ADVERTISEMENT

Bummer, but we are an improving team

This team IS getting better as the season progresses. If you can't see that, then you're trying to be blind to progress. But you cry-baby, entitled fans wallow in this self-loathing.

Yep, it's tough being a Pitt fan. But Narduzzi is a good coach and good guy and we'll improved steadily with him. Having a single down year after 2 strong showings in his first 2 seasons is not uncommon.

If you believe that fine but an improving team doesn't lose a home game in November to a team without a Division 1 win period. Look I can see the improvements in certain areas in spurts but I have not seen one group consistently get better week after week and maintaining it. I'm a die hard Pitt fan so I don't feel entitled to anything heartbreak is a way of life as demonstrated by getting kept out of the end zone Saturday with 4 shots. I never once felt like we should be a 9-3 or 10-2 team but we should be heading into this last game with at least 6 wins and probably 7 if you feel we should have beat Syracuse. Despite the record I will be there Friday hoping to knock Miami out of the top 4. I don't feel entitled to a thing but I certainly am free to express my dissatisfaction with where I feel this staff and team have gotten to this point. If you think all is well thats your right but I think there are a number of things that should be better this far into this coaches tenure. I'm not saying fire the coach as i do think he offers the best chance going forward to be successful but I also hold people accountable and coaching decisions and play calling have been questionable at best in key times this year thats all not being a cry baby or self loathing at all.

If you believe that fine but an improving team doesn't lose a home game in November to a team without a Division 1 win period. Look I can see the improvements in certain areas in spurts but I have not seen one group consistently get better week after week and maintaining it. I'm a die hard Pitt fan so I don't feel entitled to anything heartbreak is a way of life as demonstrated by getting kept out of the end zone Saturday with 4 shots. I never once felt like we should be a 9-3 or 10-2 team but we should be heading into this last game with at least 6 wins and probably 7 if you feel we should have beat Syracuse. Despite the record I will be there Friday hoping to knock Miami out of the top 4. I don't feel entitled to a thing but I certainly am free to express my dissatisfaction with where I feel this staff and team have gotten to this point. If you think all is well thats your right but I think there are a number of things that should be better this far into this coaches tenure. I'm not saying fire the coach as i do think he offers the best chance going forward to be successful but I also hold people accountable and coaching decisions and play calling have been questionable at best in key times this year thats all not being a cry baby or self loathing at all.

You are just so dramatic.

Teams get upset all the time. Literally every week there are upsets. Are you saying none of those teams that are lose those games can be deemed as a team that is improving?

The Steelers lost to the Bears. Thank god they dont have your perspective, the season would have been over right there. We lost barely to a team that was very much like us, playing lots of younger players. UNC won 65-10 this week, they nearly have our record. We played far better than the last few times against UNC.

Dramatic seriously well then you’re delusional. You called Knoxville the most racist town in America last year talk about dramatic. Look no question you’re an eternal optimist and that’s great for you but I’m a realist and have 35 plus years of history to prove my points. We have been irrelevant and mediocre for 35 years now with a few decent years thrown in there but if you don’t get that sorry but that doesn’t make me dramatic it just is the truth. I as much as anyone want Pitt to succeed and become relevant in the ACC and nationally but we are still a long way from that and your’re impressed UNC scored 65 this weekend? they played Western Carolina man that’s about as being impressed if Pitt beat IUP by the same score.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Dramatic seriously well then you’re delusional. You called Knoxville the most racist town in America last year talk about dramatic. Look no question you’re an eternal optimist and that’s great for you but I’m a realist and have 35 plus years of history to prove my points. We have been irrelevant and mediocre for 35 years now with a few decent years thrown in there but if you don’t get that sorry but that doesn’t make me dramatic it just is the truth. I as much as anyone want Pitt to succeed and become relevant in the ACC and nationally but we are still a long way from that and your’re impressed UNC scored 65 this weekend? they played Western Carolina man that’s about as being impressed if Pitt beat IUP by the same score.

Im delusional to call knoxville the most racist town in America??? Yeah, hillbillies in Tennessee are never known to be racist. *rolls eyes*. I lived there, I know, it is the only time in my life I heard the N word every day. I lived in Alabama for years and maybe heard the word 3 or 4 times.

Next error... Western Carolina is DI, plays in the Southern conference. IUP is DII... not even close, but then, I guess you dont know much about football, so you probably dont know what this even means. And, yes, I would have been impressed if a DiNucci led team could have scored 65 against my kids high school's team let alone another D1 school.

You arent a realist, you are a pessimist. Realism is we beat the national champions in DI at their home barely over a year ago. That means, we can beat anyone! Realism is we returned only 6 starters from last year on the whole team the first game. Realism is this is a 're-building' year. Realism is we have showed improvement and we will get better. I also have 35 years of history to prove that. Just because we are 8-4 last year doesnt mean the coach sucks this year. That is a good year, especially when you see we only lost really one game that we were clearly not as good, and that was Miami.

All I am saying is, to be so down after a loss is not a good way to get. Stay grounded. It is not Narduzzi's fault we didnt rush a yard at the end of the last game. The week before that, yes, totally on the coaches for not playing Pickett (in hindsight we can all agree that, if Pickett threw 5 INTs against VT we would be singing a different tune).

Lastly I am not an 'eternal optimist', although I wish I was, I have ZERO optimism on Pitt basketball. I had very little optimism on DiNucci. I am data based in my optimism. If I see trends I like, and I try to see trends I like, then I will be optimistic.

Definitely improving, no question about it.

Really, just need the DL to keep improving, they made almost no plays the first 7 games, and now are finally starting to get some penetration. The corners are blankets, FAR better than last year.
UNC's 3rd string QB was 20-31 for 235 against them two weeks ago.

You are just so dramatic.

Teams get upset all the time. Literally every week there are upsets. Are you saying none of those teams that are lose those games can be deemed as a team that is improving?

The Steelers lost to the Bears. Thank god they dont have your perspective, the season would have been over right there. We lost barely to a team that was very much like us, playing lots of younger players. UNC won 65-10 this week, they nearly have our record. We played far better than the last few times against UNC.

Plus according to statsinc UNC receptions were only against corners 6 times out of 13 targets against UNC and 7 receptions is 19 targets against VT. Pretty good performance!

But you dont need stats to see our corners playing step to step on every receiver, it is nght and day from last year. Maddox had his best game I have ever seen him play against vt

They barely throw to Dane Jackson's side anymore, and the Freshmen all seem big, physical and tough as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT