coming, (you know they've
scouted everything) yet
they can't stop him from
doing it. A guard isn't
supposed to pull that off
in the lane against Bigs.
He does it anyway, Color
me impressed!
Make no mistake this team will go exactly as far as Burton and Hinson can take them in the postseason. They are both going to have to be alpha dogs in this postseason for Pitt to make any noise. Neither of those guys can have any off days from here on out.

Yeah, he called the meeting right? And then backed it up with a strong performance. Solid.
Pitt will miss Burton badly next season. He is one of the best leaders Pitt has ever had. He is to this team what Brandon Knight was to his back in the day. He called that team meeting to get everyone's heads right. He didn't want anyone looking backward on missed opportunities, only forward on what lies ahead. The guys really believe in him, and going into tomorrow if we win, he will undoubtedly have a huge part in it.

Pitt will miss Burton badly next season. He is one of the best leaders Pitt has ever had. He is to this team what Brandon Knight was to his back in the day. He called that team meeting to get everyone's heads right. He didn't want anyone looking backward on missed opportunities, only forward on what lies ahead. The guys really believe in him, and going into tomorrow if we win, he will undoubtedly have a huge part in it.
As I’ve said previously, what he brings to this team goes way beyond stats.

Was going to make my own thread, but figured I’d add onto this one:

Where does Burton stand in terms of all-time great Pitt guards? Not only is he an excellent player, but his leadership helped guide out of our “dark ages” and back to the tournament. I agree with what @Pittisit4me said; I put him right up there with Knight in terms of overall impact to the program. We’re very lucky to have him.

Had a soft spot in my heart for him after he made my first visit to the Garden a special one with that game winner over St John’s.

He’s in rare form right now & I’m glad he’ll get the stage he deserves this March.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
First, the obvioius. If
anyone deserves an all
league, 1st team ACC
placement, it's surely
Burton. The actual on
court performance plus
the intangibles were on
display today in Pitt's
win over GT.

Secondly, maybe not so
obvious: Anyone who has
ever played bball knows
how difficult it is to drive
the lane, and just stop on
a dime. Either shoot it,
pass it, or better yet,
don't give up your dribble.
Not Burton. He stops,
pivots left, pivots right.
backwards even, and he
doesn't change his pivot
foot and get called for a
walk. That ain't easy, yet
he pulls it off over and
over. Today we saw him
do it maybe three or four
times. The D knows it's
coming, (you know they've
scouted everything) yet
they can't stop him from
doing it. A guard isn't
supposed to pull that off
in the lane against Bigs.
He does it anyway, Color
me impressed!

Soccer has a stat called "expected goals." Burton probably has the lowest "expected points" in the ACC due to the degree of difficulty of the shots he takes. Even those 18 footers are not easy. That is a lost art. No one shoots the mid-range like he does.

His court demeanor is very reminiscent to Sam Young.

Young looked surly all game long, and like he was ready to kill someone from the other team.

Same thing with Burton.

As I’ve said previously, what he brings to this team goes way beyond stats.
I would be absolutely over the moon for Burton (and Nike) if Pitt could cap this season off winning a couple games and playing in the Sweet 16.

This season has already been an overwhelming success, but that would just be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
I would be absolutely over the moon for Burton (and Nike) if Pitt could cap this season off winning a couple games and playing in the Sweet 16.

This season has already been an overwhelming success, but that would just be the icing on the cake.
Same ...

Just really have enjoyed how this team has played this year, and IMO it has given all that it has all season long.

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT