ADVERTISEMENT

C.Pinder to announce 6/28 at 7:30pm

good update bud. but i fear 2nd place here......
wtf do I know tho.

Last edited:
Was reported this week he may not have a committable offer,regardless of his ranking

Build a team with DL first.
Aaron Donald , Mean Joe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPKY
Who reported? We don’t have any DTs in this class so far.

We do have a DT (Brown) this site has him listed as a DE but he is a DT. 24/7 and his film shows him as a DT. I said in another thread I don’t care what the stars say but Brown is better than Pinder. Sure if there is room you take Pinder, but it’s not a position of need as we have 8 on our roster.

Reactions: HOF Coach
There's been a little uptick in recruiting the past week, but let's not think we're still not immune to losing guys, esp to a blue blood with a limitless pocketbook and minimal ethics (UNC). No shame if a recruit would spurn us for that largess, even if football. If it happens, no need to go "PSU" and sneer that WE turned HIM down. They sound like idiots when they say that; let's not follow suit (and dammit, don't play insipid Zombie Nation at our games either).

USF wouldn't be as happy to swallow but would be understandable for geography reasons.

Since there is no Pat Signal so far today, I think he’s committing elsewhere. ☹️ We would have heard rumblings by now. You can never have enough quality linemen regardless of what side of the ball he plays. You can move people. Our OL is our weakest position. NC fans are blowing up his twitter.

Reactions: singregardless
Since there is no Pat Signal so far today, I think he’s committing elsewhere. ☹️ We would have heard rumblings by now. You can never have enough quality linemen regardless of what side of the ball he plays. You can move people. Our OL is our weakest position. NC fans are blowing up his twitter.

It's the quiet period. Plus you're not going to "Pat Signal" and blow the kid's announcement.

Reactions: TheFormula
Why PN has done it plenty of times and kids moved up there commitments, last year a few players moved them up after he did his pay signal

Well PSN is reporting Pitt pulled the offer due to the Inn being full...won't be Pitt since Hayes and Brown committed. Makes sense.

Well PSN is reporting Pitt pulled the offer due to the Inn being full...won't be Pitt since Hayes and Brown committed. Makes sense.

Yeah, they must have found out that Pinder was committing elsewhere and pulled the offer.... I can't imagine another school doing that... Oh wait...

I think the jig was up last week when he didn’t commit. Who decided? Guess that depends on which narrative you’re pushing.

Pitt projects both Hayes and Brown as DTs. I don’t know whether they pulled the offer but I was told he didn’t make a great impression during his OV.

He doesn’t have UNC in his final 5: Pitt, PSU, VT, USF and UCF.

Last edited:
Pitt projects both Hayes and Brown as DTs. I don’t know whether they pulled the offer but I was told he didn’t make a great impression during his OV.

All right! Now we're getting somewhere! First, the word is that Pitt pulled the scholarship. Now we hear he didn't make a great impression (bad attitude? Not Pitt material?)

Does this sound familiar??? Pretty soon someone's going to mention grades.... Ha!

Reactions: Las Panteras
All right! Now we're getting somewhere! First, the word is that Pitt pulled the scholarship. Now we hear he didn't make a great impression (bad attitude? Not Pitt material?)

Does this sound familiar??? Pretty soon someone's going to mention grades.... Ha!

If Pitt is pulling offers on any 4-star player, it better be because there's a line of 4 & 5-stars forming to the left.

Yes it certainly sounds familiar. My take would be that C. Pinder was a lean to another program, possibly UNC and PItt failed to sway him even though he took several days to evaluate his decision. Pitt was probably in the mix but a second or third place finish.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Some ppl are getting a little caught up over the 4 star ranking...before you jump down my throat yes I’m for getting as much talent as possible (meaning lots of 4 stars). But just like 3 stars (which make up the majority of recruits) are not all the same, the same can be said for 4 stars.

I care more about what other schools have offered and Pinder does not have the typical 4 star offer list. His only so called “big” offer is PSU. We have had kids like this in the past...does 4 star Ruben Flowers ring a bell? His best offer was Iowa and he turned out to be a bust.

Our most recent 3 star DL Hayes and Brown are much better prospects IMO and their offer sheets reflect this. Hayes will end up a star and Brown has a ton of talent (he is a DT not DE as this site says). Brown a 5.7 3 star has offers from Auburn, Florida, Florida St, PSU etc...his offer sheet blows 5.8 4 star Pinder out of the water. But according to some Pinder must be better because of 0.1 star points.

Besides cornerback, DT is probably our deepest position as Pitt has 8 DTs and a few other guys who can play DT. We probably start Watts and Camp with Twyman being next. Danielson will probably round out the 4 man rotation but will have comp from Bentley & Green. Palmer got way bigger and was moved to DT. You have Frosh Kancey and DE Nelmes is already up to 270 and may grown into a DT. Alexander has played a little DT in the past as well.

We had enough depth that a kid like Wheeler (was in the DT rotation last year) was moved to OL. Before anyone says you take Pinder & can move more guys to the OL...remember that most of our back up DTs don’t have the height or arm length you typically want on OL. For example Danielson is 6’1”, Green is 6,0”, Kancey 6’0”.

To sum up my looooong post we have real nice depth at DT. We have lots of other needs on the roster and will probably only take a few more ships. My guess is it was between Brown & Pinder for 1 spot and Pitt got the more talented DT in Brown.

Some ppl are getting a little caught up over the 4 star ranking...before you jump down my throat yes I’m for getting as much talent as possible (meaning lots of 4 stars). But just like 3 stars (which make up the majority of recruits) are not all the same, the same can be said for 4 stars.

I care more about what other schools have offered and Pinder does not have the typical 4 star offer list. His only so called “big” offer is PSU. We have had kids like this in the past...does 4 star Ruben Flowers ring a bell? His best offer was Iowa and he turned out to be a bust.

Our most recent 3 star DL Hayes and Brown are much better prospects IMO and their offer sheets reflect this. Hayes will end up a star and Brown has a ton of talent (he is a DT not DE as this site says). Brown a 5.7 3 star has offers from Auburn, Florida, Florida St, PSU etc...his offer sheet blows 5.8 4 star Pinder out of the water. But according to some Pinder must be better because of 0.1 star points.

Besides cornerback, DT is probably our deepest position as Pitt has 8 DTs and a few other guys who can play DT. We probably start Watts and Camp with Twyman being next. Danielson will probably round out the 4 man rotation but will have comp from Bentley & Green. Palmer got way bigger and was moved to DT. You have Frosh Kancey and DE Nelmes is already up to 270 and may grown into a DT. Alexander has played a little DT in the past as well.

We had enough depth that a kid like Wheeler (was in the DT rotation last year) was moved to OL. Before anyone says you take Pinder & can move more guys to the OL...remember that most of our back up DTs don’t have the height or arm length you typically want on OL. For example Danielson is 6’1”, Green is 6,0”, Kancey 6’0”.

To sum up my looooong post we have real nice depth at DT. We have lots of other needs on the roster and will probably only take a few more ships. My guess is it was between Brown & Pinder for 1 spot and Pitt got the more talented DT in Brown.
Good post, I feel better now.

Reactions: 4upmc

Pitt projects Hayes to DT? I thought he could move inside, but your source is actually saying they're playing him inside? Interesting for sure.

Hayes is a defensive end. Brown is a defensive tackle, and for the foreseeable future, the only DT Pitt will be taking in this class. We've been reporting that on the free board pretty much since the visit weekend ended. There's limited space and the staff was set on taking the first to commit of Tim Brown, Clyde Pinder and Bryce Austin; Brown committed first, and I think the coaches were happy with that because it appears they had him ranked higher than Pinder on their board.

Chris,

Looking at both their films it does look like Brown gets off the ball faster and has a better motor! Have you seen the board or have you heard that from a coach or something??

thx 9NC

Hayes is a defensive end. Brown is a defensive tackle, and for the foreseeable future, the only DT Pitt will be taking in this class. We've been reporting that on the free board pretty much since the visit weekend ended. There's limited space and the staff was set on taking the first to commit of Tim Brown, Clyde Pinder and Bryce Austin; Brown committed first, and I think the coaches were happy with that because it appears they had him ranked higher than Pinder on their board.

True limited space and nice depth at DT as I stated in my post above. And as you said the Pitt coaches have him ranked higher than Pinder and that’s what matters. But some get worked up due to the 0.1 ranking difference. I’ll take the opinions of coaches from Pitt, Auburn, Florida, Florida St etc who all have Brown higher than Pinder.

Chris,

Looking at both their films it does look like Brown gets off the ball faster and has a better motor! Have you seen the board or have you heard that from a coach or something??

thx 9NC

I agree he gets off the ball faster. Has more upside IMO.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT