ball in the second half playing their 3rd string QB. On and on... this guy has failed. No accountability.

Of course it will be an open competition, are you insane? Pickett should have the upper hand, but DiNucci should be given a shot and whatever transfer qb comes in also. Why would you hand a job to a guy with 0 starts and not even 1 full game of work yet? Make him bust his ass and earn it. Last thing you need to do is hand him a job so he can turn into Mark Myers and golf every day.

Because anyone can plainly see that DiNucci can’t get it done and almost certainly never will. Any meaningful snaps he gets are a step backward for the program.

He will never be good enough for this team to win consistently. Pickett may be and it is time to find out now.

Reactions: Jpripper88
14 teams in the ACC and was 12th coming into the game. You have incredibly low expectations.

Seems what is what is wanted as fans these days , I notice posters who LIE about our great fortunes are left to post , many others get timeouts. But the one problem is TRUTH and most know it

14 teams in the ACC and was 12th coming into the game. You have incredibly low expectations.

Are you not capable of using your eyes to tell that the defense is better than last year? You need a ****ing acc ranking to tell you if it’s better or not? C’mon man, you’re smarter than that. You get too tied up with rankings as the only metric to use to evaluate anything Pitt related.

Definitely improving, no question about it.

Really, just need the DL to keep improving, they made almost no plays the first 7 games, and now are finally starting to get some penetration. The corners are blankets, FAR better than last year.

Reactions: PantherDDS
How is losing to a one win at home in late November an improving team? I’ll give you this you certainly try to convince yourself all is fine just a shame it’s all BS

This team IS getting better as the season progresses. If you can't see that, then you're trying to be blind to progress. But you cry-baby, entitled fans wallow in this self-loathing.

Yep, it's tough being a Pitt fan. But Narduzzi is a good coach and good guy and we'll improved steadily with him. Having a single down year after 2 strong showings in his first 2 seasons is not uncommon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT